Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

flyingcow

Shibe
i purposefully give shortcuts to friends and tell them that the game doiesnt work without a GPU :twisted:
i feel sorry for them but they keep bugging me..asking me to give them crysis 2, skyrim etc that they would play on poor igpus...
they even ask me to give them PS3 games to play on their PC (GTA V especially) i explain to them that it doesnt work this way, but they say"arey chal jayega tu de bas"
after i still refuse they give me mean silent looks making me feel bad.. they also ask for original cd's with cd key activated, and say the same thing "arey tu de bas main chala lunga"
and then call me saying "are crack kaha se lu?? yeh torrent site pe ladkiyo ki pictures aa rahi hai, tu karke de na".. :lol:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
they even ask me to give them PS3 games to play on their PC (GTA V especially) i explain to them that it doesnt work this way, but they say"arey chal jayega tu de bas"
after i still refuse they give me mean silent looks making me feel bad..:

dat ignorance....hte these kind of noobs...don't know sh#t and act so ignorant.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
this reminds me of an incident.
When i was 11 years old(not sure about the age tho),my sis bought the first Apple product, an iPod shuffle third gen(as we never had used an Apple product before so) she thought it was plug and play and copied the songs directly. So as expected it wasn't working, and we went to the shop and he said we need iTunes to 'copy' songs to it and when we asked him to give us a copy of iTunes, he just gave us a shortcut :facepalm: and let me tell you that was a original ''Apple'' shop :facepalm:
Not likely, most probably it was a premium reseller...

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Not likely, most probably it was a premium reseller...

idk..but it was either Planet M or an Apple store as both opened in a short time at the same place after one another and we bought stuff from both the shops...still either PlanetM or Apple, copying shortcuts is dumb.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Apple does not have official stores in India yet, only resellers. iStore (changed now) from reliance or maple or other exclusively apple stores are still resellers
They expect you to download from net or get latest version from Digit DVDs

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@flyingcow : You are a basa$$ :)

Reported that dumb comment, however Flipkart never bothers to do anything.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Well to be fair enough, it's only those people who unaware about the intricacies of technology make such ignorant comments.

For eg back in the old days(1996-97) when my dad bought home our first PC(windows 95,Pentium 1 Processor,16 MB RAM , 1 GB HD)

I used to think that email addresses(@example.com) were actually websites which would open up in IE :).

I am pretty sure if some doctor asks's us something about some medicine or operation, he/she would be laughing his/her ass off at our ignorance :)

Cheers!
Abhijit

snap

Lurker
Well to be fair enough, it's only those people who unaware about the intricacies of technology make such ignorant comments.

For eg back in the old days(1996-97) when my dad bought home our first PC(windows 95,Pentium 1 Processor,16 MB RAM , 1 GB HD)

I used to think that email addresses(@example.com) were actually websites which would open up in IE :).

I am pretty sure if some doctor asks's us something about some medicine or operation, he/she would be laughing his/her ass off at our ignorance :)

Cheers!
Abhijit

I mean we don't take specialized courses to gain our knowledge unlike them doctors, most if this is just common sense

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I mean we don't take specialized courses to gain our knowledge unlike them doctors, most if this is just common sense

Well not for everybody, one would like to think that way but from what I have seen that isn't the case.I have met people who are top of the class in their respective subject's and yet they don't know how download and run torrent.

I believe all this tech stuff(like every other subject in this world) requires a specific skillset and people who dont possess it remain oblivious

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Both of you are right. There are persons who are top in their field of work, who don't know crap about technology, and I respect them, cause to get to their position I would have to let my brain explode, cause I am lazy. That being said, when I see my friends, Masters of Computer Application, Computer Engineer, Software Engineer, and those sort of 'masters' and yet the reply me back in SMS what is x64 and x86 you are talking about, well dude, I can't really write how I feel. How on earth could some persons don't know these basic stuffs after reading thousands and thousands of pages, I literally have no idea.
There is nothing pathetic than bookish knowledge only.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
This happened about two months back in college. My friend had to buy a laptop so I suggested an a10 config. Now this friend is illiterate about technology, so he went forward to ask a female cse teacher about this processor. The teacher's reply: "what is amd? I think Intel makes processors"

Top Bottom