PS3 Review By naveen_reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@ Head banger..

i wrote it in two parts.. shifted them to office one note to correct my spelling mistake.. and took me nearly 2-2 1/2 hours.. and some website reference and links...but u guys reply .. makes those time spent as nothing...

@ rahul.. got it for 25k dude.. 40 gb

upendra_gp

In the zone
where did you get that 1080P transformers sample? tell me some sites that have ps3 compatible trailers if u know any. i got 300 1080p wmv hd trailer.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks mate.....^^^^

and for others ..here is acreenshot of the video playback and variuos details...
*img222.imageshack.us/img222/1733/dsc01728ra2.jpg

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
my 5.1 is currently not working / adapter problem.. but since the audio out put is optical or AV ... i ahd to find a suitable converter to use 5.1 effectively...
until then .. tv inbuilt only...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
my 5.1 is currently not working / adapter problem.. but since the audio out put is optical or AV ... i ahd to find a suitable converter to use 5.1 effectively...
until then .. tv inbuilt only...
There's no Optical to RCA Converter available .

You'll have to use an a Decoder with an Optical Audio input and then connect it's output to your receiver(or amplifier's) input .

Creative has a Decoder available for approximately 100$ .

BTW: I used the same file to test 1080p Video Playback on my 360 ;)

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
is it good.. creative decoder... are u taliking about AV reciever ???
if so.. which is the best ??/ and can u say more about it ???

thnks u for pointing out

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
is it good.. creative decoder... are u taliking about AV reciever ???
if so.. which is the best ??/ and can u say more about it ???

thnks u for pointing out
Well if your AV Receiver(for speakers or both) has an optical input port then connect optical out of your ps3 to optical input and enjoy 5.1 .

If you AV Reciever does not have Optical input port then you'll have to the Creative Decoder(coz it's the only one available in indian market) .

The creative decoder has optical input , so connect the optical out of your PS3 to Decoder optical input , then connect RCA out(6 wires) from decoder output to AV Receiver input .

BTW: Burnout Paradise for Xbox 360 costs 1999 :p

@naveen ,

mate did you get a Media Remote with your PS3 ?

MS bundles a Media remote with the 360 Premium , much better to watch movies using a remote rather than the controller .

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks for that info..

i dont have any AV reciever .. plaaning to buy it .. say within 5 months...
how much good one cost.. which is asy future compatible if ther eis any...

and also my 5.1 came with only three pins .. just as to connect to a pc... black,yellow,green... will that be compatible with AV reciever .. ???

burnout paradise for ps3 costed 2.5k... :-( .. hope the price reduce or some MOD Chip hits black market... i just cant spend 2.5 k for each title.. next game most propable would be crysis ( if they release it , which they said they would) or else i would go for metal gear solid or some other action game..

no media remote came alogng.... sony is really a A$$hole when it comes to giving things away... only one sixasis and no HDMI cable and no other acesories and NO FREE GAME... :-(
any way they do sell bluetooth Bluray remote... ( dont know about the cost)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
There's no need to buy an AV Receiver coz it seems ur 5.1 Speakers are powered ones(that means amplifier is integrated into them) .

Now all you have to do is get the Creative DDTS-100 Decoder n it will connect directly to your speakers(3 x 1.4" TRC Connector) or to your amplifier( 6 x RCA Connectors) .
My Receiver has an optical Input though so i just directly connect the optical cable to the Receiver .

About the Pricing , yeah PS3 games cost a hell lot more than even Xbox 360 games . N i think official price here in india is Rs 2799 compared to The Rs 1899 or 1299 For new Xbox 360 Releases and Rs 999 for Xbox 360 Clasiics .

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Nice review there but you seemed to have skipped on a couple of things.

1. SACD does have some meaning. You can find more about it here.

2. SIXAXIS doesn't have rumble. If you need rumble, then you will require DualShock 3 (DS3) which you will have to buy separately. The picture you have posted is of DS3 though the standard SIXAXIS controller looks exactly the same.

3. The other versions of PS3 i.e. 60Gb and 80Gb support ORIGINAL PS2 games because they have the dedicated Emotion engine chip in it which was in the original PS2. I think software emulation for PS2 games were planned for PS3 40Gb version but I am not sure.

4. And finally, it's the cheapest Blu-Ray player out there. So if the audio-video junkies are looking for a good Blu-ray player, this is the way to go.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Woah Woah Woah! Did I just see an HD sample running on the PS3? Wait is the extension .mkv or something else? How in the hell was it able to play .mkv extension? or is it standard .avi format?

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Woah Woah Woah! Did I just see an HD sample running on the PS3? Wait is the extension .mkv or something else? How in the hell was it able to play .mkv extension? or is it standard .avi format?
The pic's not showing the Extension .

Anyways most HD 'download' movies are either in VC1(which can be storied in AVI / WMV containers) or H.264(which can be stores in Ogg / Matroska / MPEG-4 containers).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Yeah I know but I wondered if it could run .mkv and the other compression based extensions which are gaining more popularity over .avi compressions.If it did then it would be a treat to buy it.I have a lot of HD content on my DVD's with the .mkv extension & hence wanted to know if it could play it.:)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
^Yeah I know but I wondered if it could run .mkv and the other compression based extensions which are gaining more popularity over .avi compressions.If it did then it would be a treat to buy it.I have a lot of HD content on my DVD's with the .mkv extension & hence wanted to know if it could play it.:)
MKV is just a Container format . The actual content stored in it can be anything .

Here: A Tutorial i wrote on Demuxing an MKV and then Muxing the extracted content into an MP4 file so that it can be Played on Xbox 360 / PS3 .

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76199

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
There's no need to buy an AV Receiver coz it seems ur 5.1 Speakers are powered ones(that means amplifier is integrated into them) .

Now all you have to do is get the Creative DDTS-100 Decoder n it will connect directly to your speakers(3 x 1.4" TRC Connector) or to your amplifier( 6 x RCA Connectors) .
My Receiver has an optical Input though so i just directly connect the optical cable to the Receiver .

About the Pricing , yeah PS3 games cost a hell lot more than even Xbox 360 games . N i think official price here in india is Rs 2799 compared to The Rs 1899 or 1299 For new Xbox 360 Releases and Rs 999 for Xbox 360 Clasiics .

thnks again...how much will that creative decoder will cost... and can u point out whts the diff between decoder and seperate AV reciever???
thnks again ...

Nice review there but you seemed to have skipped on a couple of things.

1. SACD does have some meaning. You can find more about it here.

2. SIXAXIS doesn't have rumble. If you need rumble, then you will require DualShock 3 (DS3) which you will have to buy separately. The picture you have posted is of DS3 though the standard SIXAXIS controller looks exactly the same.

3. The other versions of PS3 i.e. 60Gb and 80Gb support ORIGINAL PS2 games because they have the dedicated Emotion engine chip in it which was in the original PS2. I think software emulation for PS2 games were planned for PS3 40Gb version but I am not sure.

4. And finally, it's the cheapest Blu-Ray player out there. So if the audio-video junkies are looking for a good Blu-ray player, this is the way to go.

thnks for pointing out..
1.)sorry but i dont think many knows about it .. or say nobody use it .. or say not popular in india... correct me if am wrong.. but i havent seems them..

2.) yes 2nd point is true... and sorry for th pic.. i cant find a good one .. i just want to show a better pic to posted it...

3.) true.. i was about to add it.. thnks anyway..

4.) cheap and better bluray player....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom