Post your latest Purchase

Sarath

iDota
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Snapbucket/70b84e6d-149b-4375-ad4d-ba87bb7bd595.jpg

Delivery on Diwali too :shock:

Sarath

iDota
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Snapbucket/203f5fce-90a0-45df-b942-fa02e3753be6.jpg

AND

*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Snapbucket/e4dcdeb2-0783-4568-8c05-e13942a05127.jpg

Braekup: 1100 and 70

ajayritik

Technomancer
Wow, congrats. Do a little mini review about the experience with the phone.

Also if bought online then kindly feed the thread below (in sig)
Thanks bro. Will do a review soon.
Also entered the required things in the thread
@ajayritik: nice phone.. Congrats!!!
Thanks bro
Thought that as a phone. :shamed:
Never mind! :)

Unable to connect my tab to PC. When I Connect using USB it says not installed and the device is not being recognized by my PC. Any suggestions folks?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Thanks bro. Will do a review soon.
Also entered the required things in the thread

Thanks bro

Never mind! :)

Unable to connect my tab to PC. When I Connect using USB it says not installed and the device is not being recognized by my PC. Any suggestions folks?
Which OS?

And I guess on androids it shows "Do you want to turn USB storage on?" or something similar when connected to USB. Does it show that? :|

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*i.imgur.com/7h51A.jpg

I was tempted to buy i7-2600k...but I might be an early Ivy Bridge adopter, so settled for i5-2500k which might then go into my sister's computer.

Hard disk prices have increased. 500 GB WD Caviar Blue has cost me 3800.

Next - a SSD on Christmas.

Today is Vishwakarma Day. I'll assemble tomorrow. :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I know. But my mom has told me not to. :oops:

Mom's "agyakari" son :p

BTW why not WD black?

PS- I had bought a WD blue for 2000 some 20 days ago ;) :twisted: It was obvious for the prices to increase due to the flood in thailand. Rumors are in-air of increment of other core components too :(

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
*i.imgur.com/7h51A.jpg

I was tempted to buy i7-2600k...but I might be an early Ivy Bridge adopter, so settled for i5-2500k which might then go into my sister's computer.

Hard disk prices have increased. 500 GB WD Caviar Blue has cost me 3800.

Next - a SSD on Christmas.

Today is Vishwakarma Day. I'll assemble tomorrow. :)

Hey congrats buddy:smile:. Terrific setup btw. What's the damage for proc+mobo?

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
That 'a lot of energy wasted' hardly translates into 20-30 watts. Which translates into Rs. ~300 spent more in a year compared to LED-backlit if you run your monitor ON (not stand by) 24x7x365.

No one really runs their monitor ON 24x7x365. Energy 'savings' are overhyped. Seriously.

I am sorry that I did not make myself sufficiently clear and it seems you may have misunderstood my main concern. Money, of course, is of some (may be insignificant) concern, but I primarily meant I am wasting "energy", not money. A couple of hundred bucks annually may not hurt most individuals, but wasting that amount of energy per user will definitely amount to substantial waste of energy collectively, which is a bad thing considering the mounting energy crisis.:sad: I regret that I belong to that (shrinking) group of users. By the way, I run my (home) PC only 8-10 hr a day almost 365 days a year and, you are right, <Rs.10 a month doesn't hurt even this retired man!:smile:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey congrats buddy:smile:. Terrific setup btw. What's the damage for proc+mobo?
thx. ;)

11.5k for proccy + 16.5k for mobo

I am sorry that I did not make myself sufficiently clear and it seems you may have misunderstood my main concern. Money, of course, is of some (may be insignificant) concern, but I primarily meant I am wasting "energy", not money. A couple of hundred bucks annually may not hurt most individuals, but wasting that amount of energy per user will definitely amount to substantial waste of energy collectively, which is a bad thing considering the mounting energy crisis.:sad: I regret that I belong to that (shrinking) group of users. By the way, I run my (home) PC only 8-10 hr a day almost 365 days a year and, you are right, <Rs.10 a month doesn't hurt even this retired man!:smile:
well..I think Sarath is right. There is hardly any difference between CCFL and LED back-lit power consumption. Though LED are much more luminous. :)

I think best and efficient way to save energy is by using public transport/cycle instead of your own car. :p

Top Bottom