*i.imgur.com/yNVkT.jpg
*i.imgur.com/JcRsB.jpg
*i.imgur.com/KlwJ8.jpg
*i.imgur.com/HAx9W.jpg
*i.imgur.com/FpPEH.jpg
*i.imgur.com/yCX4V.jpg

ithehappy

Human Spambot
This is post your latest purchase forum, not guess the price of this thing here forum.

You have a X58 mobo, why do you use 8GB RAM? Shouldn't you use triple channel?

:shock: I had 2*2 GB first, then I purchased another 2*2 GB kit just to run it in Triple Channel, the RAM's are now occupying four slots, now isn't that Triple Channel?

*img860.imageshack.us/img860/4334/unledrhx.jpg

:!:

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ eaxctly i also use 4 x 2GB XMS3 & based on the DIMM connections the motherboards take them as Triple Channel.

IMO Triple channel doesn't means or only limited to usage of three DIMM's, its can be configured on the mobo too; provided you have more than three RAM's.

tkin

Back to school!!
:shock: I had 2*2 GB first, then I purchased another 2*2 GB kit just to run it in Triple Channel, the RAM's are now occupying four slots, now isn't that Triple Channel?

*img860.imageshack.us/img860/4334/unledrhx.jpg

:!:
The architecture can only be used when all three, or a multiple of three, memory modules are identical in capacity and speed, and are placed in three-channel slots. When two memory modules are installed, the architecture will operate in dual-channel mode.

You are running flex mode I guess: Desktop Boards — Single, dual, triple and flex memory modes

That is 3 of your rams are running triple and one is running in single channel mode, to use proper triple channel you need to populate either 3 or 6 slots on mobo, refer to manual.

Did it never occur to you why all X58 rams are sold in 6/12/24GB kits?(3x2GB or 6x2GB, or 3x4GB or lastly 6x4GB)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
they are also sold in 4 8 and 16 gb kits.

thing is that the P55 ram works in X58.

It supports both single,dual and triple channel mode.

tkin

Back to school!!
They will work, but not is triple channel mode, isn't that the whole point of this conversation?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
"The architecture can only be used when all three, or a multiple of three, memory modules are identical in capacity and speed, and are placed in three-channel slots."

Clearly says ALL 3 or multiples of 3...!!

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmmm....what now? I've to remove one stick and make it Triple channel. Nah.....I'll have what I have....

Boss...one thing I feel is that at times, we stop considering what we need and go for the MAX...

For example, some of my friends dont know heads or tails about OC...will never OC in their lives but will buy OC proccys...just because they got the bucks and they found out that the OCing proccy is better than the non-OCing proccy which would have solved their needs...They dont even know how it is better..!! :p :p

In your case, u have been living with this config for sometime I guess..playing games, folding, ripping...did u feel u need more performance....??If not, then why change...

But of course, I cant resist saying this...

If u can, do take out one stick... check if u get some performance boost...if not, revert else u know what to do ;)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It will not make a world of difference dual channel vs. the native tri-channel which X58 offers. On paper the throughput is vast, but in real hardly.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
it will make some difference in real life.

i have 2 X58 setups at home and one p55 setup.

the x58 setup that belongs to my cousins is actually slightly faster than my bro's p55.

nginx

In the zone
Real world performance difference between dual channel and triple channel RAM...Nil, nada, zip, zero.

Btw, you can use 4 sticks and still get the performance advantage of triple channel RAM, if there is any at all. 3 will work in triple channel mode and one in single channel mode. No performance hit at all.

Guys any idea which blue tooth dongle would be good and how much it would cost?

This ain't the right thread to ask for prices. It's a show off thread :D

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
People are crying hoarse over channels...hell...show me a tangible difference between DDR3 1600Mhz and 1866Mhz...hell even 2133Mhz....all the devils in the synthetic benchmarks...does the FPS in games go up? No..Does it make Photoshop open and process faster? No....U get the drift

Top Bottom