Post your latest Purchase

Piyush

Lanaya
Memory bus comes to play at very high resolutions and with high aa settings, otherwise the GPU chip has to work most, the 5830 is cut too short, with ROP halved to 16, and TUs cut down to 56 this card is actually a broken HD5870, consumes more power than HD5850 and is generates heat compared to HD5870 levels, its like the GTX465, absolutely useless, read this excellent article: AMD?s Radeon HD 5830: A Filler Card at the Wrong Price - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

wow man!!
that was really informative
thanks

so i'll either buy 5850 just after the launch of 6xxx series or will wait for 6xxx series as told by pulsar

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Yep i would like to but i suck in cable management , its a big mess inside my cabinet :lol: . please enlighten me on this .

yes. thats absolutely true. very less provision for cable management. currently my PSU having a 12V cable problem, so my cabby even a bigger mess. will sort it out once i able fix it.

rajan1311

Padawan
Got the sennheiser HD201 for Rs1300. Kinda disappointed with the sound quality, pretty much as good as my Motorola headphones, but these are more comfortable, better for long usage i guess....will post pics in the morning.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Got the sennheiser HD201 for Rs1300. Kinda disappointed with the sound quality, pretty much as good as my Motorola headphones, but these are more comfortable, better for long usage i guess....will post pics in the morning.

yeah the sound quality is not that stellar, but I heard from members in other forums that if driven by a good sound card or amplifier they sound great. and for long long duration they are really good.

_

tkin

Back to school!!
wow man!!
that was really informative
thanks

so i'll either buy 5850 just after the launch of 6xxx series or will wait for 6xxx series as told by pulsar
If you want to buy a midrange HD6xxx you'll have to wait till November-December at least, also theres no guarantee that the midrange part will launch this year, also HD6xxx will be a minor speed bump(like hd4890) no architectural change till Q4 2011(when 28nm fab process launches), if you need a good card you can buy a HD5850 or if you can wait then wait a bit till HD5850/5870 prices fall, although HD5870 has its position secured now but HD5850 may need to drop in future, specially when pre-oc'ed GTX460 comes very close to it.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
yeah the sound quality is not that stellar, but I heard from members in other forums that if driven by a good sound card or amplifier they sound great. and for long long duration they are really good.

_
i heard that these headphones do not sound good in the first try
they have to be "seasoned"(or burned in) for 30 hrs(7.5hrsx4) using high bass,treble rock music
after that the real sweetness comes!!!:)

hope this helped!!:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If you want to buy a midrange HD6xxx you'll have to wait till November-December at least, also theres no guarantee that the midrange part will launch this year, also HD6xxx will be a minor speed bump(like hd4890) no architectural change till Q4 2011(when 28nm fab process launches), if you need a good card you can buy a HD5850 or if you can wait then wait a bit till HD5850/5870 prices fall, although HD5870 has its position secured now but HD5850 may need to drop in future, specially when pre-oc'ed GTX460 comes very close to it.

actually, as GTX465 was a big flop. so rumors are, a GTX475 or say a fully unlocked GTX460 will be launched by the end of 2010. than it'll give a better competation. than we can expect ATI think about a price cut. for now, they having a shower of money.

rajan1311

Padawan
I have a Fiio E3, ill try it with that and see (need to buy the battery :p). I tried the HD202 also, as advertised, it did have better bass, but then they were not that comfortable....were resting on the ears instead of around (small part).

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
just made a new opinion poll guys!!
be sure to visit!!!:-D
the link is:-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/130670-any-cm-310-users-out-there.html

Piyush

Lanaya

so ...umm..its kinda difficult
r u sure there will be no major difference btween 5xxx and 6xxx cards
if it is so then i'll go for 5850 as the price falls
what will be the optimum time for buying this/similar card
i'm in no hurry

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
so ...umm..its kinda difficult
r u sure there will be no major difference btween 5xxx and 6xxx cards
if it is so then i'll go for 5850 as the price falls
what will be the optimum time for buying this/similar card
i'm in no hurry
there is no optimum time for buying computer goods
you wait for one thing for a few days till price drop,
then some better card comes causing the price to drop,
now you want the better card at the same price and decide waiting for few more months,
and this will continue!!!
this happened with me!!

Piyush

Lanaya
there is no optimum time for buying computer goods
you wait for one thing for a few days till price drop,
then some better card comes causing the price to drop,
now you want the better card at the same price and decide waiting for few more months,
and this will continue!!!
this happened with me!!

now this is making me sick
i dunno when to buy
and i just hate when i buy a component and next day its price drops

i'll tell u one example

when i bought my pc:
500gb seagate ->2100
after next week->1950

athlon 635->5400
after next week->4900

880 gma->6200
after next week->5800

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yesterday bought :p

a CM Elite 430 Cabinet @ 2850
1 120mm CM Blue LED Fan @ 480
2x 120mm CM non led fan @ 225 each

Prices are exclusive of taxes

from MD computers.

tkin

Back to school!!
yesterday bought :p

a CM Elite 430 Cabinet @ 2850
1 120mm CM Blue LED Fan @ 480
2x 120mm CM non led fan @ 225 each

Prices are exclusive of taxes

from MD computers.
The cabinet looks damn cool. post some pics will you? Also measure the temp differences between the previous and the new cabinet. I'm planning to get a new cabby in October, I was eying the CM690 but CM430 looks good VFM.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@topgear, congrats. that cabby with those extra fans will perform way better (of course look wise too) than any cabby in its range. now time for some pics :smile:

Top Bottom