Post your latest Purchase

chris

In the zone
On last week (16th Feb) i purchased a new PC.

Configuration

Intel Core i7 950 Processor = Rs: 16002
Corsair DDR-III Memory 2GB With Heat Sink- Model CMX2GX3M1A1333C9 (6 GB) = Rs: 4753/-
Asus X58 Chipset Intel Motherboard X58 Sabertooth = Rs: 1256/-
Thermaltake V9 Black Edition Cabinet Model - VJ400G1N2Z = Rs: 5974/-
Sennheiser Headphones HD 202 - Classic Series = Rs. 1616/-
SAPPHIRE HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 PCIE VGA = Rs: 4587/-
SMPS Gigabytes 460 Watt = Rs: 2347/-

All above brought from lynx-india.com

SMPS was not able to give power for the PC, PC started rebooting (did not work properly).

So replaced SMPS with

CoolerMaster RS-650-PCAR-E3 (650 Watts) = (did not get bill, buy from service guy, give him Rs. 4k, told some 3.8k or so)

Since i don't have camera at the time of assembling, posting picture of assembled PC.

*gallery.bizhat.com/data/907/medium/P2270067.JPG

*gallery.bizhat.com/data/907/medium/P2270068.JPG

Thanks Jaskanwar Singh, Sam.Shab for the suggestions.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^
yes but high vcore and heat increases the probability of damage to proccy and other hardware na?
i read that the CPU were idling fine at 30c but suddenly spiking towards 70+c under slightest load
note-i don't remember the article
i am still searching for it on the net
it was about 4 months ago

At least in my case that's not happening. The CPU idles at the level of 35-40c and under load remains between 60-62c. I think that's within the normal thermal envelope of the CPU.

S_V

In the zone
@chris

Congrats mate..

I don't know the reason why you went for ThermalTake cabby but you should have gone for CM 690 II advanced ... It's just my thought that it would have done justice to your Rig....

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Chris, Many congrats buddy. Good purchase. But i7 950 @16k seems too high. Anyway, that cabby looks great, I hope that it does the same performance wise :), and please edit the Sabertooth Price :)

bubusam13

Human
Taken new Internet Connection :-o
*a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184937_167743023275934_100001207113097_403903_2394055_n.jpg

bubusam13

Human
yaa... it shows exclamation mark... its a USB device,,, its is not detected bye windows when u connect it... may be some problem... Its from AMTRON in Assam

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

And my recent purchase.

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/_ArbAUXfe2gI/TWqqOk8h2dI/AAAAAAAAARU/dzmkfNyElns/DSCN0341%20copy.jpg

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@chris

this looks damn good. congrats mate...

@ bubusam13

that's awesome man!!! which ISP and which plan have you subscribe? is this an unlimited plan?

Last edited:

ajai5777

Youngling
yaa... it shows exclamation mark... its a USB device,,, its is not detected bye windows when u connect it... may be some problem... Its from AMTRON in Assam

88 mbps is india ? That too in USB device ? exclamation mark on network..not detected in windows..?

:unsure:

d3p

PowerHouse
@Chris: Those prices looks high to me.

I think in 16k you can get a 960, but anyway good purchase.
BTW where are you from ??

bubusam13

Human
88 mbps is india ? That too in USB device ? exclamation mark on network..not detected in windows..?

Yup I m in India, Assam, Guwahati. Actually its a leased line of Guwahati Unicersity. Since I only have AMTRON connection(others are BSNL broadband and EVDOs), they connected mine to the University Line... haha...

Its Unlimited and I pay 2200 per month... And before I had 865 motherboard which Lan was very slow. So they put a USB modem. Now I bought new motherboard and AMD CPU ... look the pic I have attached

And Guy... its in India....:razz:

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Buddy give a detail description pls.

*www.amtron.in/
AMTRON... Assam Electronics Development Corporation is State Gov. owned which provides inter connection, and other tasks... (donno what :p... but makes softwares, TVs etc)

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

And BSNL EVDO also give exclamation mark in network. Before I used EVDO. Everytime I install it, it always says USB device has encountered an problem. But till it works. The EVDO modem was from ZTE.

Bought Philips GoGear SA1928 MP3 Player 2GB @2.1k from Kolkata.
*i51.tinypic.com/k224nq.jpg

Bought Creative EP-50 Earphones @0.2k from Guwahati.
*i56.tinypic.com/19qanm.jpg

Pictures taken using Canon Powershot A470

Note: The first purchase was 3.5 years ago. The second one was 3 years ago.
I paired up the Creative earphones with the player a few months later because the default Philips earphones were ruined. Though these are old purchases, yet they are my latest (apart from the Kodak M575 that Dad bought 2 days ago). Thus this post is perfectly on-topic.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Posting for my friend,
He purchased a ASUS GTX 570 OC 1280 mb for Rs.20,300 and a Corsair VX550 PSU for Rs.4600, Total = Rs.25,900, from Vedant Computers, (Total price is including tax).

Top Bottom