[Preview + Feedback] June 2007 Anniversary Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread is regarding the feed of the present issue, I dont understand why some guys are flaming among themselves,just cool guys,chillout.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
I already have webaroo on my computer.
How do I just add the wikipedia web pack from the digit DVD without downloading it from the net?
Copying the webaroo content folder from the DVD into the webaroo folder on the HDD doesn't work.

Also,
for donwloading the packs from the net, is there a way to schedule the downloads of the webpacks(BSNL 500 plan so I have 2-8 am free)?

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I just now received my subscribed copy. Nice to see that Digit is sending the copies soon for subscribers now! :)

Great content in this month. Cheers to team Digit! :)

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
morpheusv6 said:
I already have webaroo on my computer.
How do I just add the wikipedia web pack from the digit DVD without downloading it from the net?
Copying the webaroo content folder from the DVD into the webaroo folder on the HDD doesn't work.

Also,
for donwloading the packs from the net, is there a way to schedule the downloads of the webpacks(BSNL 500 plan so I have 2-8 am free)?
Copy all the folders from the WebarooContent folder on the DVD to C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Webaroo\Packages. If you've configured Webaroo to store packages somewhere else, paste the Wikipeda folders in the Packages folder there.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Bought the issue yesterday.
Boring & uninteresting CD/DVD contents.
Haven't read the magazine yet & will comment on it later.
Fasttrack looks good.
Not enough good wallpapers.
Who needs so many cars wallpapers? Well, not me.
Would have liked some sci-fi & abstract wallpapers.
Take a cue from Digital Blasphemy & Visual Paradox.
Would have liked the old DON DVD or any other hit movie.
And none of my demanded stuff.
So overall, a waste of my 200 bucks.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
gr8 contents this time...specially Learn Linux. Vista FastTrack wont be of any use to me as I just removed it clean from my system.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
Except MIT courseware everything was a crap for me.. nyways can anybody help me with that Wikipedia Webaroo pack in Linux..

shanker_kr

Right off the assembly line
Super Job. Who cares for Don when u have Ubuntu and Webaroo. It would have helped if Ubuntu was packed as an ISO file rather than have us search for all the required files to be burnt on to a separate Ubuntu only CD.
Gr8 that the digit DVD works as a live CD as well.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Great issue.Simply loved the cd/dvd.
It(CD/DVD) is not working on my Lite-on LH-20A1P.It worked on my old samsung drive.Why it's not working.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
In your HDD comparison tests, why haven't you included the Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 series products. :confused:
These have got positive performance reports on many parts on the net.:p

shreyadr

Journeyman
i have received June,07 issue today. surprisingly my DVD writter refused to recognise the Dual Layer DVD. although it could regonise Don's DVD. is the DVD faulty ? or is there any other way to run DL DVD on ur machine ?:confused::confused::confused:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I am from Ratlam, MP.
Just got my copy today from News-Stand. (I am the first one in Ratlam to buy it. Yippie. :D)
Haven't opened it yet, bUt its must be good. Ok lets Open it.
Oh, Don DVD is good looking.
Fast Track on Vista is well written too./

Kudos for DIGIT.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
I really hate the folding front covers it really just irritate while reading digit...

Well Webroo is just awesome..

But pics...sounds..etc not included..
But still now can find info on any topic just offline...Great ... I mean really really great..

You guys really rock...

Now Please don't forget to include it's paks too in forthcoming issues...

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
pc_game_lover2004 said:
I really hate the folding front covers it really just irritate while reading digit...

Same here.

How to use this webaroo?
I changed the location under Preference, and then copied the whole pack to the new location. But still I'm not able to view it. Its impossible to use the default location since I don't have 6GB free space on C drive, nobody has it.
How to do it? Even online webaroo faq is not helping.

PS: Who selected those WindowBlinds skins?? Those were some of the worst skins I have ever seen. What crap!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom