Post your Speedtest results

dissel

Cyborg Agent
But the Tp-Link AC750 was configured through wifi MESH system.
Please care to elaborate upon that,Friend.

Please go through the above posted video - A True Mesh Wi-Fi System got a ‘DATA BACKHAUL’ Channel and ‘Inteligent Node Switching’ for user device which is missing from Router + Range Extender system, Wi-Fi Range Extender is nothing but another Wi-Fi Network under your exiting Wi-Fi which actually narrow the path / lane of your original Wi-Fi in your case TP-Link C6.

Now say if you opt for another wi-fi router (Say a second C6) and connected via LAN cable then the Lan cable become the ‘DATA BACKHAUL’ Channel in that case but it is still beat by a True Mesh Wi-Fi System due to Lack of ‘Inteligent Node Switching’ for client device.

Check out this video by Joanna Stern of Wall Street Journal, Very Easy to understand

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Please go through the above posted video - A True Mesh Wi-Fi System got a ‘DATA BACKHAUL’ Channel and ‘Inteligent Node Switching’ for user device which is missing from Router + Range Extender system, Wi-Fi Range Extender is nothing but another Wi-Fi Network under your exiting Wi-Fi which actually narrow the path / lane of your original Wi-Fi in your case TP-Link C6.

Now say if you opt for another wi-fi router (Say a second C6) and connected via LAN cable then the Lan cable become the ‘DATA BACKHAUL’ Channel in that case but it is still beat by a True Mesh Wi-Fi System due to Lack of ‘Inteligent Node Switching’ for client device.

Check out this video by Joanna Stern of Wall Street Journal, Very Easy to understand

Thanks for the CONCEPT of Mesh Network.

Just imagine,the new C6 or AC750 router as it says,that it has Mesh(Intelligent) chip inside it...and one could configure accordingly.
I believed this FAKE info from a company such as Tp-Link which is in Network business for many years!!!!

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the CONCEPT of Mesh Network.

Just imagine,the new C6 or AC750 router as it says,that it has Mesh(Intelligent) chip inside it...and one could configure accordingly.
I believed this FAKE info from a company such as Tp-Link which is in Network business for many years!!!!

This is just the business tactics to lure the customer, Though TP-Link advertises as MU-MIMO in their website at C6 product page...not Mesh. because they got their own Mesh Wi-Fi.

Remember three Key points to identify the True Mesh Wi-Fi

(1) One 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Channel
(2) One 5 GHz Wi-fi Channel
(3) Separate Back Hual Channel to Communicate with each other <---- this channel is not user-accessible....And Don't worry Manufacturer will declare this thing in bold letters.
-------
(4) Please note all Mesh Wi-Fi is not great, Look for the Antena Size + Coverage Area.
(5) A true Mesh Wi-Fi comes with at least two devices in the box, One main router and One Satelite Router
(6) If you need to extend the range further in later days you need to buy the satellite pack of the same product family, Not the main router. Can't mix the different product of the same Manufacturer / Needless to say other Company.
(7) Only one Wi-Fi SSID after you deploy the Network, no matter how many devices you plugged into the wall (it may 3 /4 / 5). If you see example Main Wi-Fi SSID is 'ABC' -> Then 'ABC_Ext1' -> 'ABC_Ext2' at your Wi-Fi Signal then it is not a true Mesh - Just a basic router and Signal extender combo.

That's all so far I can think of Now.

kg11sgbg

One thing @dissel , the network SSID denotes 2.4/5 Mhz simultaneously. I think both the channels are accessed simultaneously but only one is activated at a time. Isn't it?
Could you throw some light upon the above mentioned feature in C6?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Not know much about C6,

But in General Theory - There must be two radios 2.4 and 5 which let you create two separate Frequency Network, But the processor inside the router is up to the task to satisfy your total Wi-Fi demands at peak hours? Like Number Of Users, Type of the files they consuming/ Requesting, Device Profile etc.
Think as a Wide and Narrow Road leading towards Bussiness Center @ Peak office hours.

A device near to the Router using 5G frequency, once it far from the router (as the 5G frequency ends there) it automatically switches to 2.4G frequency given you make the same SSID for both networks....Though it depends on Manufacture + Device Profile, Higher End established router, as well as Mesh Wifi System, don't even allow to form two separate frequency SSID - Only one... One can only know once they logged into the router console that which device using which freq at a given point.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@kg11sgbg don't just run after the numbers but see what your actual requirements are. Do you even need 125mbps speed on a single device at any time because all streaming services work fine at ~20-30mbps? Such speeds are required if you frequently move large amount of data around, have many HD devices streaming simultaneously or you are a heave usage downloader who aim to download/upload ~1TB every day. Such speeds are meant for multiple devices in a typical scenario.

kg11sgbg

@kg11sgbg don't just run after the numbers but see what your actual requirements are. Do you even need 125mbps speed on a single device at any time because all streaming services work fine at ~20-30mbps? Such speeds are required if you frequently move large amount of data around, have many HD devices streaming simultaneously or you are a heave usage downloader who aim to download/upload ~1TB every day. Such speeds are meant for multiple devices in a typical scenario.
Endorsing your,views,Friend...actually the Network is shared by mostly all of us.My Mother: Streaming of Bengali Channels; My Daughter: for her online school, My Wife: She is a Private Tutor who is teaching students online; and myself ,Downloading Linux Distors,Multimedia,Youtube,etc,etc,....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Endorsing your,views,Friend...actually the Network is shared by mostly all of us.My Mother: Streaming of Bengali Channels; My Daughter: for her online school, My Wife: She is a Private Tutor who is teaching students online; and myself ,Downloading Linux Distors,Multimedia,Youtube,etc,etc,....
In my opinion it is better to shift all your downloading tasks to desktop connected via lan wire to main router & use remote desktop to control the system from your mobile device/laptop.

kg11sgbg

In my opinion it is better to shift all your downloading tasks to desktop connected via lan wire to main router & use remote desktop to control the system from your mobile device/laptop.
*www.speedtest.net/result/10741913987.png

Friend,my setup as commented before is: Alliance BB FTTH ---> Modem(Provided by Alliance)--->Connected to Tp-Link C6 WiFi Router + (One Desktop PC)........> Tp-Link AC750 Router -cum-Range Extender

Now,suppose I am connecting the internet with any of my Laptops.
The speed drops as depicted above.

The local Cable guy who is providing the connection for Alliance BB says Tp-Link products are bullsh!t,only use D-Link products.
IS THERE ANY LOGIC OR TRUTHFULLNESS of the statements given by the local guy?

Ohh! One thing to mention,the whole setup is configured in "OneMesh" Network( 2.4GHz + 5GHz simultaneously).
@dissel , @omega44-xt any thing to say about this "OneMesh" Network?

Surprisingly,
When I disabled the "OneMesh" settings and configured the repeater(AC750) to connect to 2.4GHz only(disabling the 5GHz connection) the result comes as this:--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/10743099900.png

:-D:bananana:

Last edited:
I have not worked with multiple routers or mesh system yet, but will work on it after a few months.

If you are getting good speeds now, good for you. IMO Budget TP-Link products are bad, I had experience with 3 budget routers from them & all of them started giving connection drop issues in 2 years or so. Although mid-range routers like Archer series are considered good. I had DLink modem+routers at parent's home & 2 of them worked well for like 4 years before showing issues. So I personally pay few hundreds more for DLink for budget routers, like those under 1.5k.

kg11sgbg

I have not worked with multiple routers or mesh system yet, but will work on it after a few months.

If you are getting good speeds now, good for you. IMO Budget TP-Link products are bad, I had experience with 3 budget routers from them & all of them started giving connection drop issues in 2 years or so. Although mid-range routers like Archer series are considered good. I had DLink modem+routers at parent's home & 2 of them worked well for like 4 years before showing issues. So I personally pay few hundreds more for DLink for budget routers, like those under 1.5k.
I am using Archer series.
Main Router Archer C6.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Friend,my setup as commented before is: Alliance BB FTTH ---> Modem(Provided by Alliance)--->Connected to Tp-Link C6 WiFi Router + (One Desktop PC)........> Tp-Link AC750 Router -cum-Range Extender

Now,suppose I am connecting the internet with any of my Laptops.
The speed drops as depicted above.

The local Cable guy who is providing the connection for Alliance BB says Tp-Link products are bullsh!t,only use D-Link products.
IS THERE ANY LOGIC OR TRUTHFULLNESS of the statements given by the local guy?

Ohh! One thing to mention,the whole setup is configured in "OneMesh" Network( 2.4GHz + 5GHz simultaneously).
@dissel , @omega44-xt any thing to say about this "OneMesh" Network?

Surprisingly,
When I disabled the "OneMesh" settings and configured the repeater(AC750) to connect to 2.4GHz only(disabling the 5GHz connection) the result comes as this:--->
Tplink products are on an average worth their price especially archer C series. I think this "fake onemash" feature is causing the speed drop issue so unless you really need onemash feature I suggest disabling it.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Surprisingly,

If these settings satisfy your peak load demands, then stick to it - 96Mbps of 125 Mbps connection is not bad either. But remember this only to your local operator's Alliance BB Server to the Main Alliance Kolkata BB server which I believe situated at Lansdown / Minto Park Area or towards Lake Garden Area / Jodhpur Park Area. in between

Anyhow if this meets your demand, Then all it is ok...nothing else matters.

Use Google Internet Speed Test Result...Which often ping the Delhi - Mumbai based server.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Tplink products are on an average worth their price especially archer C series. I think this "fake onemash" feature is causing the speed drop issue so unless you really need onemash feature I suggest disabling it.
Already DISABLED the OneMesh feature.
Now,the speed has enhanced(wifi connection).

kg11sgbg

Latest Speed:-->(OneMesh Feature Disabled)
*www.speedtest.net/result/10757568846.png

???????????????????????????????????

Why of a sudden ,the Ping has increased to 6ms.Previously it used to be 1ms~2ms.
What about the Upload speed???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense going on..............................

Latest Speed:-->(OneMesh Feature Disabled)
*www.speedtest.net/result/10757568846.png

???????????????????????????????????

Why of a sudden ,the Ping has increased to 6ms.Previously it used to be 1ms~2ms.
What about the Upload speed???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense going on..............................
WiFi 2.4GHz causes increase in ping compared to WiFi 5GHz. Also, a few ms is not much IMO. Your WiFi signal strength will also dictate speeds & ping & maybe low upload speed is just an ISP issue. Just test your source as well when you see a drop, also others using the internet will affect speeds.

kg11sgbg

Keeping OneMesh disabled, If I use 2.4GHz + 5GHz simultaneously, will there be any network speed/connection issues?
Or do I need to use 2.4GHz only and keep the 5GHz channel disabled?
Please throw some light upon this feature,friends.
@whitestar_999 ; @dissel please share your views.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Keeping OneMesh disabled, If I use 2.4GHz + 5GHz simultaneously, will there be any network speed/connection issues?
Or do I need to use 2.4GHz only and keep the 5GHz channel disabled?
Please throw some light upon this feature,friends.
@whitestar_999 ; @dissel please share your views.

If I in your shoe I will observe in which combination Archer C6 can meet my peak demand which includes Data + Coverage, If the router able to deliver in only 2.4 GHz mode then why not?

- Peek Demands mean here Highest possible data consumption + Highest possible coverage area + Highest number of the device in Wi-Fi mode.
- I will connect those devices (i,e Smart TV's / Andriod TV Box / Raspberry Pi's / Desktop PC) which are always stationary or near situated via the Lan port of the router so the Mobile-only (Wi-Fi Only) or far away device can get the preference of the entire Wi-Fi Spectrum for their disposal.
- I found in my own experience some battery-driven devices when connected to the 5 GHz band use a larger chunk of battery power than 2.4 Ghz when they are on standby - So 2.4 GHz not bad at all.
- Also marketing name/feature which manufacturer implemented in their product just not always be suitable for my own consumption - Unless it is a true feature.

kg11sgbg

Screenshot 2021-01-17 180502.-speedtestpng.png

kg11sgbg

^Above are the speed settings currently,

I have configured the Router and Range Extender with 5GHz channel ONLY.
Is that okay?
I had also configured the Range Extender to have the least wifi range...(Tp-Link Range Extender RE200)---->
Screenshot 2021-01-17 174830.-RE200_1png.png

^Is that correct for 5GHz channel?

The other configurations:(Tp-Link Range Extender RE200)--->
Screenshot 2021-01-17 175122-RE200-0.png

Screenshot 2021-01-17 174607-RE200.png

The Tp-Link C6 Router------>
Screenshot 2021-01-17 174423-c6.png

@omega44-xt what about the settings as depicted above?

Top Bottom