Post your latest Purchase

nginx

In the zone
Why dont use a spare mouse and use the onscreen keyboard? :D:idea::idea::D

Onscreen keyboard? I don't think there are any onscreen keyboards when installing Windows.

Water cooling = madness?? Well, some would say OCing is madness too, but u wouldnt agree to that would u?

All I am saying is that we still haven't gotten to the point where air cooling is not good enough to keep the temps down. There are still plenty of air coolers around that can beat Corsair's water cooling solutions. Why take the chance of leakage when you can get an air cooler with similar performance and price?

I'm getting Noctua U12P from itwares, beats both

Coolers like U12P and TRUE 120 are in a league of their own, no comparisons with N620 & Hyper 212+ at all.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couple of positives of water cooling:-

1. Smaller footprint. You can use any RAM you like without doing extensive research and losing sleep over it. And it will help in better airflow as there's little or no obstruction.

2. Water cooling kits doesn't dump the heap inside the cabby. So my CPU may not be cooled to the levels of a air cooler but the system temps will remain low. This in turn means lesser use of case fans, lesser noise etc. etc.

d3p

PowerHouse

2. Water cooling kits doesn't dump the heap inside the cabby. So my CPU may not be cooled to the levels of a air cooler but the system temps will remain low. This in turn means lesser use of case fans, lesser noise etc. etc.

Dude, you still use better fans to control the air flow in the radiator, to make sure the Temps are fine. Better fans, Better CFM or Noise Levels.

But another positive from water cooling is the space usage under the hoods.

Ex: H50, H70 & now H60 or H80. All are closed loop, maintenance free solution, that user can opt.

Moreover i don't understand why people are much worried about the leakage in H2O cooling. If the coolant used is a non conductive solvent then nothing to worry.

Solvent can be like ethyl glycol or propylene glycol are ideal solutions.

Refer this for more : *www.overclockers.com/liquid-cooling-newcomers-perspective/

Strictly speaking water is not supposed to be used as a coolant.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, you still use better fans to control the air flow in the radiator, to make sure the Temps are fine. Better fans, Better CFM or Noise Levels.

My point was as the heat was not dumped inside my cabby, I might use lesser case fans which in turn may reduce noise etc.

tkin

Back to school!!

Ex: H50, H70 & now H60 or H80. All are closed loop, maintenance free solution, that user can opt.

Moreover i don't understand why people are much worried about the leakage in H2O cooling. If the coolant used is a non conductive solvent then nothing to worry.

Solvent can be like ethyl glycol or propylene glycol are ideal solutions.

Refer this for more : PC Water Cooling From a Newcomers Perspective | Overclockers

Strictly speaking water is not supposed to be used as a coolant.
Corsair is using distilled water mixed with anti freeze in their hydro series, distilled water is not conductive but if some fall on your gpu it will get mixed with impurities and conduct electricity and bam.

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ if you consider in this way then any wire strand left out get short circuit to the open PCB of GPU or MOBO will create a BOOM.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ if you consider in this way then any wire strand left out get short circuit to the open PCB of GPU or MOBO will create a BOOM.
Try putting a naked wire on top of your gpu and power it on.

Distilled water is non conductive but it becomes conductive if it gets contaminated by substances that ionize it it, the ion carries the charge.

AFAIK there is a compound called Faser that is completely non conductive, some guys literally put working components in it(fan controller) and tested.

it is the impurities that cause boom.

Dont you clean your PCs every month?
Yeah but dust accumulates very fast.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Onscreen keyboard? I don't think there are any onscreen keyboards when installing Windows.

Oh! I didnt know u havent installed anything yet..!!

1. Smaller footprint. You can use any RAM you like without doing extensive research and losing sleep over it. And it will help in better airflow as there's little or no obstruction.

Skud, did u put up pics of the Lancool with ur rig in it? Or did I miss it?

Sarath

iDota
Distilled water on leaking can mix with the dust that is always present on the board, turning it into a good conductor. There goes the BOOM (=short circuit)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys after a month of impatient wait I finally purchased the Galaxy S II I9100 today. Purchased made from D.P.Electronics, Kolkata, Price Rs.31,000 including all. I don't have a Camera so can't post a Picture of the phone :(, but I took a screenshot of it :razz:
*img220.imageshack.us/img220/3258/sc20110608004034.jpg*img8.imageshack.us/img8/7250/sc20110608004115.jpg*img862.imageshack.us/img862/1267/sc20110608012955.jpg*img818.imageshack.us/img818/90/sc20110608013326.jpg*img706.imageshack.us/img706/7914/sc20110608013539.jpg*img9.imageshack.us/img9/4202/sc20110608013732.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
@ithehappy

Awesome purchase man droool droool droool :doublethumb:

My N79 is a beast of the past millennia it seems :)

U are from Uttarpara? I have my maternal uncles' place there...Makhla ;)

Top Bottom