Post your Speedtest results

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply, I wanted to ask for a long time but keep forgetting, Lan Cable provided for the connection which only presents 4 wire (Orange, Orange-White, Green & Green-White) Is this normal? This cable is exceptionally thin comparing any Lan Cable and only got 4 wires

Picture of the same below

*i.imgur.com/jT3szvz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/TChfUvH.jpg

*i.imgur.com/aAKOiwT.jpg
It is economy patch cable which is 4 wire configuration & can support upto 100mbps.8 wire configuration is required for 1gbps support.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
My Alliance BB is Down - This is the first time after getting the connection for last 7 Months. Looks like it is a major one OR there is Zero support from Local Team.

When I realized that I'm not connected immediately raised complain to their official customer care and they gave docket number. Then Alliance CC called 4 Times with troubleshooting instruction and asked me to connect the router via LAN Port...but the result is same...Can't able to connect with Alliance BB's portal which is 10.254.254.15/0/up.
The Problem is I can't able to establish the connection to the Local Gateway/IP/Server.

Lets see what happen ? BTW: There is no Rain / Thunder Storm at my area.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
My Alliance BB is Down - This is the first time after getting the connection for last 7 Months. Looks like it is a major one OR there is Zero support from Local Team.

When I realized that I'm not connected immediately raised complain to their official customer care and they gave docket number. Then Alliance CC called 4 Times with troubleshooting instruction and asked me to connect the router via LAN Port...but the result is same...Can't able to connect with Alliance BB's portal which is 10.254.254.15/0/up.
The Problem is I can't able to establish the connection to the Local Gateway/IP/Server.

Lets see what happen ? BTW: There is no Rain / Thunder Storm at my area.
Did you factory reset your router???
Initially,connect the RJ-45 cable(Provided by Alliance) directly to your computer and log onto their web portal.
See,what happens.

You also have to configure your adapter settings into the Static IP address provided by Alliance ,through Network ethernet settings under Windows.
If you don't have the Static IP settings,call it from Alliance Broadband.

If everything is O.K.,then reconnect your RJ-45 LAN cable to the router and another cable between router and computer.
Log onto the web page of your router and complete the configuration settings.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Did you factory reset your router???
Initially,connect the RJ-45 cable(Provided by Alliance) directly to your computer and log onto their web portal.
See,what happens.

You also have to configure your adapter settings into the Static IP address provided by Alliance ,through Network ethernet settings under Windows.
If you don't have the Static IP settings,call it from Alliance Broadband.

If everything is O.K.,then reconnect your RJ-45 LAN cable to the router and another cable between router and computer.
Log onto the web page of your router and complete the configuration settings.

How can I change the MAC Address to the LAN Port of the PC to match the MAC Address of the router?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Well - I insert LAN cable which is coming from outside into my computer and then configure manually selecting "Use the following IP address" and put the IP Address - Subnet Mask - Default Gateway and then Prefered DNS and Alternate DNS.

Here Default Gateway and Prefered DNS are same which is Local IP Server....and Alternate DNS is google's 8.8.8.8

All those values is given by the Alliance Agent 7 months ago.

It is still nothing because I need to put the MAC Address of the Router...but where?

kg11sgbg

With direct connection,can you get access to the network???

If yes, then you need to configure the router by connecting it to the cable and your PC.
Inside the settings of "Netwok"(router) you will find a parameter of "MacClone" ,where you need to clone your WAN MAC address with your PC's MAC Address.

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
With direct connection,can you get access to the network???

Nope - Not able to acess anything.

Finally, change the MAC Address of the LAN Adapter by using this guide but nothing.

*www.howtogeek.com/192173/how-and-why-to-change-your-mac-address-on-windows-linux-and-mac/

kg11sgbg

Check out if your cable is broken/torn somewhere from local cable office to your home.
Obviously by their staff personnel.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
What router are you using?
Model no. name? Manufacturer???

I am using (and trying) Mi Router 3 which work yesterday around 1 AM and Today after this pull out the old TPLink 841N too and connect.
Nothing...
All router are configure to Alliance BB's Credentials

kg11sgbg

I am using (and trying) Mi Router 3 which work yesterday around 1 AM and Today after this pull out the old TPLink 841N too and connect.
Nothing...
All router are configure to Alliance BB's Credentials
High proabability that the cable connection is broken somewhere between local cable office and your home.
I again reiterate, "High Probability" not a definite surety.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No guyz its Jio 4g sim net in my Oneplus 6.
I assumed your post IP was same as speedtest result ip.Anyway if you want to test "true connection speed" then manually select a server in some big US city(I prefer New York) & then do the test.Selecting a server in same city/India will always give you max connection speed but you may not be able to achieve this same speed when downloading from most sites(as most of them are in US/Europe).

Top Bottom