Programme responds lately in XP

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Hi

Recently I gave my 4 year old acer laptop to service center for servicing. after that i am facing a problem like after booting some programs taking a long time to open. If i opens firefox, sometimes it takes 5-10mins to open. during that many programs responds similarly. And after some minutes all of a sudden all programs opens one by one.

I have windows xp, 1gb ram, 15gb free out of 40gb in C.

what could be the problem ???

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Use Clceaner and Clean your System.
The install a good Antivirus like Avast and do full system Scan for Virus.If that proves too time consuming then you can use MALWARE BYTES and do quick system scan and cleanup.

Minion

Conversation Architect
gurujee,

I think you are using firefox 3.x upgrade to firefox 4 faster startup.which antivirus do you have?

Sujeet

Undead!!!
gurujee,

I think you are using firefox 3.x upgrade to firefox 4 faster startup.which antivirus do you have?
Why Not Firefox 11??
@OP move to Opera.!Its more Memory Efficient and will definitely help you since you 1GB of RAM only.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Is it a problem with firefox only? Did you tried reinstalling?
yes i have reinstalled windows and programs after recieving laptop from service center.

this problems occurs occasionally like 5 out of 10 times. and when it occurs, in my observation, all programs behave same way except opening my computer or control panel...

gurujee,

Why Not Firefox 11??
@OP move to Opera.!Its more Memory Efficient and will definitely help you since you 1GB of RAM only.

i have avg internet suite and firefox 11.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
yes i have reinstalled windows and programs after recieving laptop from service center.

this problems occurs occasionally like 5 out of 10 times. and when it occurs, in my observation, all programs behave same way except opening my computer or control panel...

i have avg internet suite and firefox 11.

I would recommend you to install Avast AV in place of AVG.
Much better Performer.

If you want to go paid get Pro Version of Avast.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Why Not Firefox 11??

firefox 4 is much faster than firefox 11.and for antivirus go with ad-aware 10 very very light on resources.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
The problem still persists.. :(

Tomorrow i will buy Avast and see if it is for antivirus....

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Open up task manager ans see if any program is consuming excessive memory or CPU.

Check this when you are facing the issue of slow starts.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ gurujee - scan your HDD for bad sectors - if it's a seagate drive use seatools dos version.

Vignesh B

Youngling
More than a malware isssue, I think its hardware related.
As stated earlier check your hard disk for errors. Also run a memory test.
Though am not ruling out any malware attack.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Disable startup programs that are unwanted using CCleaner
Clean up temp files using CCleaner
Do a registry cleanup

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
@ gurujee - scan your HDD for bad sectors - if it's a seagate drive use seatools dos version.

ok..i have western digital.

More than a malware isssue, I think its hardware related.
As stated earlier check your hard disk for errors. Also run a memory test.
Though am not ruling out any malware attack.

i dont know , but is it not for ram or something...

Disable startup programs that are unwanted using CCleaner
Clean up temp files using CCleaner
Do a registry cleanup
i have done that already , but not solved. :(

Top Bottom