Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Talking about dumbest things...

My so called it engineer friend recently upgraded his 5 y/o desktop. Bought everything new except the cabinet. When i asked why he said it isn't needed, and doesn't make any difference to the pc.

many people think that way. They also ignore the PSU. :facepalm:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
many people think that way. They also ignore the PSU. :facepalm:

i for one did exactly that.. Why you ask ? because cabinet and RAM and HDD can be purchased later, the core components are very hard to upgrade.. Its better to cut costs that way and purchase powerful GPU/CPU/PSU..
later on, purchase a better cabinet

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Talking about dumbest things...

My so called it engineer friend recently upgraded his 5 y/o desktop. Bought everything new except the cabinet. When i asked why he said it isn't needed, and doesn't make any difference to the pc.

On my last upgrade, I did something similar.
Upgraded everything as I wanted but bought a cheap Cabinet .... Big mistake that was.. I regret that decision. Now I have to go looking for a Graphics Card that is 9'' or less.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
On my last upgrade, I did something similar.
Upgraded everything as I wanted but bought a cheap Cabinet .... Big mistake that was.. I regret that decision. Now I have to go looking for a Graphics Card that is 9'' or less.

In your case yes.. But I got a HAF 922 that i bought 2 upgrades back. And I have a tx650 for PSU. I dont upgrade them unless they go kaput or be useless later. Nothing wrong in it.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
i signed only one online petition in my life. that was against the normalisation in jee main ranks.
nothing happened.
i totally lost faith in online petions, not that i had any faith, but felt like ****.

I remember that... You started a thread or something, right??? Or was it a link in your signature!!!

Superayush

Tech lover
i signed only one online petition in my life. that was against the normalisation in jee main ranks.
nothing happened.
i totally lost faith in online petions, not that i had any faith, but felt like ****.

Is there one for reservation of seats? I would like to sign that one :)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
so i was in this shop(i'm a regular customer there), a kid around 10 years was looking for games there(pirated obviously, he wouldn't know that those are illegal :lol:). he said, uncle maine yahan se GTA san andreas and GTA vice city liya tha, dono nahi chala, graphics card tha fir bhi nahi chala :p then i said, tune crack use kiya tha? and he was like wtf is a crack?? :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

and then he was looking to buy 'single dvd' games and asked the shopkeeper how much GTA 8 would cost :shock::shock::lol::lol: then i kept quite, did my work and then returned home quietly.

- - - Updated - - -

*www.wpcentral.com/comment/969421#comment-969421

Is Red light areas shown up too?

:lol: :lol: bing, just being bing :p

ankush28

Bazinga
^^ What more you can expect from 10 year kid??
I think he was talking about GTA5 as its 8th game in series.(correct me if I'm wrong)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Gta 3, Gta 4 : vice city, Gta 5 : San andreas, Gta 6 = GTA 4, Gta 7 : Lost and the damned/Ballad of Gay tony , Gta 8 = Gta 8
Noob logic

kaz

right here
But he was just 10years old :) One of my engineering friend always comes to me to get IDM cracked and goes back and updates it when they ask to...This repeats every month... :evil:

When I was 10, I was crazy for Road Rash :razz:
And I remember my lil bro had his hand folded at 90 degrees after vaccination and he said it hurts to straighten, but as soon he got controllers in his hand it straightened automatically :p
BRING BACK THOSE DAYS...PLEASE GOD :cry:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
*puu.sh/99YL8/3d4b12ebce.JPG

too much waste of money for one pic

>non 'k' Intel CPU
>buys Z87 mobo
>buys liquid cooling solutions
>1.25 lakh rig
>buys R9 280X
>buys 750W PSU for R9 280X
>buys Evo instead of Pro