Post your latest Purchase

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@sujay: your HDD will be added as a folder into the SSD. so you get the same read/write speeds as your SSD when you add data into that folder. in reality the data will be in the HDD but the IO speed will be of SSD.

Its not really unlimited but depends on the size of your HDD.

Thats fantastic if it works. But it also put a question why would one buy SSD's of larger capacity if such things can be possible?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
well usually bigger SSDs are faster.

I would've gotten the Force GT 60GB models. but they have some unresolved issues.

The Vertex 3 60GB cost too much here and funnily amazon wont ship them outside USA.

These were only 19$ more expensive than the 120GBs so it made more sense to get these.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
yeah.

thanks everyone.

I had posted this dilemma at 3 places, and collectively SSD had more weight.

reading up a bit more showed that SSDs were the better option for me.

virus007

Updating Gaming Rig
two of these:

Amazon.com: OCZ 120 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive MAX IOPS 6.0 Gb-s VTX3MI-25SAT3-120G: Electronics

About time I got SSDs

Good choice... You may require to update the firmware, better keep
one USB drive ready and follow instructions on OCZ website. My V3 is running on 2.11.

virus007

Updating Gaming Rig
^^ 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 . Mine is not Max IOPS but firmware is common for all 3rd Gen.
I tried mine to updating via Windows 7 but failed due to some Beta drives on my system,
then I had to make bootable USB drive and it worked.

With that you should also understand not to keep important files on SSD, do a thorough test and
keep PC running for hours if you notice BSOD then better replace the drive.
It happened with my colleague, his SSD never wake up from sleep and shows BSOD on Win 7, recently we replaced it :smile:

SSD speed can not be defined in words, it can only be felt. Once you are addicted to SSD, everything seems slow.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Look at my thread in the first sub-forum of this forum.

I have posted a link to a way by which you can run your HDDs at SSD speed :D

My drive and your drive are very different too. Yours contain ONFI 25nm flash chips while mine contain 32nm Toshiba, which is why they have more IOPS.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
congrats Tenida
Back to station after off for few days got this ASUS X52F
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6118/6275318205_07810743c7.jpg
PA230424 (Small) by mithun_mrg, on Flickr

Top Bottom