Preview + Feedback [December 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refract

Broken In
Hello Team Digit,
I subscribed for this month ( collector's edition ), just to see how fast it will reach me, so that i can subscribe for the whole year. Iam still waiting for my copy of digit ( 8-12-2010)
Thank you.

Hello Team Digit,
I subscribed for this month ( collector's edition ), just to see how fast it will reach me, so that i can subscribe for the whole year. Iam still waiting for my copy of digit ( 8-12-2010)
Thank you.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi digit,
I am a non-subscriber but faithful reader of digit from many years now. But this time I had to subscribe for the Collectors edition, since Dec and Jan issue combo offer was unbeatable.

I am glad to say that my experience as a subscriber started quite well. The issue reached by the 3rd, when by instance, it was my week off from work and so I was able to personally thank the courier man :)

The packet was quite heavy justifying the contents which I was anticipating from those facebook updates from digit. You cant guess the first thing which I did after I received the Dec edition - I photographed it - for my archive ;)

After I opened the glossy pack of the courier, I was face to face with another glossy thing - the digit cover, like a shining piece of art, I had to adjust it against the reflection of the fluorescent light to take a snapshot.

And then my eyes fell on the A list booklet, quite a comprehensive guide I must say. Then I saw the fast track to robotics. Well, I may work on Robots some day, but on that day, I would be sure that I have a nice guide with me.

The DVD's as expected was superb as always. Only one thing which I didn't liked is that, the trailers of the Movies were mixed with that of the games. I hope this was unintentional and would not be a practice to be carried forward. Also, I expected the trailer of "Tron Legacy" on the disks, as its a movie about a person being abducted in the Computer world! Not a geek thing? I think its a lot of it!

Alas, because of my exams, the rest of the contents of the DVD's and that of the magazine would have to wait. But I would write about it for sure, and this time, from a subscriber point of view.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
TEAM digit.....

Are u Reading this ? if yes please respond.

i Applied for Digit magazine of Dec 2010 at RS 200 but still I didnt got my issue and i m tempted to get it from newsstand.

Please Tell me are u going to deliver or Not
if yes when in lAst week of Dec or in january.

if Possible please refund my money so that i can buy this Digit from newstand today..

Profit is yours only as i will pay 50 rs more for issue.
and i will never ever subscribe digit in my life
thnaks and Please Respond..

If u Didn't reply , means u really dont care abt customers and just want to Lot Money!

Hi Suyash,

Sorry for the delay you've faced. Please make it a point to write to help at thinkdigit dot com for all such issues, as that is the fastest way to get a response.

You can also forward escalations to me at editor at thinkdigit dot com in case you don't receive a reply with a status update of your order in one working day.

Please remember to include subscription numbers or transaction IDs in your mails to help us track your order quicker.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Hi Suyash,

Sorry for the delay you've faced. Please make it a point to write to help at thinkdigit dot com for all such issues, as that is the fastest way to get a response.

You can also forward escalations to me at editor at thinkdigit dot com in case you don't receive a reply with a status update of your order in one working day.

Please remember to include subscription numbers or transaction IDs in your mails to help us track your order quicker.

I M Frustrated By Waiting....

First of All i have Purchased my copy On 27th Of Nov...and you are mailing that my copy is Dispatch on 4th ... why?? Why One Week Late....

and After that you also say that you will get ur copy in 5-7 working days after 4th dec.
but its 10th dec man......

Please track My issue And if Lost Please refund....

i will buy it today only...............

and Will Never Ever subscribe Or buy Magazine Online.....

Thanks for Support and Gr8 Management....

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
Hi digit,
I am a non-subscriber but faithful reader of digit from many years now. But this time I had to subscribe for the Collectors edition, since Dec and Jan issue combo offer was unbeatable.

I am glad to say that my experience as a subscriber started quite well. The issue reached by the 3rd, when by instance, it was my week off from work and so I was able to personally thank the courier man :)

The packet was quite heavy justifying the contents which I was anticipating from those facebook updates from digit. You cant guess the first thing which I did after I received the Dec edition - I photographed it - for my archive ;)

After I opened the glossy pack of the courier, I was face to face with another glossy thing - the digit cover, like a shining piece of art, I had to adjust it against the reflection of the fluorescent light to take a snapshot.

And then my eyes fell on the A list booklet, quite a comprehensive guide I must say. Then I saw the fast track to robotics. Well, I may work on Robots some day, but on that day, I would be sure that I have a nice guide with me.

The DVD's as expected was superb as always. Only one thing which I didn't liked is that, the trailers of the Movies were mixed with that of the games. I hope this was unintentional and would not be a practice to be carried forward. Also, I expected the trailer of "Tron Legacy" on the disks, as its a movie about a person being abducted in the Computer world! Not a geek thing? I think its a lot of it!

Alas, because of my exams, the rest of the contents of the DVD's and that of the magazine would have to wait. But I would write about it for sure, and this time, from a subscriber point of view.

Good to know that you liked the DVDs. Mixing of the game and movie trailers was intentional, as these trailers would now be carried in both the DVDs unlike earlier when they were just a part of the Playware DVD. But thanks for suggestion will look into it. We have given Tron Legacy trailer earlier in our DVDs hence it wasn't included this time..

I M Frustrated By Waiting....

First of All i have Purchased my copy On 27th Of Nov...and you are mailing that my copy is Dispatch on 4th ... why?? Why One Week Late....

and After that you also say that you will get ur copy in 5-7 working days after 4th dec.
but its 10th dec man......

Please track My issue And if Lost Please refund....

i will buy it today only...............

and Will Never Ever subscribe Or buy Magazine Online.....

Thanks for Support and Gr8 Management....

am facing the same problem, I even did not get any message of dispatch, I booked it on 28th nov morning, still not received the mag, its almost 2 weeks................might be we getting it with Jan-11 issue............:roll::twisted::evil:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Atlast i received my copy of Dec'10
and when i opened dat cover .. the front of DIGIT magazine front page was full of scratches..(seems as if it is being used for some purpose)

and digit2010 pocket book too have few scratch in front..
what a dispatch they have made.. should i write at help@thinkdigit.com

noja

Bang! Bang!
In The review of lg optimus one p500 the phone showed is gt540 which is an older phone. Since its already printed i'm guessing it was a last minute addition to the mag.

Really-friendly-arm

Right off the assembly line
I really liked the yes man docmntry as it was some how in the same genre from the grand old zeitgeist but this time with a sense of humor .
The content compilation in the magazine is awesome and dvd contents are really good
just a bit pricey ,as Rs 250 seems really barrier breaking but i got it in 200 bcoz of the discount voucher from digit/facebook.
Overall a nice end of the year by digit,
keep up the tech work going its awesome!!!:cool:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Speed up your life is awesome!!!
I think I will be spending time rooting and overclocking my Optimus One (and yes, you hav its GT540 instead of P500 in magazine) after my semester exams :)
Damn it!!! Exams ruins all the fun :-D

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
alls good but i am unable to redeem my guaranteed gifts.:x

atleast you guys could avail the dicount voucher in nov issue, i couldnt pre order only the submit button went non responsive. i had to buy it from new stand in the end :x

msankadi

Broken In
I havent received my copy yet...I guess most of the people would have already read and archived/discarded the magazine by now...I have always liked Digit and thats why I had subscribed...but unfortunately that has turned out to be a big big mistake...read digit but never ever subscribe to it, seems to be the motto..

I have written 3-4 times to the helpdesk. They used to reply at first that my magazine will be delivered on 6th,10th but now they have even stopped replying to my mails.

Called up their Mumbai office, the guy there tells me this is normal you shouldnt expect it before 20th each month!!!! Are you kidding me, seriously? I guess 10 days after the 20th I can probably get a 2nd hand magazine at my localwala...I dont understand why does digit treat its subscribers in such a way....shouldnt it be the other way round?

Please tell me how do I cancel my subscription and get my money back..I am willing to pay 10% of my money to Digit as processing fee and still I will be happier without their subscription

MnVn

cyberjar09

Just got done reading the December issue ... liked the content a lot!!

great movie ... the yes men

you guys have done a great job ... keep em comin..

slugger

Banned
1.) Do I put my contest entries of page 90 & 91 in two different envelopes or putting them both in 1 envelope is enough?

2.) What is point of holding a contest if all its questions have the same answer - so lame?

3.) Whoever had designed the layout of the page no 90 certainly did not bring his brain to work that day - section for entering contestant's contact details colored in dark purple #FAIL

4.) Liked the movie Yes Men - though don't necessarily agree with everything they believe in, appreciate their conviction

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Team Digit,
I bought de Magazine frm Newstand, the Unique Code for me is missing in Page 92! :(
How do I get the CODE Now??!

jithinraj

I do agree with some readers, there's quality content in the magazine and some good softwares in dvds, but it surely doesn't live up to the hype, i can say the quality of content is reducing, not at the so called alarming rate, but yes, it is for sure as i've been reading digit for over 6 years now.
Also, this year's subscription gift is another disaster, it has lots of radio & tv stations, but 99% of them are useless for us indians :-(, didn't expect this from digit who always stand by the customer's interests and quality of the product.
And for the better part, yes men was superb, their take on big corporations and the way they does it is really commendable :)

Regards,
Jithu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom