Post your latest Purchase

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
@KumarManish:

Nice rig dude!! and nice photos!! but cant view the last couple of pics!! Dont know if they are not downloading or its some other issue!!

kumarmanish

Broken In
very nice, kumarmanish :)

@KumarManish:

Nice rig dude!! and nice photos!! but cant view the last couple of pics!! Dont know if they are not downloading or its some other issue!!

Thanks abirthedevil , Mario :).

Last of the pics got moved somehow, anyways posting again missing pics -

PSU 1
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6925.jpg

PSU 2
*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6924.jpg

Mobile for Dad :)

*i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/manishkbit/CM_690_II_BUILD/IMG_6954.jpg

Thanks,
Manish

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys, Thanks for all your replies...

Quoting Cilus, buddy, seems like you are suggesting that if I want to game on this rig, I need to put in a GPU AND a good PSU!!! But isnt't Corsair PSUs one of the best? No offence, but did I misread/misunderstand what you meant?

As a matter of fact, I intend to put in a GTX 460 and another 2GB XMS3 Corsair in the system..but will do it next month or the month later....budget problems...:(

But I am confused about one little thing...the motherboard says it supports Direct X 10...but AFAIK GTX460 is a DX11 card...So noob question 1 --> Will ASUS P7H55M-LX run a GTX460? (It does have a PCIX16 slot)

Also, I am concerned about heat levels...and hence intend to put in couple more fans...but will talk about it later once I get the fans...!!

Could someone clear my GPU doubts? Thanks! :)

About the HDD unplug thing, yeah, I agree with what you guys said...but wasnt sure...I never ever heard of anything like that!! But just tell me something...Vedant gave me the HDD in a plastic wrapper...no box nothing...also I have never used a 2 TB SATA before....so what do you guys (those of you who have or are currently using 2TB WD HDDs) feel about its reliability?

Also, someone said that the prices are a few hundred rupees higher..I agree, especially the REAPER cabinet.....I did some searching on this forum...and seems like people have bought the REAPER for 1500 bucks WITH an SMPS inside, just 5 months back and I bought it for 2350 witihout SMPS?? :x:x:x Total bust!! What you ppl say?

Dudes, any answer to my queries?

BTW, hope this is the right thread for this query!!

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

Quoting Cilus, buddy, seems like you are suggesting that if I want to game on this rig, I need to put in a GPU AND a good PSU!!! But isnt't Corsair PSUs one of the best? No offence, but did I misread/misunderstand what you meant?
Yes corsair is the best, but for your rig a much more cheaper PSU would have been enough.
But no harm done. If you buy/ upgrade your PC you can use this PSU.
And yes, if you want to game, you definitely need a graphic card.

As a matter of fact, I intend to put in a GTX 460 and another 2GB XMS3 Corsair in the system..but will do it next month or the month later....budget problems...:(
Brilliant. HD 6850 is also an option.

But I am confused about one little thing...the motherboard says it supports Direct X 10...but AFAIK GTX460 is a DX11 card...So noob question 1 --> Will ASUS P7H55M-LX run a GTX460? (It does have a PCIX16 slot)
Yes. What that means is the onboard gfx card supports DX10. GTX 460 will support DX11

I answered your major queries.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I answered your major queries.

Thanks a ton Ishu!! About HD 6850, guys, how does GTX 460 compare to HD 6850? What about price? I will do some googling on this of course, but just wanted to know your personal opinion (if anyone has used both, may be)

About Corsair PSU, yeah I might upgrade to a i7 870...so thought that I should get a good PSU.

About the DX10 and DX11 confusion, I must say that was a really noob question from me! :p The fact that the mobo has a vga connector should have been enough for me to realize that the DX10 thingy was about the mobo's onboard!! Sorry for a stupid question and thanks for clearing it up!! Cheers!

Well, anyone used a 2 TB WD SATA? How reliable is it? My ATA 40GB SEAGATE lasted 7 years and I am still hoping that I can revive it!! BTW, does anyone know where, in Kol, (if any), can I get my HDD data recovered? What might be the charges?

Cilus

laborare est orare

You are perfectly right buddy, I overlooked tour Corsair VX550. So adding a GTX 460 is a piece of cake. And yes. your mobo will not be having any problem to run any current generation graphics card, no matter if it is DirectX10 or 11.

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Thanks a ton Ishu!! About HD 6850, guys, how does GTX 460 compare to HD 6850? What about price? I will do some googling on this of course, but just wanted to know your personal opinion (if anyone has used both, may be)

About Corsair PSU, yeah I might upgrade to a i7 870...so thought that I should get a good PSU.

About the DX10 and DX11 confusion, I must say that was a really noob question from me! :p The fact that the mobo has a vga connector should have been enough for me to realize that the DX10 thingy was about the mobo's onboard!! Sorry for a stupid question and thanks for clearing it up!! Cheers!

Well, anyone used a 2 TB WD SATA? How reliable is it? My ATA 40GB SEAGATE lasted 7 years and I am still hoping that I can revive it!! BTW, does anyone know where, in Kol, (if any), can I get my HDD data recovered? What might be the charges?

you can get it recovered from seagate service centre(landsdowne street one)also but their charges are very high...
they charge 800 rupees for just 5 gb and then 100 rupees per gb..

you can try getting it recovered in the chandni chowk area..will get you the contact details of some of them tomorrow..:grin::grin:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
you can get it recovered from seagate service centre(landsdowne street one)also but their charges are very high...
they charge 800 rupees for just 5 gb and then 100 rupees per gb..

you can try getting it recovered in the chandni chowk area..will get you the contact details of some of them tomorrow..:grin::grin:

Thanks Nitin... 4300 bucks for 40 GB of data???!!!?? Whoa!! Looking forward to the "Chandni" numbers...how reliable are they???

Cilus, thanks for your comments!!

And Ishu thanks a lot to you for pointing out the HD6850...I did some googling and it seems like the HD6850 is neck and neck with the GTX460....

But tell me something guys, am I correct if I say, that one HD6850 will run 3 monitors at 2560X1600 while to do the same in Nvidia, we will need 2 GTX460s?

Again, it seems that Nvidia has pushed down the GTX 470 price to 259 USD due to the price at which AMD released HD6870!! Is it true that the 470 will be available for less than 14k ??? Whoa!! If that is so, I did definitely go for that when I buy a GPU for my rig....Oh, quick question will my mobo support a 470? I dont see why not, but just want to be sure!!

By the way, WD 2 TB SATA HDD anyone? Is it any good?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^

You are right. Amd provides 3 display support out of the box (eyefinity) and in the other hand nvidia will require an sli to support more than 2( surround vision).

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
And Ishu thanks a lot to you for pointing out the HD6850...I did some googling and it seems like the HD6850 is neck and neck with the GTX460....
HD6850 is slightly ahead 460 in gaming.If you need CUDA get GTS460

But tell me something guys, am I correct if I say, that one HD6850 will run 3 monitors at 2560X1600 while to do the same in Nvidia, we will need 2 GTX460s?
Correct

Again, it seems that Nvidia has pushed down the GTX 470 price to 259 USD due to the price at which AMD released HD6870!! Is it true that the 470 will be available for less than 14k ??? Whoa!! If that is so, I did definitely go for that when I buy a GPU for my rig....Oh, quick question will my mobo support a 470? I dont see why not, but just want to be sure!!
470 heats up a lot. I would go with a HD6870.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
HD6850 is slightly ahead 460 in gaming.If you need CUDA get GTS460

Correct

470 heats up a lot. I would go with a HD6870.

From what I read, the HD6850 definitely is ahead of the GTX460 but only the stock one!! The board partners OCed 460s definitely beat the 6850 but 10 fps plus minus hardly matters I think!!!!!! 6870 seems to be the better choice, if you ask me!! I read about CUDA but dont remember what it is now!! What would I need CUDA for? Any pointers??

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
Something that requires a lot of calculations. Depends on whether a program supports it.

And
GTX 460 @ 10k
HD6850 @ 11.5k
GTX 460 Cyclone @ 12.8k

IMO get the 6850 and OC it yourself later.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
^
Something that requires a lot of calculations. Depends on whether a program supports it.

And
GTX 460 @ 10k
HD6850 @ 11.5k
GTX 460 Cyclone @ 12.8k

IMO get the 6850 and OC it yourself later.

Thankz for all your help...I think if I do shift to Camp Red, I will go for the 6870, rather than the 6850....and if I stick to Camp green...may be 470 or 480.....not sure if 550W is enough for a 480 though!!!! :?::?::?:

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
@kumarmanish

Congtars buddy....:)
U r on a shopping spree ?
BTW,pls post the price of those products and the place from where did u buy those things.....

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Thankz for all your help...I think if I do shift to Camp Red, I will go for the 6870, rather than the 6850....and if I stick to Camp green...may be 470 or 480.....not sure if 550W is enough for a 480 though!!!! :?::?::?:

I wouldn't buy 470 or 480. They heat up too much and are power hungry.

And I suggest you make a new thread as we are cluttering this one. And waiting for new cards would make sense as both Red and Green are launching new products. Price cuts might come.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
@Mario

GTX570 and GTX580 have been launched buddy which are much cooler and less power hungry. so at this point don't even think of the 470 and 480 :)

and btw GTX460 has much overclocking headroom than 6850 and 6870. the GTX460 Hawk version will almost equal the performance of a 6870 for much less cost. if going for 460 get atleast the cyclone version if not the HAWK. in some games 6870 has some upper hand like COD:BO. so do read a lot of reviews and find out the performance for the specific games you play.

I personally think 570 would be a good option at present. it's yet to hit the markets though.

and yes sorry for so much OT :p

_

virus007

Updating Gaming Rig
Thankz for all your help...I think if I do shift to Camp Red, I will go for the 6870, rather than the 6850....
and if I stick to Camp green...may be 470 or 480.....not sure if 550W
is enough for a 480 though!!!! :?::?::?:

GTX 470 is one damn good card, running 1920x1080 games are piece of cake on it.

Three yrs ago I purchased CM-600W PSU for my future use :lol: , this PSU practically
gives 500W efficient output and on it I'm running
GTX470 + C2D OC + 3GB DDR2 + Audigy2 + DVD-RW + 2 Black(RAID 0)
+ 2 Green (Storage)+ HAF-X fans + Kaze Server + 4 CCFL + 1Ultra Kaze 3000RPM.

Compared to mine your PSU gives ~ 90% efficiency. it can
surely run a GTX470 (better wait and get a GTX570).

For 2TB, don't give it jerk while it is accessing data and make sure your electricals
have proper earthing.

If you already have 3 monitors then DO go for Red Camp Eyefinity.
Else, save money for big bang. . . :wink:

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Can someone recommend me a laptop within 70k range??did post a thread but didnt get satisfactory answers..
click here to get to the thread...

Top Bottom