PSU for friend's rig !! Confused by sticky threads.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ AFAIK, that was the issue with the 1st generation of CX series. The new CX v2 series has overcome that issue and can actually provide the rated power up to 42/45 degree Celsius. Check the Johnyguru and Kitguru review for CX V2 series

saswat23

Human Spambot
And I read somewhere that new GX series from CM are really very good. They are 80+ Bronze certified too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but CM GX series costs more than corsair CX series and still I think CX (v2) series is still a little better compared to Cm GX series.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ AFAIK, that was the issue with the 1st generation of CX series. The new CX v2 series has overcome that issue and can actually provide the rated power up to 42/45 degree Celsius. Check the Johnyguru and Kitguru review for CX V2 series

Still, apart from being VFM, they are not that good, compared to other better ones.
As OP have limited budget, he have very few budget.

but CM GX series costs more than corsair CX series and still I think CX (v2) series is still a little better compared to Cm GX series.

Only GX450 (AFAIK).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GX-550 costs around ~4.6k ( same as GS600) and the CX500v2 Costs at-least 1.2k less. For another eg GX650 costs 5.6k but you can get a TX650 @ ~5.2k - so overall GX series is overpriced.

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
GX-550 costs around ~4.6k ( same as GS600) and the CX500v2 Costs at-least 1.2k less. For another eg GX650 costs 5.6k but you can get a TX650 @ ~5.2k - so overall GX series is overpriced.

this is confusing now people.
i am confused so many models and so many versions.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
no need to be confused he is just sharing the fact that, at the same price point GX series is overpriced compared to corsair

Top Bottom