Post your latest Purchase

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Skud
Congrats mate... That's good purchase... Just curious HX850 is just 4 hundred more na? why didn't you go for it?

Actually the HX850 was not in stock @ techshop. Before that I have tried @ SMC, but they increase the price of both 750 & 850 after I ordered from them. And the difference between them was more than 700. Elsewhere it was even more pricier. I got this one within my budget so that's it. :(

One thing I would like to know, every time I OC my graphics card to any level and run some stress tests, the voltage on 12V drops to 11.9 or like. And although a 30 min test in OCCT completes successfully, MSI Kombastor is repeatedly hanging up the system after some time. I also run a 5 min test on Power Supply in OCCT and 12V rail was again under 12 volts. Is this OK or there's something to worry about? Please check the screenshot.

@S_V

How to install cathode tube ??
If possible, please provide link for logisys tube...
I found this link Sunbeam Cold Cathode Kit Blue, Red, White, UV

Thanks

S_V

In the zone
@Skud

That voltage is nothing to worry about.. It's good and Normal.. BTW what's your config..

Is hanging only in Kombuster or games in as well. According to your Sig... That config is piece of cake for that SMPS.. If it happens only when you are OC'ing video card that means the OC is fail....

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Skud

That voltage is nothing to worry about.. It's good and Normal.. BTW what's your config..

Is hanging only in Kombuster or games in as well. According to your Sig... That config is piece of cake for that SMPS.. If it happens only when you are OC'ing video card that means the OC is fail....

Its happening only while OC'ing the video card, and yes its hanging in games as well. I have reverted back to stock settings. BTW my CPU is stable at 3.31 GHz on stock cooler and stock voltage without much fuss. But anything beyond and the bios is reverting back to stock settings. Any suggestions?

I hope everything is OK with my SMPS. My config is be a piece of cake for the SMPS. I am planning to add a 6870/6950 in this and that's the reason I have gone for this SMPS. Hope it will be fun. :)

Thanks for the valuable feedback S_V.

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone
@S_V

How to install cathode tube ??
If possible, please provide link for logisys tube...
I found this link Sunbeam Cold Cathode Kit Blue, Red, White, UV

Thanks

It's very simple.. Just go through the package contents . you will get to know how to use it in your cabby... I don't have to explain for that... :smile: It's that simple...

@Skud
If BIOS reverts it back when you restart the system means.. That OC is not successful and mobo automatically reverts to stock volts for safe boot..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Skud
If BIOS reverts it back when you restart the system means.. That OC is not successful and mobo automatically reverts to stock volts for safe boot..

yeah, got the point. Will adding a better cooler like corsair a50/a70 or something from CM/noctua help further OCing???

@Skud, Well I think you might change your CPU before going for the 6870/6950, just my thoughts. :)

I wish so. But at this point that means dumping this 2 year old cpu, mobo, ram altogether. I wish I should not have listened to the reviews at that time and bought a phenom x3 (not phenom II) with 785/790 mobo instead. At least that would have given me a chance to upgrade to Phenom II X4 or like.

Essentially, I don't feel upgrading to a C2Q @ 8K will be a very wise move at this time.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Skud, coolers will help keep the temperature low. Unstable OC is a different fundamental. What all settings are you using.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skud, coolers will help keep the temperature low. Unstable OC is a different fundamental. What all settings are you using.

OK Here are the settings in the BIOS:-

MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.):-

Robust Graphics Booster: Auto
CPU Clock Ratio: 10x
Fine CPU Clock Ratio: 0.5

Clock Chip Control:-

CPU Host Clock Control: Enabled
CPU Host Frequency (MHz): 316 (I have only changed this option so far)
PCI Express Host Frequency (MHz): Auto
CIA 2: Disabled

Advanced Clock Control:-

CPU Clock drive: 800mV
PCI Express Clock drive: 900mV
CPU clock skew: 0ps
MCH Clock skew: 0ps

DRAM Performance Control:-

Performance Enhance: Standard
(G)MCH Frequency Latch (SPD): Auto
System Memory Multiplier (SPD): Auto

MB Voltage Control:-

CPU Vcore: 1.25000V Auto
CPU Termination: 1.200V Auto
CPU PLL: 1.500V Auto
CPU Reference: 0.760V Auto
MCH Core: 1.100V Auto
MCH Reference: 0.760V Auto
MCH/DRAM Reference:0.900V Auto
ICH I/O: 1.500V Auto
DRAM Voltage: 1.800V Auto
DRAM Termination: 0.900V Auto
Channel A Reference: 0.900V Auto
Channel A Reference: 0.900V Auto

C1E, C2/C2E, EIST and Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2) are all disabled.

I am attaching the necessary CPU-Z screenshots. Looking forward for the reply.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skud
please turn off the M.I.T
i've heard it causes problems like overvoltage etc

Actually MIT is just the interface - one section of BIOS - to tweak the settings related to OC like frequency, voltage etc. There's no way to turn it off. Either you use the default settings or tweak 'em. That's it.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Actually MIT is just the interface - one section of BIOS - to tweak the settings related to OC like frequency, voltage etc. There's no way to turn it off. Either you use the default settings or tweak 'em. That's it.
sorry :oops:
but i am sure i read somewhere that
some people having problem with their CPUs getting overflown with vCore voltage(mobos having MIT)
when mother board settings were set to auto
note- i only remember the name Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker
it had some option to auto overclock the CPU according to the load on proccy or something
that is when you are gaming it will automatically overclock your CPU beyond factory settings

sorry i wasted your time with vague assumptions

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
some people having problem with their CPUs getting overflown with vCore voltage(mobos having MIT)
it had some option to auto overclock the CPU according to the load on proccy or something
that is when you are gaming it will automatically overclock your CPU beyond factory settings

Don't say sorry, buddy. I think this forum is all about exchanging ideas and information. Every little bit help. Even I know very little. That's why I am looking for help.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Purchased Micromax Q50 QWERTY phone from MOBILESTORE @2989 incl.all tax.

Specification-Dual Sim
5.6 cms Tft Qvga screen (320*240 pixels)
2MP camera
Music Player with Yamaha Audio Amplifiers-Built In
FM Radio
16 GB Expandable Memory
1000 mAh Li-ion Battery

Here its Photos-

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0060.jpg

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0063.jpg

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0064.jpg

The set looks awesome.

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0068.jpg

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0065.jpg

QWERTY KEYPAD

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0073.jpg

The accessories

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Auto tuning would not damage, just might keep vCore high, and more heat.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^^
yes but high vcore and heat increases the probability of damage to proccy and other hardware na?
i read that the CPU were idling fine at 30c but suddenly spiking towards 70+c under slightest load
note-i don't remember the article
i am still searching for it on the net
it was about 4 months ago

Top Bottom