Post your Speedtest results

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Changed my Router to Tp-Link Archer C6 ,bought from Amazon Today.
@whitestar_999 any suggestions?
Do speed test before & after making any changes in router settings as some settings might affect speed for such high speed connections. Don't update firmware if everything is working fine.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recently upgraded to Tata Sky Broadband FTTH, gotta love the new fiber speed.

*www.speedtest.net/result/10541733567.png
But the question is, how much are you going to utilize this increased speed. For such speed one definitely needs pvt trackers &/or usenet(I have both but connection speed is just 50mbps).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
But the question is, how much are you going to utilize this increased speed. For such speed one definitely needs pvt trackers &/or usenet(I have both but connection speed is just 50mbps).
I have IPT account and I download stuff from there regularly.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Do speed test before & after making any changes in router settings as some settings might affect speed for such high speed connections. Don't update firmware if everything is working fine.
Friend,already updated the Firmware. As it was showing an update whenever I entered the router settings after logging in.
At first(initially), password for logging in had to be setup by the user. The configuration was really a Breeze!!!!
Any issues for that? I mean the firmware upgrade???

*www.speedtest.net/result/10542312805.png

No WiFi extender used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is in the MSI 14 Modern laptop,located at 60 ft away from Tp-Link Archer C6 Router,which is situated at upper room mezzanine level,with 3 walls between.

In fact also ordered a Tp-Link WiFi 750(RE200) Extender from Amazon. Most likely receiving tomorrow.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Friend @whitestar_999 ,this is the RESULT when I had configured up and connected Tp-Link Archer C6 WiFi Router through Tp-Link AC750 (RE200) WiFi Extender, with my MSI Laptop. CONNECTED THROUGH ONEMESH METHOD.

*www.speedtest.net/result/10546820954.png

Is that due to connection by OneMesh method, I can't see the Tp-Link RE200 WiFi extender,onto the WiFi Network settings of my Laptop? But I can see that in my mobile phone,through which I had configured.
Please explain Friend.

Please say something.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Friend @whitestar_999 ,this is the RESULT when I had configured up and connected Tp-Link Archer C6 WiFi Router through Tp-Link AC750 (RE200) WiFi Extender, with my MSI Laptop. CONNECTED THROUGH ONEMESH METHOD.

*www.speedtest.net/result/10546820954.png

Is that due to connection by OneMesh method, I can't see the Tp-Link RE200 WiFi extender,onto the WiFi Network settings of my Laptop? But I can see that in my mobile phone,through which I had configured.
Please explain Friend.

Please say something.
See thsi review of OneMesh:
*dongknows.com/tp-link-onemesh-wi-fi-system-review/

Speed increase is due to extender which boosts the signal, your laptop wifi receiver is probably unable to distinguish between c6 & extender network because of signal strength difference & some signal optimization done by onemesh.

kg11sgbg

*www.speedtest.net/result/10719768293.png

I don't understand what sh!t is happening?
I had changed the connection to FTTH.
Purchased Tp-Link C6(Router) along with Tp-Link AC750 WiFi Range Extender,spent the money.

Now this is what I get out of 125Mbps???

Friend, @whitestar_999 any idea, as such why this decrease in speed?

*www.speedtest.net/result/10719768293.png

I don't understand what sh!t is happening?
I had changed the connection to FTTH.
Purchased Tp-Link C6(Router) along with Tp-Link AC750 WiFi Range Extender,spent the money.

Now this is what I get out of 125Mbps???

Friend, @whitestar_999 any idea, as such why this decrease in speed?
Likely your ISP isn't giving you the said speed. Are you getting 125Mbps at the source(as in where the wire first comes)?

dissel

Cyborg Agent

This is quite expected - As I strongly belive

The range extender (Tp-Link AC750) eats up your Router's ( Tp-Link C6) Bandwidth, To solve this particular problem this is why Mesh Router System exists in the market.....They (reputed one) Got 3 channel usually (a) 2.4 GHz Channel (b) 5 GHz Channel (c) Data Backhaul Channel - In this channel Both Routers (or more) talk to each other and passing the required bandwidth etc without resource-hogging for the first two-channel which are user-accessible i,e 2.4 and 5 Ghz....Hense no drop at the signal quality and speed.

kg11sgbg

Likely your ISP isn't giving you the said speed. Are you getting 125Mbps at the source(as in where the wire first comes)?
Yeah!!! In case of DIRECT CONNECTION (LAN) speed is nearer to 125Mbps.
But when accessed through Router and WiFi Range Extender,speed drops considerably.

kg11sgbg

This is quite expected - As I strongly belive

The range extender (Tp-Link AC750) eats up your Router's ( Tp-Link C6 Bandwidth, To solve this particular problem this is why Mesh Router System exists in the market.....They (reputed one) Got 3 channel usually (a) 2.4 GHz Channel (b) 5 GHz Channel (c) Data Backhaul Channel - In this channel Both Routers or more talk to each other and passing the required bandwidth etc without resource-hogging for the first two-channel which are user-accessible.
The set up is under MESH ROUTER system!!!!

kg11sgbg

So you have mesh router system and then TP Link C6 ??? Why ?
Tp-Link C6 + Tp-Link AC750 together make up the Mesh Router system.
Without, C6 how could there be a MESH ROUTER system,bro.?

ALLIANCE FTTH (LAN) Modem + Tp-Link C6 + Tp-Link AC750(Together builds up the Mesh Router system).

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Tp-Link C6 + Tp-Link AC750 together make up the Mesh Router system.
Without, C6 how could there be a MESH ROUTER system,bro.?

ALLIANCE FTTH (LAN) Modem + Tp-Link C6 + Tp-Link AC750(Together builds up the Mesh Router system).

NO - That is NOT a Mesh, it is far from it, Go through the below link at your convenient time.

More To Watch

*www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Mesh+WiFi

Last edited:
Yeah!!! In case of DIRECT CONNECTION (LAN) speed is nearer to 125Mbps.
But when accessed through Router and WiFi Range Extender,speed drops considerably.
Then not an ISP issue. Farther you get from main WiFi, speed drops, unless you have those very expensive routers. For my parents home I'm opting for LAN wire from main ISP router for the 2nd router instead of using a WiFi extender for consistency.

Top Bottom