Post your latest Purchase

Cilus

laborare est orare
My latest purchase is Corsair 4 GB 1333 MHz Value Ram @ Rs 2050 + 4% vat and Corsair Vengeance 4 GB stick @ Rs 2650 + 4% vat.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^ those were not for me..vengeance is for Sashwat and the value ram is for one of my office colleagues.
I already have 8 Gigs of Corsair XMS3 1600. Check my siggy

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
My latest purchase is Corsair 4 GB 1333 MHz Value Ram @ Rs 2050 + 4% vat and Corsair Vengeance 4 GB stick @ Rs 2650 + 4% vat.

Congos...

But we recently purchased Vengeance 4gb sticks @2475+(here).....where did u buy from?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Adding spare wheels to the Cabinet is an extra advantage sometime, instead of lifting it up for moving the PC.

Correct. Instead of spending behind a modded table one should do that. It will be very easy to move the cabby then, no risk of any vibration or else :)

@Cilus- Congrats.

Now finally I removed that extra 2 GB stick, and it's now proper triple channel. Played BFBC 2 for 10 mins with 8 GB, Avg FPS was 80.7, Min- 40, Max- 149. After removing the stick, means with 6 GB RAM, the Avg FPS was 83.87, Min- 61, Max- 157. I am stunned, and also embarrassed coz what now will I do with this extra 2 GB stick? :!:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Correct. Instead of spending behind a modded table one should do that. It will be very easy to move the cabby then, no risk of any vibration or else :)

@Cilus- Congrats.

Now finally I removed that extra 2 GB stick, and it's now proper triple channel. Played BFBC 2 for 10 mins with 8 GB, Avg FPS was 80.7, Min- 40, Max- 149. After removing the stick, means with 6 GB RAM, the Avg FPS was 83.87, Min- 61, Max- 157. I am stunned, and also embarrassed coz what now will I do with this extra 2 GB stick? :!:

Congrats on free performance. Regarding the extra RAM stick, sell it.

tkin

Back to school!!

@Cilus- Congrats.

Bwahahaha, anyway sell it here, you'll get good price for DDR3 here, or why not keep it for emergencies in future? Or better yet buy 2 2GB sticks and populate all slots, 12GB of pure triple channel goodness.

PS: Don't I deserve a thanks for pointing that out?

Hmm..that's so sad. I want to do some more tests before selling it. But what tests? Don't know !
Play some games, Crysis, Metro, jc2 and stress it all the way.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Bwahahaha, anyway sell it here, you'll get good price for DDR3 here, or why not keep it for emergencies in future? Or better yet buy 2 2GB sticks and populate all slots, 12GB of pure triple channel goodness.

Thanks from all of us

Happy now;)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

that will affect OCability.

Itthehappy, you OC your CPU right?If you do install total 12GB then you will have to rerun stress tests to confirm stability.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^No, I am currently at Stock speed. Though I OC'ed it after buying and did some stress tests and found the stability level.
Anyway, this RAM issue let me install Crysis 2 and I ran it for 15 mins, didn't like it at all, but still played to check FPS, and here is it,
With 6GB RAM- Avg: 53.17, Min: 0, Max: 62.
With 8GB RAM- Avg: 54.63, Min: 39, Max: 63.

Now I am gonna Archive a 7.5 GB ISO file, lets see what happens, and the result is,
With 6GB- It took 20 mins 43 secs,
With 8GB- It took 20 mins 29 secs.

Winrar benchmark- 3,671 with 6GB and 3,658 with 8GB.
Played again BFBC 2, this time results came opposite than before.

After all this, I am sticking with 8 GB RAM.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buddy you are moving at the right direction. Also try some multimedia benchmarks if you can please. It will be interesting to see the difference.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz

@ithehappy --> Exactly..dont sell it, buy 2 more!!

@cilus --> congos on new purchase! What did u do with the Reaper cabinet?

Yes, :-D got ssa exam tomorrow, gotta study some linux commands.

What linux commands? just hit init 0 ... hehehehe...just kidding!!
Dont tell me u actually study for exams, u r an engineer!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ithehappy --> Exactly..dont sell it, buy 2 more!

Updated the results.
Yes, no question of selling it. But not buying another 2 right now :)). For my purpose 8 GB is already an overkill, so investing behind more will be impractical, same goes for selling :)

Gollum

Collector
24 shade water color pencils =rs200
four kneadable erasers =rs60
five paint brushes = rs 50
a plastic box to keep them all = rs 18

Top Bottom