Post your latest Purchase

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^ Believe me it is very fast.Other device is Nokia 5233.My friend uses Enter Bluetooth dongle but his not as fast as frontech :D

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
^^First and foremost CONGRATS MATE...
By the way what wd is it? green, blue or black.

Why didn't you go for 6850 ?

Anyways great buy. Post some pics.
OOPS...it is WD green...i thought i got a good deal u know, black for 2800.
but just checked it...not sure about the RPM...
@ keviv219

Congrats , BTW every hardware worth according to ur needs , as i can see Below ur name GAMING MANIAC - should have purchased HD 6850 or HD 6870

& y did u forgot about MSI P55 GD65 mobo ?? its only 7.8K

DELL monitor is superb buy !!

Thanks guys...i too wanted to go with 6870 but it was unavailable...and they said it would take another 3 days at least for it to arrive..I had a tight budget of 60k and there was no way that i could extend it...also my bro had to put his foot down and asked me not to spend more than 10k for the GFX...and i agreed as 5770 is a good card and many of you guys have used it..I hope it will play all the games at good settings for the next year or so and then i will go for something huge

the MSI P55 GD65 is a good overclocker...but i wanted to go with a board that has USB3.0 and SATA 3 too...the cheapest MSI one was the GD85 for 11k...

keviv219, congrats mate for owning such a powerful system. Now unleash the gaming and do post some pictures.

@Gaming Maniac,
Congrats, indeed it's a great rig. Enjoy it, play hard.
BTW- You don't have to feel that about that PSU, you got what you paid. I have a CM and I know how it is. And hold on, What is Cooler Master Mice Pad? Never heard...
Post some pics if you can.

Thanks will post the pics as soon as i get home..as i am still in delhi..the pad was from coolix some subsidiary of CM...better than the local atleast..the guy said it was priced around Rs.150...

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
OOPS...it is WD green...i thought i got a good deal u know, black for 2800.
but just checked it...not sure about the RPM...

Thanks guys...i too wanted to go with 6870 but it was unavailable...and they said it would take another 3 days at least for it to arrive..I had a tight budget of 60k and there was no way that i could extend it...also my bro had to put his foot down and asked me not to spend more than 10k for the GFX...and i agreed as 5770 is a good card and many of you guys have used it..I hope it will play all the games at good settings for the next year or so and then i will go for something huge

the MSI P55 GD65 is a good overclocker...but i wanted to go with a board that has USB3.0 and SATA 3 too...the cheapest MSI one was the GD85 for 11k...

Thanks will post the pics as soon as i get home..as i am still in delhi..the pad was from coolix some subsidiary of CM...better than the local atleast..the guy said it was priced around Rs.150...
WD greens are somewhere between 5400 to 7200rpm, I'd say about 6000, faster than 5400rpm drives but noitcably slower than 7200rpm, specially the burst speed that influences boot time and system response rate.

kumarmanish

Broken In
Ok guys, My latest purchase(Golchha IT, SP Road , Bangalore) yesterday :
My Configuration stands as follows :
Processor - Intel i5 760
Motherboard - MSI P55-GD65
RAM- Corsair 4GB 1600
HDD - Wester Digital 500GB Green
GPU - XFX 6870 1GB
Cabinet - Cooler Master 690 II Advanced
PSU - Corsair GS600
Monitor - Dell ST2220M LED (Mangalore dealer)
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Side fan for cabinet - Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fan
UPS - APC 1100 VA (Mangalore dealer)
Speakers - Creative EAX Inspire4400(6 years old speakers since my college days :),still going strong)
Keyboard+Mouse - Logitech K200 Combo

Hole in the pocket worth - Rs 67000

Along with this I bought one dual SIM phone - Motorola EX115 for my dad :). I dint like any desi brands like micromax,maxx or karbonn or zen. Build quality of this phone is solid!!

Will post the pics soon :)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Processor - Intel i5 760
RAM- Corsair 4GB 1600
GPU - XFX 6870 1GB
PSU - Corsair GS600
Speakers - Creative EAX Inspire4400(6 years old speakers since my college days :),still going strong)

Along with this I bought one dual SIM phone - Motorola EX115 for my dad :). I dint like any desi brands like micromax,maxx or karbonn or zen. Build quality of this phone is solid!!

Really great purchase bro, really it is a hell of a machine. Congrats for your purchase. If possible could you post the price break up? That would be really helpful for forum members to get an idea of Bangalole street Price of hardware peripherals.

vizkid2005

In the zone
Processor - Intel i5 760
RAM- Corsair 4GB 1600
GPU - XFX 6870 1GB
PSU - Corsair GS600

Please post your buy price for indivisual components ...

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Processor - Intel i5 760
RAM- Corsair 4GB 1600
GPU - XFX 6870 1GB
PSU - Corsair GS600

CONGRATS !! Everything went gr8 , just curious should have bought Corsair TX 750 or TX 850 future sli or crossfire will not be a problem !!

kumarmanish

Broken In
OK, guys I am posting the individual price break of components . All components are from Golchha IT , SP Road , Bangalore except monitor, ups and keyboard mouse combo which I have purchased from local dealer from Mangalore (so these costed a bit higher)
Intel i5 760 - 9800
MSI P55 GD 65 - 7500
Corsair 2 X 2 GB 1600 MHz - 3800
WD 500GB Green - 1700
WD 6870 1GB - 14000
Corsair GS600 - 5200
CM 690 II Advanced - 5200
LG 22X SATA DVD RW - 900
CM Hyper 212+ - 1800
CM 120mm Blue led - 500
-------------------------------
Apply 5% VAT on above
Dell ST2220M LED - 9000
APC 1100VA - 5000

static_x

In the zone
Guys finally I bought ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard....here are the pics..

*i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/pappuchappu/2-7.jpg

*i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/pappuchappu/3-6.jpg

*i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/pappuchappu/1-6.jpg

vizkid2005

In the zone
@ everyone : Guys Kumarmanish got the pricing gr8 !!! Is the price in bangalore lower than Lamington road in Mumbai ??? Or is it same everywhere ???

racdoy

Right off the assembly line
kumarmanish, Could you lemme know the model # of the 4GB ram that you purchased? Is Golchha IT a reputed company? Thanks.

kumarmanish

Broken In
@racdoy : Will post the exact model # of the RAM once I get back home . Yes, its a quality shop. You can find every quality product you need . Or he can arrange it . But guys who were assembling my system missed the front fan connection on my CM 690 II advanced. They also put the side fan as exhaust after I had told them to make it as intake .I corrected these anyways. But before going to any shop do your fair bit of research about everything .

BTW, guys , yesterday I was playing Mass Effect 2 with maxxed out settings and 4 X AA and XFX 6870 managed everything thrown at it effortlessly !!Great card.

One quick question - I have installed 32 bit original Windows 7 Professional and activated with key online yesterday . Is the performance of 32 bit win 7 weak as compared to its 64 bit counterparts In day to day application and gaming ?

virus007

Updating Gaming Rig
@racdoy :
One quick question - I have installed 32 bit original Windows 7 Professional and
activated with key online yesterday . Is the performance of 32 bit win 7 weak as compared
to its 64 bit counterparts In day to day application and gaming ?

You can blindly trust 32bit for another year or two. Reason is Compatibility,
its the most compatible version with every windows software.
All PC games and apps are primarily compiled for 32bit.

64 Bit will utilize and display more RAM if you have 3.5+ GB which is good when you are doing
some huge memory intensive work (A/V editing) with Supported 64 Bit app.
Lots of debate, pros/cons over 32/64 bit, same like when we migrated
from DOS to Win 98 :) . . Till then enjoy your new system with 32 Bit games. . ;-)

Top Bottom