Post your latest Purchase

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
One quick question - I have installed 32 bit original Windows 7 Professional and activated with key online yesterday . Is the performance of 32 bit win 7 weak as compared to its 64 bit counterparts In day to day application and gaming ?

You should have installed a 64BIT OS, since you have 4 GB RAM. The OS will see ~3.2GB of your hardware RAM.

static_x

In the zone
congrats static_x, whats the cards audio performance like? and what speakers are you using?

I'm using Creative Gigaworks T3 speaker system and it sounds just exceptionally well with this sound card. The sound quality it offers is many times better then its price really reflects.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Static_X:

Will that sound card dock to a PCI slot. This is my motherboard I can only use the last white slot, since all rest are used/covered by 2 x HD4890. The one closest to the edge of the board..?

Looking for a good sound card..? But has to be PCI compatible.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
You should have installed a 64BIT OS, since you have 4 GB RAM. The OS will see ~3.2GB of your hardware RAM.

Correct.

Also in 32bit OS, programs/games can only access max 2GB. In 64bit, upto 4GB is available.

Talking about 32bit program.

static_x

In the zone
Static_X:

Will that sound card dock to a PCI slot. This is my motherboard I can only use the last white slot, since all rest are used/covered by 2 x HD4890. The one closest to the edge of the board..?

Looking for a good sound card..? But has to be PCI compatible.

STX is meant for the PCI express slot...for the PCI slot you need to buy the XONAR ESSENCE ST card..its price is slighly higher than that of STX but everything else is the same..:
see this

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Prices are a few hundred Rs high but nothing major. And I would have preferred AMD.

Also you can install your OS of a USB pen drive.

About the pulling power cord. Its news to me.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Also, the guy who put everything together, said if the system hanged, I should pull out the HDDs power cord before hard booting the PC. Otherwise, the HDD might crash!! I have never heard of anything like that before. What do you guys think?

Absurdity.

Cilus

laborare est orare
We would have suggested a little different thing but your system is also pretty sound and good for gaming if a graphics card and obviously a good PSU added.
However there is nothing like unplugging HDD for solving hang problem.
Vedant is a good shop and their prices are reliable. I normally purchase my 90% goods from that shop.
Your pricre is also good enough.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I was not careful while buying and hence did not notice that the Mobo did not have a PATA IDE..and now I am stuck with a system without an OS, till I get a SATA ODD!! :( :(

if any of your friend/relative have a PC, take HDD & install OS by connecting to their PC.

Also, the guy who put everything together, said if the system hanged, I should pull out the HDDs power cord before hard booting the PC. Otherwise, the HDD might crash!! I have never heard of anything like that before. What do you guys think?

what nonsense :x

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Mario:
Welcome to the forum. You seemed to have gotten decent stuff at all right prices. Regarding the HDD pulling out logic, that is pure rot. In fact I would suggest you too look at the installation of your system carefully, I do not trust a person who can give such stupid advice. Just follow the motherboard schematic/manual.

virus007

Updating Gaming Rig
[Did I get fleeced there? :!: :?: ]

Na.... Enjoy the new computer. . Money comes and goes but your
spare time for playing with computer never returns back. .

Also, the guy who put everything together, said if the system hanged, I should pull out the HDDs power
cord before hard booting the PC. Otherwise, the HDD might crash!!
I have never heard of anything like that before. What do you guys think?

Well. . . Assembler's intention was good but he messed up things with so many facts and confused you.

One fact is, some motherboard doesn't identify or failed to initialize USB storage device if it is kept
connected during boot/reboot.
User has to unplug and plug it back after machine is on (POST). True for some
old motherboard with new USB HDD but not applicable on internal PATA/SATA drives.
You don't need to worry for his advise, just get one OS installation disk and install on your 2TB drive.

Its a practical stuff which happened to me with my Old motherboard
which always fails to identify iPhone and USB-HDD if already connected before booting.

If you pass through that shop again sometime, clear his myth so he
will not confuse others :grin:

kumarmanish

Broken In
I had purchased Civilization V orginal DVD.
When I tried installing the game, it connected to steam. As I already had a steam account with Counter Strike purchased on it , it started updating and downloading 5GB worth of download data for Civilization V. I am wondering if I have the DVD and all the contents why its connecting to steam and downloading 5GB data for it!!

Any help will be appreciated!

kumarmanish

Broken In
Ok guys, Here are the pics for my new setup which I got 3 days back :)

Case pic 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6945.jpg

Case pic 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6944.jpg

Cabinet 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6953.jpg

Cabinet 2
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6951.jpg

Cabinet 3
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6949.jpg

Setup 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6950.jpg

Setup 2
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6948.jpg

Setup 3
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6947.jpg

RAM
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6956.jpg

Games 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6942.jpg

Games 2
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6943.jpg

Mobo 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6938.jpg

Mobo 2
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6939.jpg

Processor
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6937.jpg

Cpu cooler
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6934.jpg

Graphics card 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6931.jpg

Graphics card 2
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6932.jpg

PSU 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6930.jpg

PSU 2
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6929.jpg

--
Sent from my mobile device

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
We would have suggested a little different thing but your system is also pretty sound and good for gaming if a graphics card and obviously a good PSU added.
However there is nothing like unplugging HDD for solving hang problem.
Vedant is a good shop and their prices are reliable. I normally purchase my 90% goods from that shop.
Your pricre is also good enough.

Hi Guys, Thanks for all your replies...

Quoting Cilus, buddy, seems like you are suggesting that if I want to game on this rig, I need to put in a GPU AND a good PSU!!! But isnt't Corsair PSUs one of the best? No offence, but did I misread/misunderstand what you meant?

As a matter of fact, I intend to put in a GTX 460 and another 2GB XMS3 Corsair in the system..but will do it next month or the month later....budget problems...:(

But I am confused about one little thing...the motherboard says it supports Direct X 10...but AFAIK GTX460 is a DX11 card...So noob question 1 --> Will ASUS P7H55M-LX run a GTX460? (It does have a PCIX16 slot)

Also, I am concerned about heat levels...and hence intend to put in couple more fans...but will talk about it later once I get the fans...!!

Could someone clear my GPU doubts? Thanks! :)

About the HDD unplug thing, yeah, I agree with what you guys said...but wasnt sure...I never ever heard of anything like that!! But just tell me something...Vedant gave me the HDD in a plastic wrapper...no box nothing...also I have never used a 2 TB SATA before....so what do you guys (those of you who have or are currently using 2TB WD HDDs) feel about its reliability?

Also, someone said that the prices are a few hundred rupees higher..I agree, especially the REAPER cabinet.....I did some searching on this forum...and seems like people have bought the REAPER for 1500 bucks WITH an SMPS inside, just 5 months back and I bought it for 2350 witihout SMPS?? :x:x:x Total bust!! What you ppl say?

yeah, most oem hdds come in anti-static wrapper, exclusive card box packing are rare these days and all retailers don't stock it, and it would be little costlier to oem ones,

regarding 2 tb hdd, might some one answer it, as the max I've used is 2x1tb ones.

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Can you please help me out..i had made a thread yesterday but still dont have any required reply..so please help me out..
need to buy my rig soon...
Specification for my new rig...

Check it out and please give me suitable answers soon..:sad:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
@KumarManish:

Nice rig dude!! and nice photos!! but cant view the last couple of pics!! Dont know if they are not downloading or its some other issue!!

Top Bottom