1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Post your Speedtest results

Discussion in 'Broadband and DTH' started by ithehappy, Mar 15, 2011.

1. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator Staff Member

^^Not sure as google has many CDNs & dedicated routes around the world.Better pick some usual US isp in a major US city.

billubakra likes this.
  2. dissel

dissel Active Member

Looks like now it's everyday problem with Alliance BB for me only,

[​IMG]

Almost impossible to browse any sites - all are loading and loading. Last Sunday I was totally disconnected from their network, Early Monday I'll be able to get back after booking the docket....from last night I was like this - booked complain to Alliance BB and they gave me the docket, later they called and after hearing this and when I told them that (1) I was directly connected via LAN cable and their is no Wi-Fi shit involved (2) and I restart several times my router before calling them they got quite disappointed, at the end they ask me to contact my local agent <<<<This is what I so afraid of>>>> Now I completely depend on this guy's mood.

Well let me share what happened 7 months ago when I shifted to this Alliance BB Connection, This agent guy was wanted to come home and collect monthly recharge from my home and we have to pay 800/- the recharge (767/- recharge and 33/- collection charge) as hinted to my parents, but when I took over the situation (Thanks to this forum) and asked him I will definitely be paying via online net banking he was so frustrated and goes away....(Please note I always talk nicely No curse or Bad Mouthing).

So now, I'm officially F -uped.

At first I'm getting 37 Mbps out of 40 Mbps to download speed, but when alliance increase the speed for my plan at 80 Mbps I get 20-25 Mbps only - I know I can't complain and I'm getting far more than my BSNL BB.

:emoji_cry::emoji_cry:Jio Giga Fiber:emoji_weary::emoji_scream:

3. kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg Well-Known Member

Your local agent/cable operator IS THE CULPRIT AS IT SEEMS.
    In case of JiO Giga Fibre ,you still have to depend upon these fellows,as it is the system that works out everywhere,especially in West Bengal (Kolkata included).
    Before going to ALLAIANCE BROADBAND ,I was keen in getting HATHWAY BB service. Just imagine guys what happened.
    The Hathway cable link has stopped just short of my neighbourhood(two "para-s" a.k.a micro-neighbourhood) ahead,distance about 300mtrs from my House.
    In those areas people(subscribers) are enjoying HATHWAY.

Our area (same neighbourhood ) cable operator guy SIMPLY REFUSED TO ALLOW HATHWAY TO ENTER. He sternly told the representative of HATHWAY and also to me,that he can't permit HATHWAY here. He is linked with Siti Cable BB service and ALLIANCE BB service.
    Reason : His (f^&k-ing) wish.

dissel likes this.
  4. dissel

dissel Active Member

I Doubt though about Jio Fiber implementation depends on this guys and if that is the case either these guys are blown away or sucked into Jio.....I'm sure (or hope) Jio will operate as Telecom Company, unlike this small private player (Alliance / Hathway etc). As Ambani's dream to own Every Indian Household's Communications & Entertainment needs so one day he can rule the whole India, I strongly believe they will implement localize office / control room etc and some team to serve the customer...And I'm sure Customer Care will be more active and have real power to do stuff not just giving Docket Number to the affected customer and keep finger crossed (and pray to god) that local agent will solve the problem for them if he got any time (or mood) after lookout his primary business...(in my case DTP Center/Jumbo Xerox/Lamination/ I believe he also do Aadhar stuff too Plus Cable TV Connection).

Alliance BB Cust Care sitting @ South Kolkata and try to solve the problem at North 24 Parganas without any manpower of their own - This will definitely not be the Case for Jio Giga Fiber. BTW the whole day has gone I'm still at the same situation.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 1:00 AM
    kg11sgbg and billubakra like this.
  5. kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg Well-Known Member

Brother, in this case ditch ALLIANCE BB and use some USB 3G/4G data drive,or if you do have a JiOwifi (hotspot) device,simply use that. In case of PC's,you also need an addition micro-usb wi-fi receiver device. Laptops have inbuilt functioning.
    Just wait for JiO Giga Fibre BB service to catch up in your area.
    Just an advice.

billubakra likes this.