Post your latest Purchase

hdknitro

bringing the world down
@ hdknitro - Congrats dude for both d products!!6870:doublethumb:..Nice upgrade frm 9800GTX!!Where dija buy d GPU frm?Local retailer or online store?n how much did it cost ya?

@ hdknitro
Good purchase mate. You'll definitely see a good performance increase in latest games like metro 2033, and the upcoming crysis2.

How did you shell out for the card and mouse?

@hdknitro, congrats buddy. first AMD 6-series owner of TDF?

Thanks a ton guys
and i bought the GPU from a guy who a comp hardware dealership, my father knows him well. He discounted it a bit and gave me in 15K. It is available in Nehru Place at around 16K(SMC).

And bought the razer from SMC at Rs1300/-
Also replaced my old 5400RPM 1TB HDD with a 7200RPM 1TB HDD.
Playing Farcry 2 again, I am in love with the Graphics

ssb1551

Technomancer
1k off!!:greedy:..DAMN lucky guy!U must b playin games all d time now!:D..R u usin GX650 wid ur 6870 card?vickybat told me GX series frm CM is quite good!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
ssb1551, are you from BBSR? If yes, then where? I live in Sailashree Vihar in Chandrasekhar Poor. And vickybat, Cuttack in the place where I stay most of the times during my weekend. My aunt lives there in Tinkoniya Baghicha. In fact my last computer build is for my cousin brothers in Cuttack.
So we are basically neighbors.

ssb1551, you can check the shop "THE COMPUTER HOUSE" in Saheed Nagar. The address is 221, Saheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar-7. Contact number is 09438294666/ 0674-2544036. The person is Sanjay Singh. They have good collection of hardware.

ssb1551

Technomancer
hey Cilus u know of any shops in BBSR where I cn sell my old CPU n RAM!!I bot a new rig(CPU+MoBo+RAM+Cabby) couple of months bk so tryin to get rid of d old 1.Any idea of such shops?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ cilus & ssb1551

Thats really good to know guys. But in my case i guess i'll settle in bangalore when my internship gets over. Will buy a new rig there but this time with my own hard earned money.

By the way cilus what platform you're working on in infy?

Cilus

laborare est orare
hey Cilus u know of any shops in BBSR where I cn sell my old CPU n RAM!!I bot a new rig(CPU+MoBo+RAM+Cabby) couple of months bk so tryin to get rid of d old 1.Any idea of such shops?

Check your pm.

And vickybat, my platform is dot net and Cocoa.

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ cilus & ssb1551

Thats really good to know guys. But in my case i guess i'll settle in bangalore when my internship gets over.

Dude even I'm plannin to settle outside Orissa coz not used to Oriya ways since childhood.1st part of schoolin outside Orissa n entire engg too outside so feelin awkward here.Where dija do ur Engg?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Check your pm.

And vickybat, my platform is dot net and Cocoa.

Thats great buddy. I am doin my internship in siebel. Even oracle(sql & plsql).

And cilus bro , even i want to sell my 8600gt and my old apc 500va so can you please tell me a shop?

@ ssb1551

Buddy i have done my engg. in electronics and telecommunications from DRIEMS in cuttack tangi. It come under bput ( bijupattnaik university of technology).

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Wats ur budget?1 of my cozs uses Arctic Sound P311.I forgot how much did it cost him.I'll ask him n let u know.

virus007

Updating Gaming Rig
Hi Guys,
Long time to post my updates, so here are fews.

1. 1. Razer Megasoma Mouse Pad (very expensive for a mouse pad :-D )
    This mouse pad came rolled in a very nice transparent plastic box with magnetic closure
    and in black-green color outer box.
    Special thing about it is that it glows in dark with Razer frag fluorescent logo
    and it has a DAMN good grip on the desk and very smooth surface (nice for mouse feet).

2. 2. Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Gaming Mouse (3400/- inc Tax)
    Didn't find it in SP Road, so ordered from Chennai.
    It is an amazing wireless mouse, good grip for my hand, very good battery life, works on any surface (tested),
    if battery is dead just put a regular AA or simply connect to its magnetic cable charger.
    Reason I chose this over Razer is, I can use mouse even if battery is not installed in mouse,
    else i can charge mouse while it is in use. It works as fast as any
    high end corded mouse (didn't feel any lag even in Quake Live, WaW, MW, Crysis, Metro, L4D2 etc.)

3. 3. MSI GTX 470 Graphics Card (18000/- inc Tax)
    Replace my 7600GT card (already completed Crysis Warhead on 7600GT). Now playing latest game
    in 19" 1440x900 resolution on my C2D E4300 processor. Though processor is bottleneck
    but this GPU handles it pretty well (18+ FPS in Metro 2033, Prototype and 35+ in all other games).
    GPU Temperature goes upto 96 Degree and fan 5000+ RPM.

I chose the nVidia because of its CUDA technology, now it takes only 30 min to convert
    a 900 MB video file to MP4 using this card compared to 2-3 HOURS with CPU only.

4. 4. My old Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard (4350/- inc Tax in Year 2008)
    My 2.5 years old keyboard.

Here are some snaps .....

*img46.imageshack.us/img46/2599/access3.jpg

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/9012/accessdsc06469.jpg

*img255.imageshack.us/img255/4162/access2dsc06469.jpg

Product Reference Images:

Mousepad packing
*img13.imageshack.us/img13/6115/dsc06591f.jpg

Glowing in dark
*img690.imageshack.us/img690/2285/razermegasomaglow.jpg

X8 Mouse Package
*img51.imageshack.us/img51/6462/microsoftsidewinderx8do.jpg