Preview + Feedback [June 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
The Price Hike only for News Stand Buyers not for Online Buyers.
And unfortunately I'm a news stand buyer......:(

DigitCritic

Broken In
Dont Worry Guys ! This is not going to continue for long... if it does DIGIT will definitely loose market share to other magazines... especially like chip or computer active...
Digit has become one of the most expensive computer & IT magazine over last 2 years.. if they continue... I am afraid alot of youngsters especially college and school students and even some young working guys will stop buying it... moreover they may loose other household readers who are interested in gadgets and buy it from time to time.

This is just another strategy to get more subscribers... Moreover there is nothing to complain about.
If you want to buy cheap , buy in bulk or in case of magazine subscribe.This is fair and square.
In this case Digit is also giving you an option to buy magazine from its website... without subscribing for year or more which is good. You are not bound to anything... just like newstand buyer.

As long as the magazine does not discriminate its readers in respect to giving,sharing information and knowledge... it is valid. This is pure marketing strategy guys... what are we expecting digit to be ??? A non-profit organization ???? Should we expect that ? Hell No !
so let us keep our perspective right and priorities right.If you think it is expensive to buy from newstand it is your call to buy or not, you can buy from digit directly or subscirbe.
If you wish to subscribe then along subscription comes some constraints. Again choice is yours.

We as readers have the right to say about the content and policies of digit as far as information,knowledge and intellectual stuff is concerned... but pricing and all , well that is not our right to decide... it is upto the management of digit to take a call.

toofan

Technomancer
Now how this is there 9th anniversary Issue? If they would be celebrating then it means that they will supply more content in same price but here they are demanding more for more. I think they should stop calling this a anniversary issue. As this is just another commercial issue.

So Buy digit only if you really like the material. I am going to buy this just because it seems a good commercial jumbo issue. And also I require some updated software to try and use.

aliquis

Right off the assembly line
Price hike is a real issue which i think digit will defend in its own diplomatic way.But the true fact is it Digit have to think positively about the readers............because it captures lots of advertisement today by which price can be kept easily under our budget

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
frnds... it's the special issue & that to for one time only they will charge you higher ...... but in return giving you a jumbo anniv. issue .....

So it's ok for one time..
And that to if you buy online then you need to pay 200 bucks only....

so don't worry guys... digit will remain No.1 & economical too...
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
We've given enough content for gaming in this issue, and there were not any great releases either, but I guess there would be something for gamers this month. There are loads of open source game making engines... something that was demanded for.
We as readers have the right to say about the content and policies of digit as far as information,knowledge and intellectual stuff is concerned..
that was well said.
@clinton: yeah, you will have fun this month, it's thanks to people like you that they got CTC II back
FilledVoid thanks for the quick action. I was so stunned by that big font, that I could not even react.
Read the mag for the gifts I think.

toofan

Technomancer
Nice suspense created by digit. Hope by this evening it will reach news stands here at nainital. Then I will try to post the preview.

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

I mean review.

rahul_yadav

Re: Preview + Feedback [June 2010] .....amazing!

this issue really get's me excited as 20 self doing project hehe:razz: i like'd that as well as thanks from the part of all the "green community" for deploying seed's .......when i grew the sapling i surely take a snap of it ...and post on "DIGIT FACEBOOK WALL" digit rock's \m/

gopal_eagle

hiiii
anybody who purchased this month's digit already from news stand....
or it will really available after 8 or 10th of this month.........:-x

Last edited:

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
I have got the issue finally, I bought it from the newsstands and have not yet received the one I ordered for a friend online from digit shop.

The package contents:

1. Digit Magazine - 146 Pages
2. Fast Track - To Ethical Hacking - 98 Pages
3. Fast Track - Do It Yourself - 98 Pages
4. SKOAR Mini - 130 Pages (Half the size of Fast Track)
5. Mindware, Playware and Community DVDs (Total 3)
6. Seeds

Apart from the above, there is a change for readers to win a gift at least worth Rs.150/- that includes the following:

1. Digit Vouchers
2. Photo Frames
3. Pen Drives
4. Swiss Knives
5. Training Certifications
6. T. Shirts

Plus some bumper prizes..

Will have to go through the complete contents in detail to know if its really worth Rs.250/- or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Licensed Software

-Ashampoo Office 2008 software is a 30 day trial when you register and not a lifetime full version
-Plato DVD Copy and some Ashampoo softwares have been provided by Digit on the earlier discs, therefore its not worth being counted among the "Free Software worth Rs.10000/-"

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Not available here yet. tomorrow is Saturday so no chance.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Thanks Rajeev. Can you post the review of magazine and the phoshop trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom