Post your latest Purchase

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, after almost tripping on the Samsung P2350 and seriously considering the Asus MS246H, and after lots and lots of deliberation over 2 months, finally bought a 24" Benq G2420HD from Lynx @ 11822/- with 5% VAT, 2% insurance and shipping charges. :D :D :D

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0crdGFx6I/AAAAAAAAADI/yYOleXDwHzI/s720/AP3010004.jpg

It's BIG, but adjustment wasn't a problem at all. My second upgrade of the 2-year old PC after the SMPS. The Dell S1909W is now ready to get hooked to my parent's PC.

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0cqUhxs-I/AAAAAAAAADE/h3q7iS__igs/AP3010025.jpg

The Desktop. Now I can actually see the wallpaper properly through the icons and gadgets.

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0ctDu8GFI/AAAAAAAAADM/eD4dfJL6OkY/AP3010039.jpg

Dirt 2 benchmark going on. I don't have a camera, just borrowed one from my friend which is not so good. The picture looks far more bright and better than the shot.

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0cwWJdZlI/AAAAAAAAADU/ovx3Cqnd5rM/AP3010055.jpg

That's STALKER:SoC running at full HD and highest settings. I wish I had Crysis installed. DAMN... Crysis 2 is just couple of weeks away :)

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0en--kYfI/AAAAAAAAAEE/2lF9OdYYwaA/AP3010024.jpg

1080p Movie - The Spy Next Door. Once again not a good shot, and colour reproduction of the camera is very poor but on screen its awesome!

==============================================================================================

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0cmmGZRlI/AAAAAAAAADA/welhVeGq7BU/AP2250014.jpg

Here's a sneak pic of my current setup with the HX750 installed.

To Do LIST:-

1. Route the cables properly, clear the clutter.

2. Buy a 6950 1GB.

3. Upgrade the UPS.

4. Shortlist a CPU Cooler.

5. Wait for Crysis 2...

ajai5777

Youngling
Bought Cooler Master Hyper TX3 @ 1350/-

*i55.tinypic.com/1zbgkmq.jpg
*i53.tinypic.com/xeh7id.jpg
*i53.tinypic.com/2lwvy91.jpg

It worked perfectly fine for me.Earlier it was 44C idle and 64C load, also went past 72C when overclocked.Now it reduced to 34C idle and 44C load.I think I am going to hit 3.5 Ghz again with stable temperatures :smile:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^
I had that CPU had 4.00, 24x7. Damn good with a high Mx. Get a good cooler.

Thinking about the H50. An air cooler would be too hot to handle for my shi**y cabinet. Particularly after the GPU upgrade.

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
OK, after almost tripping on the Samsung P2350 and seriously considering the Asus MS246H, and after lots and lots of deliberation over 2 months, finally bought a 24" Benq G2420HD from Lynx @ 11822/- with 5% VAT, 2% insurance and shipping charges. :D :D :D

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0crdGFx6I/AAAAAAAAADI/yYOleXDwHzI/s720/AP3010004.jpg

It's BIG, but adjustment wasn't a problem at all. My second upgrade of the 2-year old PC after the SMPS. The Dell S1909W is now ready to get hooked to my parent's PC.

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0cqUhxs-I/AAAAAAAAADE/h3q7iS__igs/AP3010025.jpg

The Desktop. Now I can actually see the wallpaper properly through the icons and gadgets.

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0ctDu8GFI/AAAAAAAAADM/eD4dfJL6OkY/AP3010039.jpg

Dirt 2 benchmark going on. I don't have a camera, just borrowed one from my friend which is not so good. The picture looks far more bright and better than the shot.

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0cwWJdZlI/AAAAAAAAADU/ovx3Cqnd5rM/AP3010055.jpg

That's STALKER:SoC running at full HD and highest settings. I wish I had Crysis installed. DAMN... Crysis 2 is just couple of weeks away :)

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0en--kYfI/AAAAAAAAAEE/2lF9OdYYwaA/AP3010024.jpg

1080p Movie - The Spy Next Door. Once again not a good shot, and colour reproduction of the camera is very poor but on screen its awesome!

==============================================================================================

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/_Lqi3D4JVW90/TW0cmmGZRlI/AAAAAAAAADA/welhVeGq7BU/AP2250014.jpg

Here's a sneak pic of my current setup with the HX750 installed.

To Do LIST:-

1. Route the cables properly, clear the clutter.

2. Buy a 6950 1GB.

3. Upgrade the UPS.

4. Shortlist a CPU Cooler.

5. Wait for Crysis 2...

crysis2 demo is out download from nvidia site GeForce.com - Get the Most Out of Your GPU

*i.imgur.com/u8G3V.jpg

S_V

In the zone
@asingh
Thanks mate... It's very nice rig you have.. That proccy is very powerful one..
so how's DH14 performing.....?

@others
Congrats for all your purchases.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@asingh
Thanks mate... It's very nice rig you have.. That proccy is very powerful one..
so how's DH14 performing.....?

Actually not too happy with the NH-D14. Primarily cause I have a hot chip. I could never get it beyound 3.85Ghz. But yes it keeps it decent and cool. A ton of extra vCore is going in there, could be my motherboard walling. I had done a full fledged review for the NH-D14 in the reviews section. Sadly the images are quite less, cause TDF had an image restriction at that time. TE has the proper review.

S_V

In the zone
@anil.

That's strange... DH14 can handle i7 very easy which is very hot compared to your chip... Then?
If possible can u send your volt settings to me once.. I used this proccy before and i OC'ed with very low Vcore till 3.8GHZ along with Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme cooler... Temps are really good.. never touched 70c...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@anil.

That's strange... DH14 can handle i7 very easy which is very hot compared to your chip... Then?
If possible can u send your volt settings to me once.. I used this proccy before and i OC'ed with very low Vcore till 3.8GHZ along with Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme cooler... Temps are really good.. never touched 70c...

It was not about the NH-D14 not performing. It was about the CPU taking far to much vCore. Anyways will send you the total BIOS settings I used, since you are experienced the the Q9550. Which board you had then..? I think my board is walling.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I know this is not right place to post but just checking which is the best LED Monitor 22" available in market for under 9k

S_V

In the zone
It was not about the NH-D14 not performing. It was about the CPU taking far to much vCore. Anyways will send you the total BIOS settings I used, since you are experienced the the Q9550. Which board you had then..? I think my board is walling.

I used Rampage Formula ... Classic Board for anything... :mrgreen:

tkin

Back to school!!
Just purchased Logitech G110 keyboard @ 3.6k+tax

Blue Backlight
*i.imgur.com/DioIz.jpg

Pink Backlight
*i.imgur.com/ckTEV.jpg

Red Backlight
*i.imgur.com/j0T5w.jpg

Media controls, love the volume scroll button, blows everything away, allows as low as 1% increment in winamp.
*i.imgur.com/HsN7v.jpg

The G Keys.
*i.imgur.com/Vw1I8.jpg

The gaming key that disables the start button, love it.
*i.imgur.com/xxswx.jpg

Central console, left buttons control the headphone(integrated usb soundcard), right button turns off the backlight.
*i.imgur.com/jMJbx.jpg

USB port(low powered devices) and 3.5mm jacks for headphone(inbuilt soundcard)
*i.imgur.com/YRRpO.jpg

In the dark.
*i.imgur.com/cvIo3.jpg

This keyboard is too good for the price, I also looked at the razer blackwidow @ 4.4k(no backlight), Microsoft Sidewinder X6(ctrl+r blocks all keys, ala ghosting) @ 4.4k, Roccat Arvo(no arrow keys, they are integrated in numpad, weird looks and aesthetics) @ 3.8k and discarded them all due to the reasons mentioned.

Pros:
1. Build quality.
2. Software looks sexy, installs in a zippy and is very easy to configure.
3. Customizable backlight(Red-blue spectrum)
4. Key font looks good.
5. Hoard of g-keys(macro)
6. Inbuilt usb audio processor.
7. Volume slider.
8. No ghosting with dozens of much used key combos.
9. Macro recording on the fly with delay insertion.

Cons:
1. Backlight is of low intensity(red makes up for it, blue is too low)
2. Key etching quality is average, backlighting is not uniform across keys, some keys emit backlight partially.
3. No green led means the rgb spectrum is not available.
4. No calculator media key(not really a con, you can use one of the g keys).

Update: Changed image hosting domain to imgur.com, everyone BOYCOTT Imageshack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom