[Preview + Feedback] June 2007 Anniversary Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhat

Mad and Furious
Some good news for Team Digit!!!

All issues of Digit sold out in Mumbai on 1st day itself!!!(Atleast in the shops I checked!:D )

Ya, I bought my issue on the first day itself...

and must say, it rocks!!!

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Nice contents..
CD/DVD contents look exciting after all...
But dunno when my subscription gets renewed..sent the money in the first week of may last month...no mail from them yet...I hope i dont have to buy this one...

redhat said:
Some good news for Team Digit!!!

All issues of Digit sold out in Mumbai on 1st day itself!!!(Atleast in the shops I checked!:D )

Ya, I bought my issue on the first day itself...

and must say, it rocks!!!

is it worth reading, I mean the articles, are they informative,and the contents of the media, what is your say:)

src2206

In the zone
It is weired that DIGIT claims to be an Indian magazine and includes a Hindi movie as a freebie and guess what with a Computer Magazine :eek:

There are many like me I beleive who do not expect to have a free Hindi movie with a technology magazine, it would have been better if DIGIT could provide us some thing more relevant to its content...may be a free software or may be none and keep the price and Normal level.

This is weired but I have seen that DIGIT is a very North and West India oriented magazine [specifically Hindi Speaking Regions oriented]. This freebie choice is another proof of that. I suggest that you should wake up and see that India spreads beyond the region of Hindi speaking people and please change your content and choice accordingly.

I am not against any language but I beleive that Digit people have forgotten that all the languages in the 8th Schedule of Indian Constitution is of equal stature [including Hindi] and India do not have any National Language. So it is best for any Generic Publication like Digit which deals with content which is International in nature to remain unbiased towards any linguistic community or region, which I'm afraid DIGIT is not. The choice of free DVD again shows that clearly.

Those of us who read DIGIT love Digit not because of what it provides free but the quality of the written content that it provides.

So I humbly request you not to include any thing with your magazine just to justify the Rs 200 price tag. and please keep that in mind that consumers are not fools. We can clearly see how many more ads are crammed in this issue in comparision with the Normal ones.

Otherwise the more "digit" -al contents of the DVD and CD are good but just as good as we get with a Rs 125 issue. :) And the DL DVDs are available with other tech mags of Rs 100....these mags are not bad either in terms of their content.

**Edit**

I have been a Digit reader for nearly 7 yrs now, so the above observation is built on a long experience. :)

Last edited:

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
my subription code is D003195 from bangalore. it is the same case with me regarding the delivery of gigit issues. i am a digit reader for the last 6 years and a subscriber for 6 months and believe me from the month of my first subscription i have not received it on time... i receive it on around 12th of every month. till that time all my excitement on digit fades away... but what to do... may be DIGIT IS PUNISHING US FOR PAYING LESS (AS SUBSCRIBERS)...

PLEASE POST YOUR DELIVERY ISSUES HERE::
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48911

ITS HELPFUL TO HAVE ALL THE QUERIES IN ONE PLACE...

-SUDE

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not so gr8 contents except wikipedia webaroo pack &
High-Resolution Wallpapers, Sysinternals Troubleshooting Utilities
MIT OpenCourseWare, Learn Linux,

It would be much better if U had given the Ubutu on separete CD Or CDs
(Thus we have a handy Ubuntu only & we can take
that here & there Without the mag DVD)

It's a complete waste of a CD to give the Ms office 2007 Trial Version
on a separate disk

Why this time U haven't given various kinds of softwares. Do you think
you have made a gr8 CD/DVD contents with such a few things.

There was no need to Add DON

Also in this anniversary you could give us the "WEBARRO PACK OF THE
WHOLE DIGIT FORUM" that would be much better.

You haven't given win2k3 sp2, also
Autopatcher vista, Nvidia * ATI Gfx drivers for vista.
or some vista related utilities. (As you are giving fast track of Vista)

WHAT HAPPEND TO THE DIGIT PATRON PROGRAM?

I think you should really pay some attentions to not only the subscribers
but also us who buys digit continuously each month from news-stands. Why should we send back
our faulty CD/DVDs to your Mumbai office by the courier with
our hard earned money, We buy the mag from news stand without any discount.
now if we have to send a disc back we have to pay atleast Rs. 25 for
courier charge. Thus the Total cost of the mag grow upto Rs.(125+25)=150.
Why should we pay that much. I got the Dec 2006 DVD faulty, e-mailed you (helpdesk) but
only got a auto generated reply. No more reply till today. So I lost courage to
send back that faulty DVD. If one company even not reply to readers urgent mail will
they change and replace and send back your faulty DVD if one sent it to them, Will you believe
that company. Digit guys consider it yourself.

I think you should replace those faulty CD/DVDs
by your agents in each major cities so that we don't have to suffer
such kinds of harassments. For example: If one guy say "A" got a faulty disc
he will take it to your agent say "B". Now "B" will check that disk &
instantly replace that disc (if you gave him some additional discs
to for each month) or within a week (if you haven't given him any aditional disc
and he have to send to you). Without any cost from us.

Also be carefull about packaging. Last month I got scratched disk but atleast they worked.
(Not only last month 4 to 5 times each year)

I must praise your effort to giving fast track of Vista and the plan
to give Dual layer DVD.

At the end, I, we a lot of guys in here love digit so much that we cann't
tolarate any kind of degradation of this mag's quality or service

Anyway, I am going to buy it because I love "Digit" and hope they will
improve and then mantain quality.

Hope you are listening..........................................

Last edited:

src2206

In the zone
Hope you are listening......................................... .

I doubt......

All my last Digit anniversary issue's CDs and DVD were faulty and those are still lying with me.
May be this month I shall go for CHIP or PC World. From July onwards I shall be back with DIGIT (I hope).

sun_rane007

Broken In
Microsoft Office Professional 2007 60-day Trial :)
Nice one content for trial(This
teach me practical info. about Office Pro 2007 :idea:
)
I waiting for Anniversary Special
Digit
other Nice content Fast Track for Vista :)

No matter price may 200 or 250 Rupees.:cool:

upendra_gp

In the zone
Is the condition of CD's and DVD's good or is it like December issue[4 discs n 1-2 work]?
Also is the video quality of Don good? Does it have 5.1 surround sound? The audio is in DTS or DolbyDigital?

vikasg03

Journeyman
Mr src2206 regarding ur comments "It is weired that DIGIT claims to be an Indian magazine and includes a Hindi movie as a freebie and guess what with a Computer Magazine ...." I will give u a free advice.. STOP PURCHASING THIS MAG IF U DON'T LIKE BUT IN REALLITY THISMAG IS A BEST SELLING MAG IN COMPARISON OF ITS COMPETETER JUST BCOZ IT PROVIDES ALL TYPES OF ITEM.. I CAN SAY IT IS A MASALA MAG.. IF U DON'T LIKE THEN NOBODY FORCE U TO PURCHASE.. I NEVER READ THE MAG.. I ALSO A CONTINUOUS READER SINCE 2000 WHEN ITS NAME WAS CHIP... I ALWAYS LIKE ITS CDS ONLY....100 Rs mag provides items only when digit issued... after tha they copy from digit cds

src2206

In the zone
Dear vikas

First of all no body asked for your advise even if it is free, so please do not try to advise others. Moreover CAPS are generally used to show that you are shouting, which again is against internet courtsey and considered as a poor online behaviour.
The free use of this offensive behaviour clearly shows that it is you who really need advices. Please find some one who can advise you, and teach you how to be polite in a public forum.
And please try to behave yourself even if you do not like my or other member's comments. My comments are posted at a thread where it is supposed be and your opinion about that is rather useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom