Post your latest Purchase

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
24 shade water color pencils =rs200
four kneadable erasers =rs60
five paint brushes = rs 50
a plastic box to keep them all = rs 18

This definitely is "show-off" thread....no doubt about it!!

:D :D :D :D

Next time I buy "anything"....(even a bar of soap)...I will post it here..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

R2K

In the Zone
24 shade water color pencils =rs200
four kneadable erasers =rs60
five paint brushes = rs 50
a plastic box to keep them all = rs 18

nice purchase.....:grin:its good to see ppl here spending money on something other than on their computers:grin:

:shock: I had 2*2 GB first, then I purchased another 2*2 GB kit just to run it in Triple Channel, the RAM's are now occupying four slots, now isn't that Triple Channel?

*img860.imageshack.us/img860/4334/unledrhx.jpg

:!:

offtopic: you don't have a wide wallpaper to use or what?....:lol::grin:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
my best stationary purchase so far has been a uniball Signo Premier 207 for Rs.300.

been using it for over 3-4 months now.This pen has lasted me longest.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Updated the results.
Yes, no question of selling it. But not buying another 2 right now :)). For my purpose 8 GB is already an overkill, so investing behind more will be impractical, same goes for selling :)

Unless someone is planning on using part of it as RAM Disk or Photoshop Scratch Disk, I don't think purchase of 12 GB RAM is justified under any reasonable usage. Of course, it depends on how you define "reasonable usage"! 6 GB seems enough for me but when I have some spare cash, I am planning to go up to 12 GB RAM for the above purposes.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
1. Purchase date:
15/5/2011

2. Hardware purchased with price.
AMD ATHLON II X4 645-5.4k
ASUS M4A88T M LE-5.5K
CROSAIR 2X2GB DDR3 RAM-2.5K

3. Place/retailer details and address
HariShree Computers - Wadakanchery,Thrissur,Kerala

4. City of Purchase.
Thrissur

5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the current product.)
Gigabyte - ga880gm-ud2h - Vendor said here in Kerala, gigabyte does not get warranty beyond 1 year. Asus offer 3year replacement warranty (as vendor said)
MSI 785GM-E51 - From DigitForum, one guy advice me to for 880g chip set rather than 785g chipset.
AMD athlon ii x4 635 - Ma friend a computer servicer said to go for athlon ii x4's last product - x4 645
6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase.
No problem till now. Always install downloaded drivers for motherboard, not from the bundled dvd's.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats jkultimate.

PS: My wife just gave me a call that the Canon A3200 digicam I have ordered from Flipkart have been delivered. Itching to get my hands on it. :D

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
1. Purchase date:
15/5/2011

2. Hardware purchased with price.
AMD ATHLON II X4 645-5.4k
ASUS M4A88T M LE-5.5K
CROSAIR 2X2GB DDR3 RAM-2.5K

3. Place/retailer details and address
HariShree Computers - Wadakanchery,Thrissur,Kerala

4. City of Purchase.
Thrissur

5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the current product.)
Gigabyte - ga880gm-ud2h - Vendor said here in Kerala, gigabyte does not get warranty beyond 1 year. Asus offer 3year replacement warranty (as vendor said)
MSI 785GM-E51 - From DigitForum, one guy advice me to for 880g chip set rather than 785g chipset.
AMD athlon ii x4 635 - Ma friend a computer servicer said to go for athlon ii x4's last product - x4 645
6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase.
No problem till now. Always install downloaded drivers for motherboard, not from the bundled dvd's.

Congrats on your purchase and thanks for taking time out to come back your suggestions. Enjoy ur new rig!! :):doublethumb::doublethumb:

Congrats jkultimate.

PS: My wife just gave me a call that the Canon A3200 digicam I have ordered from Flipkart have been delivered. Itching to get my hands on it. :D

Review, review, review!!

with pics!!

Congos, btw!! :)

Unless someone is planning on using part of it as RAM Disk or Photoshop Scratch Disk, I don't think purchase of 12 GB RAM is justified under any reasonable usage. Of course, it depends on how you define "reasonable usage"! 6 GB seems enough for me but when I have some spare cash, I am planning to go up to 12 GB RAM for the above purposes.

Forget Photoshop/Maya/Max..

Consider this...

WinServer 2008 x64 hosting 2 database servers (oracle/mysql), 4 app servers (weblogic/tomcat/apache/iis), 3 other datawarehouse tool servers, 4 VMs hosting solaris/freebsd/ubuntu/suse...how much RAM do you think that will need?

Believe me you, sometimes 24 GB does not seem to be enough!! :)

Oh! and throw some casual gaming on top of that (with all these in the background!) ;)

Sarath

iDota
Got my Razer Imperator today (and Steelseries mat @.7k)
@3150 from letsbuy.com (took 12days to deliver 15 to 27)

*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/DSC00075.jpg

*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/DSC00077.jpg

*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/DSC00076.jpg

:)

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
Friends Here Are Pic of My New Rig

*img337.imageshack.us/img337/7541/img0067fileminimizer.jpg*img337.imageshack.us/i/img0067fileminimizer.jpg/

Mobo, Processor,Ram,Smps

*img692.imageshack.us/i/img0078fileminimizer.jpg/
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/506/img0078fileminimizer.jpg

Mobo & Proccy Assembeled

*img717.imageshack.us/i/img0079fileminimizer.jpg/

*img717.imageshack.us/img717/3620/img0079fileminimizer.jpg

Ram(Ripjaws)

*img651.imageshack.us/img651/5552/img0061fileminimizer.jpg*img651.imageshack.us/i/img0061fileminimizer.jpg/

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/1359/img0073fileminimizer.jpg
*img231.imageshack.us/i/img0073fileminimizer.jpg/

Monster Cabby

*img707.imageshack.us/img707/6292/img0058fileminimizer.jpg
*img707.imageshack.us/i/img0058fileminimizer.jpg/

My PC

What was the prices?

nginx

In the zone
I dont know man..I liked it quite a bit...I remember during the labs...we used to init 0 our lab teachers' pc...hahahahaha!! that was fun!!

Miss those days!! Now, its only solaris....at work!! no more init 0 or much of anything else fun (passwd/chown etc..) coz we are not roots!! :)

Going off topic like this..ico is gonna ban me soon!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I know its offtopic but can't resist. Actually System Admin is the best subject we have had this sem, one of the more interesting ones. There was very little to mug up unlike Software & Network which drove me mad at times.

^^
Same wallpaper for 5 years? ...you gotta be kidding me :D

Its not unusual. We all have our favorite wallpapers which we don't wanna change. I have only used 3 wallpapers in the last 5 years, even though I have tons in my HDD.

Forget Photoshop/Maya/Max..

Consider this...

WinServer 2008 x64 hosting 2 database servers (oracle/mysql), 4 app servers (weblogic/tomcat/apache/iis), 3 other datawarehouse tool servers, 4 VMs hosting solaris/freebsd/ubuntu/suse...how much RAM do you think that will need?

Believe me you, sometimes 24 GB does not seem to be enough!! :)

Oh! and throw some casual gaming on top of that (with all these in the background!) ;)

In that case it has to be said you are running some sort of server which doesn't come under normal use.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
In that case it has to be said you are running some sort of server which doesn't come under normal use.

Me? Nah!! Its one of my nut friends!!

I am running "some" of those servers in just 2GB :(...

Will upgrade to 8GB after 6 months!! and then add some more servers!!

Gollum

Collector
nice purchase.....:grin:its good to see ppl here spending money on something other than on their computers:grin:

offtopic: you don't have a wide wallpaper to use or what?....:lol::grin:

ps: I don't have a computer (dont have it with me, its at home. )I'd still buy art material though. kneadable erasers are a rare sight so I bought four of them.

Top Bottom