Pursuing my ambition to become a Game Designer

flyingcow

Shibe
yep

the square enix competition one also? dsk is not in blore
facilities and placements are bound to be good, but institute seems expensive

MAAC is ok as a part time course, or as an additional qualification, not as the only one.

yes dsk fees is sky high..do you know any other good colleges in pune? you live in pune right?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
nope live in mum
One college in Bangalore is ICAT, and students there did win some competition held by Square Enix

Zynga, EA, Sony, Gameloft, Disney all hire from India, but the whole industry is downsizing. every big studio has had major layoffs within the past 3 years.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Can you please elaborate and substantiate your statement with examples? Oh pretty please.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Orissa | Oh God! He wants man to travel in time

*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/b...trumental-to-success/articleshow/17028783.cms

He didnt get the scholarship for MIT though.. He's a nice guy and My classmate -_-
PS: You may not believe me, but he was called to Buckingham palace to recite a self made poem, by royal society of england.. Just google it if you dont believe

And here's one more, also my class mate
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/if-one...g-no-exams-difficult/articleshow/17028781.cms

Also failed to get into MIT, he's currently in IIT KGP

I can name a few more but they arent googlable

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
He didn't get just the scholarship or the admission?
This makes me realize that I am pretty much screwed. IDK what to do now. I think I gotta stick to Indian colleges for now. :(

Nerevarine

Incarnate
He was selected for MIT but without scholarship.. very few people can afford it's fees..
He got a perfect 2400/2400 in sat practice test organized by some IIT

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
He was selected for MIT but without scholarship.. very few people can afford it's fees..
He got a perfect 2400/2400 in sat practice test organized by some IIT

MIT fees per annum=37 lakh INR. I think they generously give scholarships.
They give nearly 1,08,93,65,376 INR in scholarships to International students alone. This is the actual figure awarded in 2013.
I am preparing for SAT too right now. :/
I hope I get a good score.

- - - Updated - - -

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Orissa | Oh God! He wants man to travel in time

*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/b...trumental-to-success/articleshow/17028783.cms

He didnt get the scholarship for MIT though.. He's a nice guy and My classmate -_-
PS: You may not believe me, but he was called to Buckingham palace to recite a self made poem, by royal society of england.. Just google it if you dont believe

And here's one more, also my class mate
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/if-one...g-no-exams-difficult/articleshow/17028781.cms

Also failed to get into MIT, he's currently in IIT KGP

I can name a few more but they arent googlable

No offense but where do you stand in comparison?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh
giving a safe and sure upgrade path in India
do BTECH. institute does not matter.
Do a bunch of internships during the vacations of the graduations, figure our a specialization.
at same time do part time post graduate diploma in game design from any local institute. Arena or MAAC are some pan-india examples, but there are more institutes that offer the same course. topics covered should be zbrush, 3ds max, photoshop and either unity or unreal. finish before final year.
then do full time post graduate diploma in game design/ game dev or game art depending on your strengths/interest from professional institutes with industry connections and placements at end. There are courses at NID/ICAT/DSK/Srishti/MITID... there might be others. there will def be more options by the time you guys graduate. many of these institutes are not UGC/AICTE certified.
get into a gaming studio with placements. or go back to one of the places you interned at.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
it changes and is increasing every year. say a dd/cheque during admission, then one each at every term or semester for dsk. it includes residential charges.
many of these institutes have graduate courses as well, check them out. but they might not be UGC/AICTE certified.

flyingcow

Shibe
What is the fee structure of DSK anyway?
its really high, from what i read yesterday it can be upto 4 lkh per year and another person said 30 lkh for 4-5 yrs, cant confirm any of them
i really wanna go there but the fees, it not like i can afford it but ill always feel guilty for spending so much and what if it doesnt work out well?

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
So, should I just forget MIT and go for this institute in Pune?! Tell me one thing, if I were a resident of the US, then getting into MIT would have been any easier?! And tell me something, how in the hell do you guys have so much knowledge on these courses and streams and stuff like that?!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So, should I just forget MIT and go for this institute in Pune?! Tell me one thing, if I were a resident of the US, then getting into MIT would have been any easier?! And tell me something, how in the hell do you guys have so much knowledge on these courses and streams and stuff like that?!

Never stop dreaming. If you have a dream, you gotta protect it.
Once you get in 12th, you will automatically learn this stuff. For a US citizen, getting into MIT is still pretty tough. It's the best college in the world. What else do you expect?

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
This may be a silly question but does playing games like CoD Online help me in any way?! I mean it's an FPS and whenever I play, I try to improve my skill. And btw, how do you have so much knowledge on this matter?!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
This may be a silly question but does playing games like CoD Online help me in any way?! I mean it's an FPS and whenever I play, I try to improve my skill. And btw, how do you have so much knowledge on this matter?!

Playing online games will destroy your chances as it will take away your time etc.
From my entire short carrer of game developing (2 months) I can tell you this, designing a game is nothing like playing it.

Top Bottom