PS3 Review By naveen_reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne_sa2003

Right off the assembly line
i want to buy ps3,i dont know how i get 5.1 surround soundfrom it?
i searched everywhere but all i have come to know that i can get through optical or hdmi out,

i already own home theatre and that supports analouge(left,rght,cntre,sub,sl,sr)
can anyone tell me what should i do?
i can spend maximum 5 to 10000
pls help
i would be thankful
wayne_sa2003@yahoo.com

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
get a a/v reciever.. will serve more purpose and will fit into ur bill alsoooo
naveen bhai good quality receivers(yamaha,denon) cost atleast 25k .

@wayne , Just get a Creative Decoder(~7k) , connect PS3 or Xbox optical cable to it n then connect audio-out(RCA cables) of it to your existing theatre setup .

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I own a Dell E248WFP 24" LCD Monitor which has a DVI-D and VGA Connector.
Can I connect the PS2 to my LCD Monitor and get the same effects ?
I know for sure that True HD is not possible as HDMI Connector as well as HDMI is required for that.But I have an archive of HD Rips @ 720p and 1080p.

I was actually looking to upgrade my PC to a Quad Proc, ASUS Board,
3 GB DDR 2 RAM and with a good graphic card.
My current PC config is P IV 3.2 Ghz HT, 1 GB DDR 400 RAM and XFX 6200 nVIDIA Graphic Card.

I completely agree with you with respect to playback of 1080p Videos.
I am not able to play any 1080p movies I have downloaded till now which have a resolution of 1920*1040 or 1920*816.
I am able to play videos encoded in 1920*800 resolution

If PS 3 is able to play HD Videos without issues then I think I will go for PS 3 rather than 30 K PC Upgrade which will not play games in about a year pointing out certain reasons.

Finally, awesome review. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I own a Dell E248WFP 24" LCD Monitor which has a DVI-D and VGA Connector.
Can I connect the PS2 to my LCD Monitor and get the same effects ?
I know for sure that True HD is not possible as HDMI Connector as well as HDMI is required for that.But I have an archive of HD Rips @ 720p and 1080p.

I was actually looking to upgrade my PC to a Quad Proc, ASUS Board,
3 GB DDR 2 RAM and with a good graphic card.
My current PC config is P IV 3.2 Ghz HT, 1 GB DDR 400 RAM and XFX 6200 nVIDIA Graphic Card.

I completely agree with you with respect to playback of 1080p Videos.
I am not able to play any 1080p movies I have downloaded till now which have a resolution of 1920*1040 or 1920*816.
I am able to play videos encoded in 1920*800 resolution

If PS 3 is able to play HD Videos without issues then I think I will go for PS 3 rather than 30 K PC Upgrade which will not play games in about a year pointing out certain reasons.

Finally, awesome review. Keep up the good work.

thnks dude...

ps3 just deals those high definition as some small video file..

better buy ps3 instead of investing in pc...

Nah , you can get Full HD content over Component Cables too or Dual DVI if monitor has that .

+1

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Thanks for the opinion dude, but there seems to be a small problem now in me buying PS3. I have been given the task of evaluating both Microsoft
SCCM 2K7 and SCOM 2K7 within the next 3 months. I don't think my current computer has got the capacity to support 5 VMs in VMWare Workstation.
So I have to go for a PC sadly even though I want a Gaming Console:mad:
Also what makes me bewildered is the cost of games for PS3.
I was literally amazed that games costed somewhere between Rs.1500-2000
This is also making me think twice before going for the PS3

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
its ok then... upgrade ur pc .. finish the job and get ps3 later...

but do rememebr .. now HDDVD out of topic.. there if offlately a sheer price increase in bluray playters....and we are not sure whether there may be price increase in future...
ps3 now retails @ 25k....
keep that in mind...

here is a interesting article on why ps3 still isnt hacked....

*hack5.blogspot.com/2008/03/exclsuive-why-ps3-still-isnt-hacked.html

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@linux
Yes you can connect...
Either you can buy a decoder or get a covertor ....
Refer prev postS...

@tectronic

Thanks...:)

jasku

In the zone
hey dude, great review..I was also planning on buying a gaming console, but confused btw the xbox360 and ps3, have posted a thread-*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85061

But I would be interested in the 80GB version, and also how much did your HDMI cable cost?...the current TV i have supports only 1080i, is urs full HD?

My only consideration of the xbox is the mods out there, and the games are more reasonably priced.

Hows the heating and stuff, any issues thus far?...overheating? how long have u continously played on ur console?

Pls let us know. Thanks!

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hey dude, great review..I was also planning on buying a gaming console, but confused btw the xbox360 and ps3, have posted a thread-*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85061

thnks,
posted my reply...there
PS3 is the best ....

But I would be interested in the 80GB version, and also how much did your HDMI cable cost?...the current TV i have supports only 1080i, is urs full HD?

wait and get the metal gear solid 4 version of 80 GB...

HDMI costs nealry 500-600k with discount in sony world.. or else its nearly 1200 Rs( now it may have reduced .. check ur local dealer or sony world and get from genuine dealers like sony world or something like that...)
no my Tv is not FULL HD !

My only consideration of the xbox is the mods out there, and the games are more reasonably priced.

dont worry... things are really getting active in world of ps3 scene... stay glued mod may hit ps3 very soon...

Hows the heating and stuff, any issues thus far?...overheating? how long have u continously played on ur console?

Nothing !!!!
No problem at all... not even a glich...... i have been playing foir nearly 5 hours and contuinued by another 4-5 hrs of movie... so nothing is there to worry.. go ahead and buy PS3... and dont forget to update the consiole to firmware 2.20

hope it helped u .. if u anym ore Q`s ..dont hesitate

jasku

In the zone
thnks,
posted my reply...there
PS3 is the best ....

wait and get the metal gear solid 4 version of 80 GB...

HDMI costs nealry 500-600k with discount in sony world.. or else its nearly 1200 Rs( now it may have reduced .. check ur local dealer or sony world and get from genuine dealers like sony world or something like that...)
no my Tv is not FULL HD !

dont worry... things are really getting active in world of ps3 scene... stay glued mod may hit ps3 very soon...

Nothing !!!!
No problem at all... not even a glich...... i have been playing foir nearly 5 hours and contuinued by another 4-5 hrs of movie... so nothing is there to worry.. go ahead and buy PS3... and dont forget to update the consiole to firmware 2.20

hope it helped u .. if u anym ore Q`s ..dont hesitate

thanks dude...how do u update the firmware?..dload it using wifi and then flash or something?

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
*www.us.playstation.com/PS3/about/systemupdate

all details are given here....

easy....

i have done so far two updates.. from 1.01 to now 2.20

nextwill be 2.30

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
no ... i need a usb keyboard and mouse... so.. will try it when i get one ..

planing to get metal gear solid 4 game as soon as i t hits the stores... and also dual shock controller...

jasku

In the zone
no ... i need a usb keyboard and mouse... so.. will try it when i get one ..

planing to get metal gear solid 4 game as soon as i t hits the stores... and also dual shock controller...

dont u alrady get the controller wit the game?,,,or is that the six axis ?..wats the diff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom