ps3 or a cpu for 35000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
How do I find out if its SineWave or not :confused:
Also while I was looking for the GPU online I stumbled across this card, tell me how much do you think is it gonna cost after the new 280 and 260 from Nvidia hit the shores. I was opting for this as it supports PCIe 1.1 as my PCIe x16 slot is 1.1. The card is XFX GF 8800GS(T88S384DF4-Alpha Dog) priced at 8,235/- at IT Depot. If I buy this card along with the PSu then my complete upgrade is gonna take a backseat so wanna know if its gonna do the job for future games like Alan Wake etc. :confused:

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
PlanetM idoit in my town is now saying that it will cost 30k to get a gta bunlde. What to do now? He said me that it will cost 27.5k when i am placing the order. But now he is saying that it will cost 30K. what to do?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
PlanetM idoit in my town is now saying that it will cost 30k to get a gta bunlde. What to do now? He said me that it will cost 27.5k when i am placing the order. But now he is saying that it will cost 30K. what to do?
Woah! That's really overpricing the package.Don't you have Croma showrooms out there?

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid

I say place call to sony customer care......

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
How do I find out if its SineWave or not :confused:
Also while I was looking for the GPU online I stumbled across this card, tell me how much do you think is it gonna cost after the new 280 and 260 from Nvidia hit the shores. I was opting for this as it supports PCIe 1.1 as my PCIe x16 slot is 1.1. The card is XFX GF 8800GS(T88S384DF4-Alpha Dog) priced at 8,235/- at IT Depot. If I buy this card along with the PSu then my complete upgrade is gonna take a backseat so wanna know if its gonna do the job for future games like Alan Wake etc. :confused:
Please give some thoughts to this too...:(

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
OK. I have decided to go and purchase ps3 in hyd. So, what is the best place to buy in hyd. Also, please notify me about some athoer bundles. Does stand alone ps3 comes with any game installed or bundled?

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Simple PS3 comes with just the basic stuff, one controller, some wires and stuff. Bundled one has a game with it but you pay extra as for the game coming with it but it is less as compared to actual game cost.

arcticflare

Journeyman
Not really sure about the best place in hyd, but you can check out TMC,Sony World(besides CM residence), Hyderabad Central, CityCentre. All these are spaced around 3 minutes drive from one another respectively and maybe you can spend a couple of hours and get to find out the best deal.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Any Suggestions for Delhi? Its nearest to me second after Chandigarh but I really doubt the availability and pricing in Chandigarh. Nish any recommendations?

I also want to know that like we had NTSC/PAL incompatibility issues in PS2 and its DVDs, does the same problem persists in the case of PS3 and its Blu-Rays too? Can a PAL PS3 play NTSC Bly-Rays, can a PS3 bought in India play Blu-Ray game bought in Australia or US? Somebody switch ON the Defogger...;)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^PS3 games are region free however the Blu-Ray movies are not.So no matter where you buy the game it would be compatible in your console.:D

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
hey man see a ps3 has a 3core cell engine the games which support or take the use of all the 3 engines are yet to come and secondly the ps3 currently dose not have TOP CHART BUSTER game titles so if you want to play some game not available on ps3 youll be crying... :sad: [S@D] but the plus points of a ps3 are that if you have a hdtv at your home and have no problem playing rubbish or gibberish game titles excepy GTA 4 :p then ps3 is the way to go but if you have a problem with that then a 35k budget is OK for a budget gaming pc wel ull run crysis and al upcoming games at around 1280X1024 MAY be nothing more than that.......... ill suggest a decent config for 35k:
1.intel c2d e6300
2.nvidia 680i mobo
3.2X1 gb ram @ 800 mhz transcend/kingston/corsair
4.Nvidia xfx 8800gt alpha dog edition gfx card.... [OVEN]
5.cooler master pc case
6.500w/600w[if ocing] antec psu
7.250 gb hdd
8.dell 19" monitor
9.lite on dvd drive
10.microsoft mouse and keyboard
11.Windows xpw/sp3

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Ahem! Care to tell me where you can find an E6300 processor? Intel stopped it's production of that series long back.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
hey man see a ps3 has a 3core cell engine the games which support or take the use of all the 3 engines are yet to come and secondly the ps3 currently dose not have TOP CHART BUSTER game titles so if you want to play some game not available on ps3 youll be crying... :sad: [S@D] but the plus points of a ps3 are that if you have a hdtv at your home and have no problem playing rubbish or gibberish game titles excepy GTA 4 :p then ps3 is the way to go but if you have a problem with that then a 35k budget is OK for a budget gaming pc wel ull run crysis and al upcoming games at around 1280X1024 MAY be nothing more than that.......... ill suggest a decent config for 35k:
1.intel c2d e6300
2.nvidia 680i mobo
5.cooler master pc case
7.250 gb hdd
8.dell 19" monitor
9.lite on dvd drive
11.Windows xpw/sp3
OMFG Guys looks like we need to re-educate someone...Where's Jubair with his books??:D
A "Tri Core Cell Processor" OMFG did PS3 raped XBOX360 and gave birth to PS360???:eek:
Games on PS3 rubbish??? Have you even heard these 4 words "MGS4"???:eek:
If PS3 games are rubbish then do you consider Viva Piniata and Banjo Kazooi SuperCool games for serious fun??:eek:
Please read b4 posting, guy has already decided to buy PS3 just looking for a good place to buy from. E6300,680i,8800GT, hey are you a old $h1t pawning guy trying to mislead guys around here. We all know E6300 is out of the scene like squished bug, 680i Oh pleeaasee, 750i a minimum, don't kill guy's future prospects of upgrading & 8800GT, that too at the time when in less than a week new 280&260 are going to hit the shore and compete with 4870&4850 thus leading to further price drop...
Bro please scrutinize in detail b4 posting, thats a humble request.:)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
1.intel c2d e6300
2.nvidia 680i mobo
5.cooler master pc case
7.250 gb hdd
8.dell 19" monitor
9.lite on dvd drive
11.Windows xpw/sp3

Please seek some help....PLEASE......

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Here is my simple list of items which i am going to buy in hyd next saturday

1) ps3 40gb GTA BUNDLE,
2) ps3 to DVI(hope i can find this:confused:)
3)mgs4
4)heavenly sword or assasins creed
5)bunout paradise city or GT5 prologue or NFS prostreet
6)DMC 4 or ninjagaiden sigma
7)Tekken 5 DR or virtua fighter 5

please suggest me good games in the above list and if i want to remove something or add something please suggest me. Hope i can get full worth of my money with your suggessions.

1.intel c2d e6300
2.nvidia 680i mobo
5.cooler master pc case
7.250 gb hdd
8.dell 19" monitor
9.lite on dvd drive
11.Windows xpw/sp3

I'm sorry brother i've taken my decession. But i am very thankful to you that you that you have suggested me :smile:.

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Here is my simple list of items which i am going to buy in hyd next saturday

1) ps3 40gb GTA BUNDLE,
2) ps3 to DVI(hope i can find this:confused:)
3)mgs4
4)heavenly sword or assasins creed
5)bunout paradise city or GT5 prologue or NFS prostreet
6)DMC 4 or ninjagaiden sigma
7)Tekken 5 DR or virtua fighter 5

please suggest me good games in the above list and if i want to remove something or add something please suggest me. Hope i can get full worth of my money with your suggessions.
I'm sorry brother i've taken my decession. But i am very thankful to you that you that you have suggested me :smile:.
Lets see what we can do here:

1. GTA4 + PS3 40Gb Bundle....Approved
  2. Its HDMI to DVI converter so you will be able to get one from a proper IT market.
  3. MGS4....Great choice but you'll be charged anywhere between 3 to 4.5K for it as it isn't officially available here. :mad:
  4. Assassin's Creed, finished it on PC yesterday and gotta say that the game has stormed into my top 3 best games ever played listing.
  5. For sheer fun go for Burnout, for Graphics go for Gran Turismo. NFS-Pro Street, the less said about it is better, game just $uck$ baboon's @rse.
  6. DMC4...Dante's legacy continued :D
  7. Neither, instead go for Uncharted:Drake's Fortune.
Hope it answers all of ur queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom