[Preview + Feedback] June 2007 Anniversary Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
It's the best issue since the five year anniversary issue.

Students Section (Especially Learning Linux), Do It Yourself rocks.

Nice to see Battle for Wesnoth.

Really nice issue, but please increase Linux related S/W, articles and tutorials. Give both Windows and Linux same attention. People are adapting it. (If possible, OS-X too).

Aditya

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
liquid_snake said:
hello
i m aditya subscription code k002700
digit reader since 2003 & subscriber since 2006
but in a few months the subscription has gone to hell
delevery is always made in 3rd week
& instead of may 07 april 07 has been dispatched to me
i have tried a lot to make them know
sent more than 10 mails regarding their information
i know that i should send the issue to them by courier but i wont do that without a confirmation mail them
when they confirm me by mail i wd send the wron issue
therefore i m posting my broken feelings here
please help me
& i wonder if i wd get my anniversry issue on date

Oh dear we both are sailing the same ship and I am afraid if its Titanic!!!
My subscription code is M004863, and I am reader of Digit from 2003 and a subscriber from 2005. For the last 3 months ( june will be the 4th month) I too face the delivery problems but with a lil difference, in your case you get your copy in 3rd or 4th week but in my case I dont get the copy at all.
I have repeatedly called Hyderabad help desk ( Norbet joseph) for help, all he says is he will will look in to the matter. I have repeatedly mailed Digit Help desk, all they say is they will come forward with a solution for my problem. But, so far it looks like I am screwed!!
This month I somehow got the address of the courier agency that delivers my mag and went to their office and to my shock I saw my April 07 and May 07 Digits mags dumped in their cabins!!! When I asked why my mags were not delivered he said he couldn't find my House, for which I replied that my phone number is written along with my address and so he could call me which is the actual procedure for courier agencies. To this he replied arrogantly " if you want your mags .... take them or else I am sending them back".
This month if I get the same deal I am moving to the consumer court and that is final. I have documented all the receipts and mails sent to digit editor. Right now I am waiting for 1st week of june to pass by, once thats done I am moving to Consumer court. I 've learnt one thing ' no use of being soft teach them the hard way'. I hope the same should apply to both of us

hullap

Cyborg Agent
FatBeing said:
Start saving up!

Fast Track To Windows Vista

Thnks for this

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Package Contents

202 Page Digit Magazine
196 Page Fast Track - Windows Vista
16 Page Digit Special - Laptops
16 Page Digit Special - Hard Drive
Movie DVD - Don (New)
MS Office 2007 Professional 60 day trial CD
Digit Dual Layer DVD

Positive

-Dual Layer DVD - with Wikipedia, Ubuntu 7.04, Cources from MIT
-Fast Track - Windows Vista

Negative

-Bulky Packing
-Could have provided a DVD case or atleast an Inlay Card for the DVD and Office CD, with a less bulky packing
-Office 2007 Trial CD - Most of the people might have already got the CDs, or may be using the full version
-Don DVD
-Over-Priced for the stuff given, Rs.150/- would have been fine

Overall Rating: 4/10

Last edited:

redhat

Mad and Furious
Great issue, will definately buy it.

Am seeing such an issue after a loooooooooooooooooooong looooooooooooooooong time.
Neways, arent previous issues of d mag included?? Soome1 told me that in d anniversary issue, they'll be providing previous issues

Neways, great mag contents, will go for it for sure....

Mayur

Broken In
Fast track on vista Finally!:rolleyes:
Webaroo Wikipedia Web Pack would be delighted to have it,:)
Digit goes dual-layer A bit late should have done this earlier:eek:
Ubuntu wanted IT.:cool:
anyways THANKS for great contents and wishing same quality contents for whole year.

mediator

Technomancer
This issue looks good. They r actually providing a Linux distro :shock: surprised!! Neways good work @DIGIT!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Thanks For Office Don

I Like The Cover Page Very Much Thinks That It Will Be Coming Soon to my place

sujit.pawar

Broken In
just cant resist adding my experience.

i was a subscriber of digit till a couple of years back. i stopped the subscription because it wasnt worth it,the deleivery never happened on time and i had access to DIGIT via a library.

last year,when PCWorld was launched i immediately subscribed for it. till now, i have been getting all the copies on the 1st or 2nd of every month,except twice.Once it was even delivered on 31st!!

the couple of times i dint receive it on time,i mailed thir executive and immediately their staff got in touch with me and ensured that i received the copy, they kept on following to the point that i was exasperated!!!

now,i dont know whether PCW is doing this because they are new in the market or its their normal standard. the fact remains that digit,in spite of being the market leader,is treating its subcribers lightly. they serioulsy need to work on that. Otherwise they will keep on losing customers to its competitors.

@June 07 Issue : Looks OK to me. but the price hurts a bit!!

jamesbond007 said:
Oh dear we both are sailing the same ship and I am afraid if its Titanic!!!
My subscription code is M004863, and I am reader of Digit from 2003 and a subscriber from 2005. For the last 3 months ( june will be the 4th month) I too face the delivery problems but with a lil difference, in your case you get your copy in 3rd or 4th week but in my case I dont get the copy at all.
I have repeatedly called Hyderabad help desk ( Norbet joseph) for help, all he says is he will will look in to the matter. I have repeatedly mailed Digit Help desk, all they say is they will come forward with a solution for my problem. But, so far it looks like I am screwed!!
This month I somehow got the address of the courier agency that delivers my mag and went to their office and to my shock I saw my April 07 and May 07 Digits mags dumped in their cabins!!! When I asked why my mags were not delivered he said he couldn't find my House, for which I replied that my phone number is written along with my address and so he could call me which is the actual procedure for courier agencies. To this he replied arrogantly " if you want your mags .... take them or else I am sending them back".
This month if I get the same deal I am moving to the consumer court and that is final. I have documented all the receipts and mails sent to digit editor. Right now I am waiting for 1st week of june to pass by, once thats done I am moving to Consumer court. I 've learnt one thing ' no use of being soft teach them the hard way'. I hope the same should apply to both of us

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Last month i got really angry but this month.....

I love you DIGIT

I love you DIGIT

I love you DIGIT

I love you DIGIT

I love you DIGIT

This is a brilliant Issue and u r providing dual layer frm next month WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Digit definitely needs to improve its customer services otherwise it will lose a large no. of customers especially subscribers to its competitors.

I hope this time I get my issue timely....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom