Post your latest Purchase

nginx

In the zone
Show me a difference between 1333Mhz and 1600Mhz RAM. There's barely any. In fact the sale of 1600Mhz sticks only picked up so that peeps could overclock their older generation i5 or i7 chips.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Here's my complete rig photo-

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0265.jpg

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0268.jpg

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice snaps, tenida...

People are crying hoarse over channels...hell...show me a tangible difference between DDR3 1600Mhz and 1866Mhz...hell even 2133Mhz....all the devils in the synthetic benchmarks...does the FPS in games go up? No..Does it make Photoshop open and process faster? No....U get the drift

Show me a difference between 1333Mhz and 1600Mhz RAM. There's barely any. In fact the sale of 1600Mhz sticks only picked up so that peeps could overclock their older generation i5 or i7 chips.

You just answer mukherjee's question. Higher speed RAMs might give that extra bit of edge in Overclocking.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
nice snaps, tenida...
You just answer mukherjee's question. Higher speed RAMs might give that extra bit of edge in Overclocking.

Well,arent we concerned more about bang for the buck? Most sticks out there are 1.65v already(even today,yes!)...u cant push them much higher imho...And not everybody will OC...they'll jus settle for out of the box performance...

Here's my complete rig photo-

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0265.jpg

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0268.jpg

Nice rig there...congos.... :)
Care to post ur config bro?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
RAM speed makes a difference in X58 beyond 1600mhz.

P67/55 etc,not so much.

Before I oced my CPU, I ran my dom GTs in both JDEC speed 1333mhz CL7 and 1866Mhz CL9.I noticed a decrease in boot time by 3-4 seconds and a general performace increase by ~10-15%.

My guess would be that irrespective of the available bandwidth your hardware needs to be fast enough to utilize it.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Amartya- Nice shots. Though I don't know what config you have, I see that's a MSI MoBo, but What Proccy? You have Belkin Superior series, cool. One advice, taking it or not depends on you, I think, you should put that Cabby on floor, unless that table you have is very steady and can take heavy weight. I am saying this coz, my last table got bent and from then I am placing the Cabby on floor :lol:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^indeed.my HAF X,heavy as it is,got much heavier with the guts fabricated in it and the fuid poured in lol.

in english:it was very heavy and got much heavier with 99% of the components installed and the WC loop in it.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
@Amartya- Nice shots. Though I don't know what config you have, I see that's a MSI MoBo, but What Proccy? You have Belkin Superior series, cool. One advice, taking it or not depends on you, I think, you should put that Cabby on floor, unless that table you have is very steady and can take heavy weight. I am saying this coz, my last table got bent and from then I am placing the Cabby on floor :lol:

^^indeed.my HAF X,heavy as it is,got much heavier with the guts fabricated in it and the fuid poured in lol.

in english:it was very heavy and got much heavier with 99% of the components installed and the WC loop in it.

Wow! Never knew it could break the back of a table!

nginx

In the zone
@Tenida, your desk doesn't do justice to that huge cabinet. How do you even work/game in such a cramped desk space? If I were you, I would just keep the cabby underneath the table.

I was afraid somebody was gonna say that but the fact of the matter is RAM speed doesn't matter anymore for overclocking Sandy Bridge chips. They used to matter for older gen i-chips.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Tenida, your desk doesn't do justice to that huge cabinet. How do you even work/game in such a cramped desk space? If I were you, I would just keep the cabby underneath the table.

I was afraid somebody was gonna say that but the fact of the matter is RAM speed doesn't matter anymore for overclocking Sandy Bridge chips. They used to matter for older gen i-chips.

For SNB, its true. But not that everybody is going for SNB based systems. So for some people it matters. And those who wish to upgrade, it also mattered for them.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^ while I havent kept my PC on my desk,i just pointed out it was very heavy.

Who puts a full tower on wheels on a desk anyway?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Especially when the cases like 690II, HAF, Corsair 600D, they are heavy by itself, let alone all the equipments installed inside, are not at all suggested to keep on a desk, floor is the idle place for those beasts. OR if you have any problem with putting it on the floor, then a very well modded/customized wooden table, with an extra support under the lower surface of it. Also, it shouldn't have any wheels, they will get cracked anyway.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was a bit sad after purchasing the table, as I can never put the cabinet on my table top. Now reading all this I am relieved. Floor is not a such a bad place after all.

d3p

PowerHouse
Adding spare wheels to the Cabinet is an extra advantage sometime, instead of lifting it up for moving the PC.

Top Bottom