Post your latest Purchase

Cilus

laborare est orare
mitraark, your Ram prices are pretty high. in Shops like Vedant, Starcomp Corsair 2 GB 1333 MHz value rams are available @ Rs 1025 + 4%Vat.
You can get a Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz CL9 @ 2.9K.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
I guess you don't have to pay customs for small sized things. They slip inside the baggage easily. And computer peripherals are usually small parts. Atleast thats how it works in uk when my brother brings anything.

yes Vicky,

But usually even if they saw them and quantity is one.. you can say their It's for personal USE.. If they are multiple same models then it's trouble.. Also i have many cousins and friends comes to India regularly . so i'll get them from different persons. ;) .. that way it's not that big deal....

Okay, understood for small components - but what about say, a cabinet? Sunil, how did you get the 800D ?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guys it can be done easily. One can tell the custom guys that the cabby is for personal use and thats it. My brother bought a 15kg B&W 200 watt rms subwoofer without paying any customs & it cost half the price in uk than india. It was 269 pounds and in india it was some 40k.

S_V has lots of relatives staying abroad so ordering components shouldn,t have been a problem for him i guess.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Bought new speakers from F&D...F&D F500B(2500W) 2.1 set...fell in love with F&D when I listened to a 2.0 USB set few months ago..that was 500 bucks only...

Mine cost me Rs.1200...It's Awesome...

I want to post pics of it and my system too(which i bought last month) but am waiting for the Nikon D90 to arrive from US...

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone
@tkin

That's good Joke ... I practically laughed on floor rolling...

Guys,,

A short story.... So please bear with me...

I told one of my friend to get me that cabby when i got price offer for just 190 $.. My Friend said ok and he told me he'll pickup by going to Microcenter store in USA...

That night, i went to Bed thinking in just couple or more days I can expect that cabby in Hyderabad... Suddenly around 1.20 AM midnight i got call and It was my friend.. When i lifted the first words came from him is exactly like this ,...

" What the f##k you are thinking ra,, that thing is huge man,, literally i can digg inside. It's fu#in huge yaar... i have to dump my own luggage for this thing.." and was sorry that he couldn't bring it. if he brings it i have to pay customs for more weight luggage and it's costing me more than here.. Since he's married i don't want to trouble him and his family. although his wife don't like me at all.. ;)

Trust me it's that Huge BOX..

Second option, one of my cousin.. I called and told him and so so,, he said it's ok ra,, he told me "Main hoon na" . he also told me same thing ,, today i will go and get it from SHOP.. With his shahruk khan type promise.. i thought it's good to go this time. Till date there is no address of him,, when i call him, he won't lift and few days i came to know he's partying in one of the pub in Hyderabad. ... That stupid :evil: is certainly reading this post ,, i know you STUPID :-x registered here... (becoz of him, i registered here too)...

Finally I am not only Bothering my circle in USA also Scaring them too :shock: ... So My best option would be here in Hyderabad...

Last month,, one day i got call from my regular Vendor saying, STOCK came to HYD ,would like to order he told me... I didn't look back and ordered it ,price they say it's 16,500/-..... When i went to Dealer shop to pickup... I can understand why my Friend and cousin got scared hell out of their mind....
THAT THING IS HUGE ,,,TRUST ME IT"S HUGE

According to Corsair Dealer in Hyderabad,, I AM THE FIRST CUSTOMER TO GET IT IN ALL SOUTH INDIA.. I AM so proud of my Corsair 800D and it's better than i expected...

Thanks for you Time.. I didn't want to waste your Time but it's certainly worth for me to tell and I AM the Only OWNER OF 800D in Hyderabad Until Now :bananana:...

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@tkin

Guys,,

I told one of my friend to get me that cabby when i got price offer for just 190 $.. My Friend said ok and he told me he'll pickup by going to Microcenter store in USA...

That night, i went to Bed thinking in just couple or more days I can expect that cabby in Hyderabad... Suddenly around 1.20 AM midnight i got call and It was my friend.. When i lifted the first words came from him is exactly like this ,...

" What the f##k you are thinking ra,, that thing is huge man,, literally i can digg inside. It's fu#in huge yaar... i have to dump my own luggage for this thing.." and was sorry that he couldn't bring it. if he brings it i have to pay customs for more weight luggage and it's costing me more than here.. Since he's married i don't want to trouble him and his family. although his wife don't like me at all.. ;)

Second option, one of my cousin.. I called and told him and so so,, he said it's ok ra,, he told me "Main hoon na" . he also told me same thing ,, today i will go and get it from SHOP.. With his shahruk khan type promise.. i thought it's good to go this time. Till date there is no address of him,, when i call him, he won't lift and few days i came to know he's partying in one of the pub in Hyderabad. ... That stupid :evil: is certainly reading this post ,, i know you STUPID :-x registered here... (becoz of him, i registered here too)...

Finally I am not only Bothering my circle in USA also Scaring them too :shock: ... So My best option would be here in Hyderabad...

Last month,, one day i got call from my regular Vendor saying, STOCK came to HYD ,would like to order he told me... I didn't look back and ordered it ,price they say it's 16,500/-..... When i went to Dealer shop to pickup... I can understand why my Friend and cousin got scared hell out of their mind....

According to Corsair Dealer in Hyderabad,, I AM THE FIRST CUSTOMER TO GET IT IN ALL SOUTH INDIA.. I AM so proud of my Corsair 800D and it's better than i expected...

Thanks for you Time.. I didn't want to waste your Time but it's certainly worth for me to tell and I AM the Only OWNER OF 800D in Hyderabad Until Now :bananana:...

Wow...:grin::grin::grin:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@tkin

Guys,,

Thats great story. Man..... what an ordeal it would've been for you.

Congrats again for being the first owner of 800d in south india.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys it can be done easily. One can tell the custom guys that the cabby is for personal use and thats it. My brother bought a 15kg B&W 200 watt rms subwoofer without paying any customs & it cost half the price in uk than india. It was 269 pounds and in india it was some 40k.

S_V has lots of relatives staying abroad so ordering components shouldn,t have been a problem for him i guess.

@tkin

Guys,,

Exactly What I was trying to find out!!!!! Thanks Sunil.......

See Vicky, I read somewhere they (customs) allow the musical instrument stuff coz it falls under some different category of equipment but personal desktop items (like a cabinet) dont fall in that same category so customs stop it and stick their charges for it.....Thats why (I think IMHO), your brother managed to get his stuff while Sunil would have found it difficult (without paying customs that is)..............

Sunil (I hope S in S_V stands for Sunil, because your youtube video said Sunilorkut), I kind of hoped you got ur 800D from abroad coz I was hoping to get one myself (lot later though)...so u could tell me the procedure...but now it seems I will have to buy it from here itself........Anyway, thanks for the info man!!

Has anyone here ever got a cabinet or any big desktop component (may be a monitor) from abroad thru customs without paying anything?? Please put up your story... :p

@guy getting the D90 --> Whoa!! Congrats!! :)

S_V

In the zone
@Mario

Actually you can get it without customs but one should be ready to get it without their much personal luggage. Their is a weight limit know.. If it is not crossing ,their won't be much hassle with customs... Monitor is not at all a problem to get it. I saw many get it from USA.. But you should have one person to get it without excuses... I am really Thankful to many of them who brought things for me especially Corsair 1200AX which is a gift from us(brothers) to one of my cousin.. That SMPS weighed 7kgs and it's not a usual size BOX to fit in BAGS or suitcase. YES, asking to get 800D from their is too much to ask from me.. I can understand but deal of 190$ Rs.8550/-(BLACK friday offer) really tempted me.

Yes, S stands for Sunil...

Last edited:
Top Bottom