Post your Speedtest results

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes andaman is an island, and connectivity sucks but ffs this is 2020 and Govt should have improved it by now ?

Do we say the same thing, andaman is an island, thats the drawbacks of living in an island in say 20 years more ? in 2040 as well ?

Yes andaman is an island, and connectivity sucks but ffs this is 2020 and Govt should have improved it by now ?

Do we say the same thing, andaman is an island, thats the drawbacks of living in an island in say 20 years more ? in 2040 as well ?
The work for undersea optical fibre from Chennai is almost done. Due to corona, now its getting delayed. With OFC operational, new plans cost 1k pm for 200GB at 10Mbps, post FUP 512Kbps.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The work for undersea optical fibre from Chennai is almost done. Due to corona, now its getting delayed. With OFC operational, new plans cost 1k pm for 200GB at 10Mbps, post FUP 512Kbps.

Hmm .. that's comforting. BTW, don't you have prepaid / postpaid mobile connections like jio, airtel ?

Hmm .. that's comforting. BTW, don't you have prepaid / postpaid mobile connections like jio, airtel ?
Jio is setting up stuff, not completed. They will launch when OFC is operational. Airtel even has 4G which works worse than 2G internet speeds of 2013 or so. BSNL's 3G works better than airtel for sure, not sure if Vodafone still exists here.

A year ago or so, I heard total bandwidth for public usage was 2Gbps or so for the whole islands.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Jio is setting up stuff, not completed. They will launch when OFC is operational. Airtel even has 4G which works worse than 2G internet speeds of 2013 or so. BSNL's 3G works better than airtel for sure, not sure if Vodafone still exists here.

A year ago or so, I heard total bandwidth for public usage was 2Gbps or so for the whole islands.

Well both Jio and Airtel 4G work pathetic in my home city as well. So you could say im living in a data-scarce island as well

samiryadav

Broken In

The fact is , there is no undersea cable to Andaman asfaik.
The cost of laying cable is too much considering the revenue being currently generated.
BSNL is not in condition to lay one and private companies will not lay a 2000km + undersea cable if they do not see ROI.
Still,i heard that in JAN 2020 some company from japan was going to lay an undersea cable from Chennai to Andaman under license from govt of INDIA and was supposed to be completed in 2020 .if this happens, soon you will experience increased speeds and reduced tariff soon within next 1-2 years.Also various FTTH providers will pop up there.

I hope this happens , i know the pain of using BSNL 8 mbps connection until few years back that too in lucknow and paying 1200+ for 8GB high speed data.
But now we have many FTTH operators to choose from.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
*www.speedtest.net/result/10080788968.png
Rs.1003(Inclusive G.S.T.)/month. No FUP, totally UNLIMITED. Alliance Broadband,Kolkata

Bandwidth : upto 115Mbps per month. Plan: PREFERRED+

Last edited:

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
*www.speedtest.net/result/10091191369.png

vodaphone mobile 4g plan.
11.59.11-New Postpaid Connection _ Buy Postpaid SIM Online _ New 4G SIM Home Delivery.png

Top Bottom