PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

napster007

Padawan
k ppl...i guess now i can officially join the club....just got me self a PSP slim and lite cracked with 3.80 for 9.5k......

so tell me the must have apps and alll kinda funky stuff abt it!!

@tarey and Ashu,sorry guys couldn't post the pics.Was a bit busy with studies and all.
I'll surely post some nice pics later in the day.

I played star wars last night and man I'm getting addicted to it.
I cannon find Socom in the market neither at planet M nor at music world and I don't wanna pirate this game.Any help on this one?Please enlighten this poor lad:D

@Napster,first grab some games and get gaming.You'll be busy with that for quite a while.
Ge the screenshot plugin,PS1 emulator like eboots, some nice themes.
Never try to forcibly increase the audio output of PSP.It will do nothing except messing up your speakers.
Enjoy your purchase!

napster007

Padawan
hey guys i have a problem...2 actually...plz help me out...

1.) i bought the PSP yesterday and i wanted to put music in it. While trying to sync it with WMP this is wht happens : the WMP first makes the folder of the artist and then under it the folder of a album and then the songs. But the PSP only seems to detect the music files under one folder.(folder of the artist). Now i can always drag and drop...but sync'n thru the WMP is so much easier and plus i know its organised.

so is there a solution to it?

2.) I bought the PSP as a media player. I convert my movies thru PSP video9. Though it gives excellent vid quality output the size of my file is only decreased by a few MB's. i converted a 683 MB movie file and it was 600 after conversion......is this normal? Or should it be less??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
"Napster" : well

1.) I do not use PSP for music, jus for gaming purpose.. but afaik, u need not sync it with wmp, instead there are convertors available for putting music files onto psp like:
** a.)
First download whatever music you want to save to your PSP. You can use CD's, MP3's , or if you already have your music saved to your computer that's even better. If your music is already on your computer and it's in MP3 format you can skip this section and go down to the Window's Media Player section.

Open Windows Media Player and go to the 'Copy to CD or Device' option.
• Once there you can click on the down arrow at the top of the first column and choose what music files you want to copy. If you don't see the music you just donwloaded, go to File at the top of the page and click Ppen. You can find your music files in the music folder on the desktop.
• After choosing the music you want to copy. plug in your PSP through the USB connection. In the settings column on your PSP, go up to 'USB connection' and hit the X button. You will hear a ding sound to let you know your connected.
• This is where some cool stuff comes in. You choose the appropriate Memory Stick drive (ie, E for copying to the PSP from Media Player. Once your PSP comes up hit the plus symbol next to the words PSP. A menu will drop down with the choices of Game, Music, Photo or Saved Data.

Click the + next to Music to open it up. Highlight Music and near the top right corner of Media Player you will see a folder button between an I on a page and an X. If you hit that folder, a bubble will pop up asking you to name it. Give it any name you want. This will be your special folder for whatever music you want to put into it. I have 5 folders on mine. 2Pac, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, Citizen Cope, Audio Slave, and I almost forgot I just added a folder for Linkin Park. Click on the + next to the file you just created and hit the Copy button at the top of Media Player. This will copy all of chosen music to that specific folder. You can do this for how many ever folders you want.

hope this will help u... :) Maybe a different firmware that u are having can be an issue !!! Tarey_g, sunny(i guess) and myself are all on 3.90 m33

2.) I hv used PSP Video converter for encoding videos suitable for PSP playback and i guess the compression that u are getting 683 MB to 600 MB is preety good and normal.. :)
-------------

let others reply to this..
-------------

"Sunny" : well take ur time buddy, but haan yaad se pics post karna. . :D
u from Mumbai ?? is it ? well yes SOCOM titles for PSP are NOT available in many stores.. if u are from Mumbai, u can try Hypercity mall, Malad (next to Inorbit)
--------------

p!e

Broken In
Pic of the stand? and does it do anything else :D .
Btw , havent played a game since 2 days , just watching loads of movies :D .

Installed a awesome application which lets me play divx and other formats directly on PSP without needing to convert the video. The app has some limitations though, the video resolution must not be above 480x272, but resizing divx is way faster than converting it to PSP format so i find it useful. The FPS (imo) drops a little , bit it does not ruin the video. I watch diggnation and TRS and the smallest download for that show is of resolution less than 480x272, so the mess of converting them to PSP format for viewing is gone :D .

Hi all ,
Back after long time.
Tarey which player are u using on the psp??
i am currently using psplayer ,but haven't played any divx movies on it.Also wanted to know which converter is best for resizing resolution for divx movies.???
BTW played and completed star wars force unleashed.
Dloaded vallhallah knights 2 but haven't started playing.
also Mid Night club : LA remix will be released this week;).
the game looks promising.:p

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hey buddy, if u hv Valhall Nights 2, then plz play it and tell me how is it (the controls, graphics and gameplay) a lil' bit after u hv played, the same goes to tarey bhaiya too :D

as only after getting personal short reviews from u two, i will get that game for the PSP... plz guys itna favour kar do yaaron !!
----------------

got a new arcade game PIPE MANIA and also PES 2008 :D
----------------

Cheers n e-peace..

p!e

Broken In
hi ashu888
I just had a look on the vallhala knights 2 .
It's RPG one like that of Final Fantasy crisis core.But i did not found this as intresting as FF7 crisis core.
Graphics are average, There are some cutscenes too. It goes like "TRUST THE GODS NO MORE......................blah blah......... ".
There are about 7 characters from which u have to choose one for playing the game.
There are lengthy conversations that u can't skip which i found the most boring part.
All i can say is that it's kind of Average game. But tht's too early to say .i'll post more as i play the game.

Game Spot Score --- 6.5(critics)/10
---- 8.5(user)/10

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hey thans for this dude, yup plz post sum more as u play it further..

(i knw u wud be posting) gamespot scores ..lol...so tat s y i had no issues on the scores but jus wated user made reviews..

yup me too hv FF VII CC, but not played much./.. :( jus one single level.. its all about tat sword moving kinda ninja guy in that isint it ?)

actually i wanted to play sum Diablo kida RPG games onto the PSP so was surfing the gamespot site and found a cpl of them like Valhalla, Dungeon Explorer and Dungeon Siege... (dont knw wich one shud i get..) :(

: offtopic: hey I hope u got my PM.. and u read it too abt wat needs to be done here !! :D

Last edited:

troika

Right off the assembly line
@ tarey:

so u mean u already purchased tat freaking MSPD ??? dont tell me ! :O:O
Arey no, I want to buy that one. But first let me take care of this existing Sandisk MSPD.

I could not post the reply here because some ***** banned me :rolleyes:. I will post when my ID starts working again, till than no posts from my side.

-tarey_g

@p!e - I am on psplayer 2.0 . i resize videos through virtual dub

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
"Napster" : well

1.) I do not use PSP for music, jus for gaming purpose.. but afaik, u need not sync it with wmp, instead there are convertors available for putting music files onto psp like:
** a.)

hope this will help u... :) Maybe a different firmware that u are having can be an issue !!! Tarey_g, sunny(i guess) and myself are all on 3.90 m33

2.) I hv used PSP Video converter for encoding videos suitable for PSP playback and i guess the compression that u are getting 683 MB to 600 MB is preety good and normal.. :)
-------------

let others reply to this..
-------------

"Sunny" : well take ur time buddy, but haan yaad se pics post karna. . :D
u from Mumbai ?? is it ? well yes SOCOM titles for PSP are NOT available in many stores.. if u are from Mumbai, u can try Hypercity mall, Malad (next to Inorbit)
--------------
me too on 3.90 m33-3.
1. psp can only detect folders in the MUSIC folder. files inside subfolders cannot be used.
2. while converting movies i get around 300-500mb from a 700mb file.

napster007

Padawan
guys i have a question which i'm asking out of curiosity. I live in delhi just behind the taj palace hotel and its Wifi signal rox at my place!

Now most prob they are protected! even though my PSP does not detect a security. Is thr a way to crack into the wifi using my PSP and some home brew apps??

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I am back from my original ID, started playing God of War . The best looking PSP game till date.

Burnout revenge is mind-blowing!Great road action.
@Ashu ,I live in New Delhi,kabhi user profile toh padh liya kar.
As for the pics,my WiFi is badly furked up.Will surely post tomorrow.Right now I'm posting from my iPhone.EDGE sux!

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i found burnout dominator better than burnout revenge. at my place i have free wifi of my neighbour :D

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
me too on 3.90 m33-3.
1. psp can only detect folders in the MUSIC folder. files inside subfolders cannot be used.
2. while converting movies i get around 300-500mb from a 700mb file.

1.) Agree to that.
2.) Which encoder are u using for the PSP yaar, plz tell me too..

guys i have a question which i'm asking out of curiosity. I live in delhi just behind the taj palace hotel and its Wifi signal rox at my place!

Now most prob they are protected! even though my PSP does not detect a security. Is thr a way to crack into the wifi using my PSP and some home brew apps??

Hey hey hey !!, now we are really talking sum REAL LIFE James Bond Stuff.. :D

But, on a serious note, I think ur access to the TAj's WI FI will be termed as TRESPASSING as u are illegally using their net (if u get caught)

Burnout revenge is mind-blowing!Great road action.
@Ashu ,I live in New Delhi,kabhi user profile toh padh liya kar.
As for the pics,my WiFi is badly furked up.Will surely post tomorrow.Right now I'm posting from my iPhone.EDGE sux!

sorry yaar, profile nahi padha tha maine..lol. :D

U got an iPhone ?? wow man, plz uska pics bhi post karna :D

try burnout Dominator also (if u hv not tried it).. its really good..

i found burnout dominator better than burnout revenge. at my place i have free wifi of my neighbour :D
Well, yaa agree to this yaar...(the game) btw, i hv won many cars in BURNOUT REVENGE's race mode, where are those cars kept ingame and how can i use it in single player mode??
-----------

Cheers n e-peace...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

oh, ok thanx for that, wil ltry it out..
-================
btw can SUBTITLES be played along with the movie on PSP ?? i really want such a type of plugin or a converter.. plz can u guys help me ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom