Preview + Feedback [December 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
Yes Prakash 1 Life movie is there, were you involved in its making? Good to know that you are excited about the issue.. let us know what you think..

I wish i could , whech they started makes aquaris(By rinesh sir), 1 life(Kirat Gurang Sir) and double trouble(By Ram Lawrance sir) I was is my perproduction , this time i gave a test for frameflxx 3 but didn't qualify , next time i will try ....
I already informed to kirat sir and ram sir that you guys are sharing our frameboxx Freame fleix videos via twittter

toofan

Technomancer
If they are so keen on giving coupons then why not give us coupon of Rs 450(Rs 50 less) to purchase the Digit magazine itself for three months.

Tech&ME

Banned
Ha Ha Ha !! Are we fools ??!! Most of the DVD content can be download FREE from the internet. Nothing NEW in this issue.

** NO FREE FULL VERSION SOFTWARE (Popular Titles) **

** NO FREE FULL VERSION GAME (New Games) **

** Tutorial videos are all available at Y@u Tube **

Digit could have bundle any POPULAR Anitvirus Program as FREE bundle or at discounted price !! All Antivirus Companies are looking for sponsors !!!

Digit could have given FREE Microsoft Technical EVENTS pass.

Digit could have tied-up with Microsoft Student Program to distribute FREE software

Overall Dissatisfied with this issue.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Disastrous! DON'T BUY!

I purchased a copy from the stands today and the gifts are a waste

1. There is no unique code in my magazine so I will not be able to redeem the Rs.50/- discount coupon from digit nor would I be able to use it to redeem the discount on the course from training.com worth Rs.500/- so gifts worth Rs.550/- is a WASTE for me. Its the same code for both the so called "gifts". I have written to digit regarding the same and I am sure I won't get a reply ever in my life.

2. The Digit Advertisement Coupon is on the back of the Fast Track, in this world of Internet and email, they want us to cut the back page of the fast track and send it to them with the advertisement on a CD/DVD and they know it very well that no one will do it. Therefore that Rs.500/- "worth" gift is also useless.

3. The back cover says that there is 8 Crore worth of gifts, it creates an impression that each issue has gifts worth Rs.8 Crores.

4. Collectors DVD: OpenSUSE 11.3 released long back but digit has provided the milestone edition of the same.

5. Collectors DVD: Digit Archives only till March 2010

6. Omega DVD: Movie, "The Yes Men Fix The World: For a moment I thought that I was watching doordarshan, its no movie its some documentary.

I have not checked the magazine contents after all the above disasters.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
will check out the DVD contents and comment later.

Anyway, Thanks for this "Special" Issue preview.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
@rajivnedungadi
Thanks for ur feedback.

@topgear
Waiting for ur review too.

BTW,the price Rs.200/- was good for Special Edition.....

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
How can you guys be so naive? For all those who are complaining, did you even go through the Magazine? A- list booklet? and DVD contents properly? It seems that the complainers just rushed through the stuff halfheartedly and never even bothered to have a detailed look before posting comments.
May be this would clear some air:
For the DVDs
Free Full games: Cube 2: Sauerbraten, Tremulous, Street Fighter and GTA2
Video tutorials – Haven't people been demanding these specific videos for a long time? And no they are not on Youtube! They are available on Academic Earth. Visit *academicearth.org, search for Professor- David J Malan.
Subscription for SIX months for Trustport Antivirus and a month long subscription for Norton was provided in November issue which was provided specially for Digit readers. These were not at discounted prices, they were provided for FREE! There are two free for home use Antivirus this time - AVG and Avast.
OpenSuse 11. 3 is the latest version. 11.4 is still not stable, hence did not provide that.
Digit Archives are there from 2001 till March 2010, there are more than 100+ issues of the magazine in PDF format. I don't understand what's the complain here!
Did you even bother to see The Yes Men Fix the World? How's it even remotely connected to Doordarshan? It's a funny take on how big corporations exploit poor people and take away their rights, it tries to solve some serious issues in the world. Do you even know what impact it had on huge companies like DOW? NO! because you did not bother to check it out! And posted some half cooked stories on the forum..

nashpd

Team Digit
Disastrous! DON'T BUY!

I purchased a copy from the stands today and the gifts are a waste

1. There is no unique code in my magazine so I will not be able to redeem the Rs.50/- discount coupon from digit nor would I be able to use it to redeem the discount on the course from training.com worth Rs.500/- so gifts worth Rs.550/- is a WASTE for me. Its the same code for both the so called "gifts". I have written to digit regarding the same and I am sure I won't get a reply ever in my life.

2. The Digit Advertisement Coupon is on the back of the Fast Track, in this world of Internet and email, they want us to cut the back page of the fast track and send it to them with the advertisement on a CD/DVD and they know it very well that no one will do it. Therefore that Rs.500/- "worth" gift is also useless.

3. The back cover says that there is 8 Crore worth of gifts, it creates an impression that each issue has gifts worth Rs.8 Crores.

4. Collectors DVD: OpenSUSE 11.3 released long back but digit has provided the milestone edition of the same.

5. Collectors DVD: Digit Archives only till March 2010

6. Omega DVD: Movie, "The Yes Men Fix The World: For a moment I thought that I was watching doordarshan, its no movie its some documentary.

I have not checked the magazine contents after all the above disasters.

If you would closely watch the movie "The Yes Men Fix The World", you will realise why it is special to us as Indians.

Also, the fact is that Digit is giving prizes worth Rs. 8 crores, and each reader has an assured gift.

As far as the Digit advertisement goes, you can advertise your business or service with us. That is a method of validation that our reader is getting a service and it is for tracking purposes.

We will revert back to you, after looking into the matter regarding the unique code.

cyberjar09

Right off the assembly line
the December issue really seems great!!

It may appear a little pricey but I think it is totally worth it with the additional 50 odd pages of content and the additional DVD.

PLUS: India's fastest PC is truly brilliant!!!!

awesome job guys! Keep em comin...

clmlbx

Technomancer
Digit Archives are there from 2001 till March 2010, there are more than 100+ issues of the magazine in PDF format. I don't understand what's the complain here!

Well I haven't received my copy yet so can't say much but as u say archives only till march 2010.. what is this I am regular reader So I got it .. I only need last year issues so what about that? even last year u had messed up archives by not providing it and this year too ..

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
Well I haven't received my copy yet so can't say much but as u say archives only till march 2010.. what is this I am regular reader So I got it .. I only need last year issues so what about that? even last year u had messed up archives by not providing it and this year too ..

So what exactly are you asking for? I quite honestly didn't understand..

mayur gaikwad

SUPPORT OPEN SOURCE
It was overall good issue.
Thanks for fast track on 'Build your Robots'.
'The Yes Men' was worth watching.
Hope that New Year Issue would be better!!

ravindarjobs

Broken In
Today i have redeemed by code at HERE.

but again this time i won that stupid training.com 500rs coupon.

worth less prize for me.

Dear digit, has training.com provider lured you for very much money for promoting the coupons???????
(ofcourse that is a business play)

because last time also you have dissatisfied many users with worth less coupons

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
is there any course i can apply for by exchanging the 500 bucks coupon? or is it a discount coupon for courses much more expensinve than 500

don't want to learn something like MS-Office or something similar that people here who charge 500 bucks for a computer course teach

somebody was saying give 3 free copies of Digit instead of this coupon - doesn't work that way
It is not as if the good folks at Digit are paying 500 bucks to NIIT so that you can learn something over there. Instead it is NIIT who is spending [500 * x] amount from their advertising budget by offering a discount of 500 to each digit buyer - it is yet another mode of advertisement - seeeempul

Anyway, I'm going to buy this copy :) That way at least for the next 3-4 months I can give some hardware recommendation gyaan to people who often ask before buying a new device

clmlbx

Technomancer
So what exactly are you asking for? I quite honestly didn't understand..

I am just saying ..u r giving 100+ issues but I already have it .. what so special to regular readers? u should have included issues till December 2010. As that no one has it ( as pdf's ).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today i have redeemed by code at HERE.

but again this time i won that stupid training.com 500rs coupon.

worth less prize for me.

Dear digit, has training.com provider lured you for very much money for promoting the coupons???????
(ofcourse that is a business play)

because last time also you have dissatisfied many users with worth less coupons

Why did you post same thing for 3 times - the other two was at 08.06 PM and 08:12 PM - Are you spamming ?

You can post your feedback about the current issue but what's the point of posting the same thing for 3 times - abide by the forum rules or prepare to be banned.

@rajivnedungadi
Thanks for ur feedback.

@topgear
Waiting for ur review too.

BTW,the price Rs.200/- was good for Special Edition.....

I'm afraid I'm not very good at writing reviews and I don't have enough time as well. Have not even completed reading oct and nov issues.

Issues upto Nov 2010 would have been really great - as I like to keep those pdf archives as a collection and read those as e-books.

Also Fedora 14 and Open Suse 11.3 - DVD edition would have been really great - expect to get those with the next month mag anyway.

The yes Man movie is a must watch - why ? :

The Yes Men - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mags contents looks really great - Build your own robot is First-of-its-kind any mag had ever published, 2000+ search able tips and tricks will save our time from going through the past issues. I'm getting excited about the fastest computer very much anyway.

Last edited:

ravindarjobs

Broken In
Why did you post same thing for 3 times - the other two was at 08.06 PM and 08:12 PM - Are you spamming ?

I am not a spammer,
last night when i was trying to post, i faced some problems. When i post a reply, it was not appearing and i did not understand what was happening. I thought some thing went wrong, but the actual problem could be that server might be busy.

so being confused i re posted my replies.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
lol there are few mistakes in 2010 A-List Pocket Booklet. in graphics card section on the page with few GTX460s , it is written 96 stream processors on them with 550 MHz GPU and etc.
it is carried over from previous page which has GT240s specs printed on them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom