[Preview + Feedback] June 2006 Anniversary Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries

Broken In
FatBeing said:
Erm...did you not notice all the rain?

We did finish everything dead on schedule and suddenly Nature played spoilsport.

I know the rains, so the moral of the story is, never predict a day of release because nature can do anything......:)

Aries

Broken In
After a long wait, I got my copy of Digit from the stands today. The Digit 5th Anniversary Mega issue certainly does bring some surprises for all of us. Here is what I have to say…

The Positive Part

+ The issue has 224 pages + Fast Track with 180 pages
+ Digit has provided the DVD case for the CD and DVD (in the newsstand copies), which normally disappears in the Special issues (June & Dec)
+ The DVD has 10 Classics (Full Length Movies) and not eBooks as some people thought (including me)
+ More than 300 MB of MP3s for Music Lovers
+ 1200 Wallpapers
+ The Monster Truck Madness 2 and the Business Plan CDs come in their original box packing (in the newsstand copies), which makes the whole issue worth more than Rs.200/-.

A few Negative things

- The games provided on the DVD are the ones given with the latest edition of SKOAR, I think its just to fill up the Space.
- Bulky packing because of all the boxes provided (2 Books and 3 Boxes)
- Project Gutenberg CD, I believe we all would have at least 2 copies of them by now, both the DVD and CD, therefore I think it was not that necessary
- Also missing the previous Digit and Fast Track issues in PDF

I would certainly give this Special Issue 9/10. This is the highest ever marks I have given to anyone in my life because I am not very lenient. I don’t know if Digit really cares for this mark or not.

Regs

Aries

Last edited:

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
wow...
I had requested some article on Digital audio, formats, etc. (Refer reader's letter April 2006) and now you guys bring out an entire book!!! You guys rock!!!

Cheers,
Prav.

Aries

Broken In
kjuvale said:
again these movies are in which format?

Well, its not the DVD format, but you can view them in windows media player. I played them on the same. I am not sure about the format.

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
The movies are all plain old MPEG or AVI and should run on any machine, except for the Halo Matrix thing which is MP4, and Core Wars which is HDTV and requires a slightly better config to run.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
FatBeing said:
The movies are all plain old MPEG or AVI and should run on any machine, except for the Halo Matrix thing which is MP4, and Core Wars which is HDTV and requires a slightly better config to run.

Thank you, I just asked because i will like to play them on my philips 642k player. and not on pc. I think mpeg and avi files will play. Buying it today if its available.

atlast yesterday I hunted out the mag, games are not satisfactory atall, a type of boring, yet to see the movies, business plan could have been adjusted in some cd as it only 65mb,

damnthenet

Journeyman
kjuvale said:
Thank you, I just asked because i will like to play them on my philips 642k player. and not on pc. I think mpeg and avi files will play. Buying it today if its available.
I doubt if you can play your Digit DVD in you player coz it must have been burbt as a data Dvd and normally players don't play data dvds.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Finally, some good stuff that DIGIT people have dished out.. Must say am quite impressed.. Will surely buy this issue.. Planning to put a review of it on my blog if it turns out to be up to my expectations..

>> Siddhartha (*sidroy.wordpress.com/ )

*AritrA*

Broken In
DISSAPOINTED

this simply cnt be the content for anniversay issue . though m sure the articles will rock .bt cd n d dvd is jst ok . wont buy this issue for sure .

earlier the anniversary issue used to rock .. be it d cd or the articles . bt this .. nt for me at least .

i still use the '500 freeware' dvd that digit gave last year ..its so damn useful .

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
damnthenet said:
I doubt if you can play your Digit DVD in you player coz it must have been burbt as a data Dvd and normally players don't play data dvds.

Yes the dvp 642k plays data cds. and i successfuly played the digit dvd and was able to watch those movies on my player. Thanks digit for giving such nice issue.

mario_pant

In the zone
so here is mine...
in march my subscription ended (thank god!)...
now the Digit Interact stuff is sooo boring that now i have one less reason to spend the money....
secondly, there is hardly one article i want to read in it... that i can do by borrowing or downloading the mag torrent from any bittorrent tracker and read it... just gemme a reason fare e-nough as to why i shpuld buy digit???

alekh_khanna

Broken In
Mag rocks... Cd/Dvd sucks.... all crappy games, softwares... just for the heck of giving it....
But again... articles are good...
Bought it just for the mag...

saketkutta

Broken In
not got till now in newsstands in nepal. are u ppl slow to export or are our ppl slow to get em. well loking forward to monster truck as i wanted to play frm my childhood and does the dual layer dvd actually work on my samsung combo drive?? (352B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom