PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Guys i'm new to psp so would like to ask some questions.
1.are psp graphics better than ps2
2.will i get new games for psp in future.
3.can i connect a psp to my tv or computer to use another display.
4.wat does psp modding costs.
5.wat media are available for games for psp.
That would be more than enough...... Will appraicte detailed replies

shri

Always Fresh!
1. Don't know. Never seen a PS2 in action.

2. There are many games scheduled to be released in 2009. Check this out==> *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Portable_games

3.You can connect the PSP to your TV using AV cable (Sony and Chinese brands available). You can also connect it to your PC using some plugins like Remote_Joy and PSPdisp using a USB cable.

4.Modding mainly involves installing a custom firmware (CFW) using a pandora battery. There are people who will do this for about 200-500 bucks depending on the city and area you are in.

5. Games are released on the UMD disks that cost about 1499 to 2250 (Available at no cost at you-know-where). Sony is planning to distribute newer games via playstation store i.e via internet downloads.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Scratch guard for 150/- a 200/- wala was also available, but i didn't notice any difference so bought the 150/- one.

Hori Screen Protector
*i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/eddie84/collection/DSC00279.jpg

Hey so that HORI one has Plactic protection for the analog stick and the XO buttons as well ?? i mean does it covers the PSP AROUND those parts as well apart from the PSP screen ??? plz reply,,

1.) Well, a PSP is for a handleld gaming and entertainment stuff and a PS2 is for a big screen like a tv kind of stuff, so cant be compared, but yes PS2 on a big tv (25") looks really good.

if u are asking wether the PSP (wen connected to a TV) and also a PS2 (connected to a tv), how they fare ?? then well, ps2 will win hands down for sure.. in terms of graphics :)

2.) Yes, games will be available for the PSP in future, ofcourse (nahi toh humaara kya hoga. we the PSP owners) ..lol..

3.) U can connect the PSP to a TV using the AV cable available in the market for Rs. 600-Rs.1000/- (see the screenshot in my prev. post) :)

4.) TO get a PSP modded, will cost u around Rs.500/- (+/- Rs.100)

5.) PSP games are in .ISO mode (those available on umds) but .cso type of game extensions also work gr8 on the PSP, also ps1 games run on PSP (modded one)
----------------

Cheers n e-peace...

^^
It's crap.
Hey,sorry but can't post pics.NO flash in iPhone.
BTW here is my mobileme gallery *gallery.me.com/sunnychahal93/
One pic is there.If you are happy with the waulity then I'll post more.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
{NOTE :- This is a copy-paste post from this thread on the request of ashu888ashu888}

I have PSP Phat 3.71M33-4 ...... Hard Cover.... Screen Protector.... 2GB+4GB (SanDisk) MS...EP-630.....2 UMDs (PoP:Revelations and Burnout Legends). I must say the gadget is great. I also have 14-15GB of ISOs .

Anyways, currently the price of PSP Slim is Rs.8300 and some basic acc. costs :-

1. Screen Protector -> depends on shops, generally between 500-700...
2. Hard Plastic Cover -> Between 800-1k
3. Earphones with Remote -> I think they cost around 1.2-1.5k
4. Logitech Stealth (special PSP earphones but works with other stuff too) -> 1.4k
5. Creative EP-630 (Earphones.... works with any gadget with a 3.5mm jack) -> Rs.750
6. SanDisk 4GB Memory Stick -> Rs.1900
7. KingSton 4GB Memory Stick -> Rs.1850
8. Sony 2GB MS -> Rs.1100
9. Dock like stand (for support during watching movies, etc) -> Rs.900-1.2k
10. Carry Pouch -> it depends...... ranges from Rs.500-1.5k

Lastly, the UMDs. Today, most UMDs cost between Rs.999 to 1.5k. Some are even high at 1.9k and some are as low as Rs.699. The more popular the game, the costlier. New launches are also costly so wait for a month and there are high chances of a price drop.......if u buy original that is . Movie UMDs are EOL (End of Life) and no more new launches are there for movies on UMDs.

I highly suggest you get your PSP modded (usually costs Rs.800 to 1.2k) rather than doing it urself coz there is a high chance of bricking it.

I also suggest you dont wait for the new PSP Slim (PSP-4000 or sumthing like dat) coz there are rumors that it cant be hacked (atleast not yet ).

If you are buying right now .....I suggest you get it modded to 3.90 M33..... its the most stable CFW (Custom FirmWare).

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
Well yes, i agree..

but the PS2 graphics are not bad either, except for sum games like the Burnout 3 Takedown (PS2) where the graphics look like GRAINs DISTORTION, but sum other games like BLACK and NFS MW (PS2) they are smooth as silk..on my 25" Sony Flat CRT :)

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
GT4 has best graphics on PS2 i even wonder sometimes why other developers cannot utilize full potential of PS2 , it is happning with PS3 also you will know in few years when Xbox720 Will compete with PS3.

PSP3000 and DSi will be Better

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
hey guys plz help me out quickly.
i'm thinking of getting a psp slim within an hour.all i need to know is:
1>how good is the sound quality?is it better than ROKR E8? (hav ep630 and Philips Noise cacelling ear plugs)
2>is the latest psp moddable?afaik it is.
3>is gaming ejoyable?
4>on a whole is it worh it?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hey so that HORI one has Plactic protection for the analog stick and the XO buttons as well ?? i mean does it covers the PSP AROUND those parts as well apart from the PSP screen ??? plz reply,,

It's a screen protector so its just for PSP's lcd screen. Plastic foil that sticks on the PSP screen.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hey guys plz help me out quickly.
i'm thinking of getting a psp slim within an hour.all i need to know is:
1>how good is the sound quality?is it better than ROKR E8? (hav ep630 and Philips Noise cacelling ear plugs)
2>is the latest psp moddable?afaik it is.
3>is gaming ejoyable?
4>on a whole is it worh it?

1. I find it great, never used Rokr E8. Highest volume level of PSP is low compared to other devices, not for ppl who like to create mayhem in their ears.

2. Latest = PSP 3000 = Not moddable
3. Depends on you, so far i have enjoyed all the games that I've played.
4. How can I say, I don't find iPhone worth but others do, same goes for every gadget.

Hope this helps.

btw, Complted God of War : COO ,awesome game and the best graphics that i have seen in a PSP game. 11/10 :D

@ashu, about the screenshot problem you were having few days ago, i think it depends on the game. I was facing the same problem in GOD of war, my PSP hanged on every attempt when taking screenshot. i Have other plugin named crossext which also takes screenshots, and it worked for God of War.

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
battlezone, worms 2,full auto battlelines 2, avatar -the last airbender added

Last edited:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Updated to 4.01 M33-2
Purchased New Dock/Charger for PSP
*img224.imageshack.us/img224/7272/photo007bla8.th.jpg*img224.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif
*img528.imageshack.us/img528/4153/photo0076ck2.th.jpg*img528.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif
*img528.imageshack.us/img528/9725/photo00780zj4.th.jpg*img528.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom