Post your Speedtest results

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try intermediate coverage also. Like @dissel mentioned you need to experiment with settings to see what works best for your usage scenario as that is unique. Also I don't rely on speedtests for such experiments, I would rather test settings with actual download/upload using youtube/microsoft downloads using download manager/well seeded torrents.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Try intermediate coverage also. Like @dissel mentioned you need to experiment with settings to see what works best for your usage scenario as that is unique. Also I don't rely on speedtests for such experiments, I would rather test settings with actual download/upload using youtube/microsoft downloads using download manager/well seeded torrents.
But isn't 5GHz band has characteristics of higher speed with lesser range?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
*www.speedtest.net/result/10776120051.png

But @whitestar_999 ,for what reason the upload speed is miniscule?
I was told by Alliance that after the cables are changed to Optical Fiber,there would be minimum issues/disturbances.
But why is this happening?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
But @whitestar_999 ,for what reason the upload speed is miniscule?
I was told by Alliance that after the cables are changed to Optical Fiber,there would be minimum issues/disturbances.
But why is this happening?
Try with wired connection & at a time when others are not using net(say late night or early morning).

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I am getting my isp changed as my current isp is shutting down, and moving from here due to some of the owners' personal problems.

I have got three options in my area, One is jioFiber, Other is Connect Fibre and the third one is Netplus.

I used DSL from Connect Broadband from 2010 to 2013, Had to leave it because the speed wasnt appropiate, I got the 2MBPS plan and they gave just 1MBPS back then. Now I cant trust them, But reviews say they have improved.

Netplus and jio fiber are new in my locality. Never got any review about netplus, but jiofiber is working O.K. (Due to farmer protest, they keep on cutting internet of jio, So there are a few probs.) As I will be changing on 20th feb, so can wait for conditions to clear.

So, you guys have any idea which one i should prefer? I live in chandigarh, so if you guys know any other good provider, please do tell.

I am getting my isp changed as my current isp is shutting down, and moving from here due to some of the owners' personal problems.

I have got three options in my area, One is jioFiber, Other is Connect Fibre and the third one is Netplus.

I used DSL from Connect Broadband from 2010 to 2013, Had to leave it because the speed wasnt appropiate, I got the 2MBPS plan and they gave just 1MBPS back then. Now I cant trust them, But reviews say they have improved.

Netplus and jio fiber are new in my locality. Never got any review about netplus, but jiofiber is working O.K. (Due to farmer protest, they keep on cutting internet of jio, So there are a few probs.) As I will be changing on 20th feb, so can wait for conditions to clear.

So, you guys have any idea which one i should prefer? I live in chandigarh, so if you guys know any other good provider, please do tell.
Airtel in general is good. Airtel just doesn't have many areas with fibre connectivity, so restricted to 40Mbps DL & 7Mbps UL, case with my area as well.

there is no coverage of airtel in my area, Also, wherever it is, they are offering DSL instead of fiber.
Yeah, I know, I have their copper DSL line, so got a 2nd connection because my WFH requires a lot of file uploading. Excitel is my second connection, it has bad pings to Singapore servers for gaming, like 40-50ms on airtel vs 70-90ms. IF that wasn't the case, might have cancelled my airtel connection.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I know, I have their copper DSL line, so got a 2nd connection because my WFH requires a lot of file uploading. Excitel is my second connection, it has bad pings to Singapore servers for gaming, like 40-50ms on airtel vs 70-90ms. IF that wasn't the case, might have cancelled my airtel connection.
Have you tried testing vpn services, windscribe has Indian server as well as Singapore server so I am assuming their peering over a singapore vpn location to an Indian customer should be better than any typical home connection in India.

Have you tried testing vpn services, windscribe has Indian server as well as Singapore server so I am assuming their peering over a singapore vpn location to an Indian customer should be better than any typical home connection in India.
Yes, I get 40ms ping with Chennai server, but I think there are packet losses with VPN because I have observed rubberbanding with VPN turned on in R6.

*www.speedtest.net/result/10824698950.png

708 monthly (shared with 3 other flatmates), no fup.
How's Hathway these days? I usually avoid Hathway, you broadband & spectra because of their outages & packet drops which affect gaming. I have experience with spectra & it was surely not for gamers.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How's Hathway these days? I usually avoid Hathway, you broadband & spectra because of their outages & packet drops which affect gaming. I have experience with spectra & it was surely not for gamers.
Hathaway gives 20GB Per day limit. After which it goes down to kbps speed.
My wife once bought 6months package where they said its unlimited but told me that they offer 20GB per day which makes it to 600GB limit permonth.
So I avoid Hathaway.
Usually ACT, Excitel, Jio BB, Airtel is considered depending upon their initial cost and plans etc.

As for me ACT & Excitel is regarded good in Hyderabad.
Since Jio BB & Airtel made a pact by lending each other money I think they are trying to monopolize the sector.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

Hathaway gives 20GB Per day limit. After which it goes down to kbps speed.
My wife once bought 6months package where they said its unlimited but told me that they offer 20GB per day which makes it to 600GB limit permonth.
So I avoid Hathaway.
Usually ACT, Excitel, Jio BB, Airtel is considered depending upon their initial cost and plans etc.

As for me ACT & Excitel is regarded good in Hyderabad.
Since Jio BB & Airtel made a pact by lending each other money I think they are trying to monopolize the sector.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk
GB/day is an annoying system, even BSNL uses it.
Some people in reddit have raised concerns about jio regarding privacy & protection, so avoiding it. ACT is good but for me its cheaper to have airtel + excitel than an ACT plan which works for me.

Top Bottom