Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
random old man in train telling everyone "whatsapp has released update that allows for free calling. update should come any time now. they have released update, but there are legal problems, so the update is not being allowed to downloaded."
many times, when such things happen, I just let it pass to avoid an argument or to make someone look stupid.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
random old man in train telling everyone "whatsapp has released update that allows for free calling. update should come any time now. they have released update, but there are legal problems, so the update is not being allowed to downloaded."
many times, when such things happen, I just let it pass to avoid an argument or to make someone look stupid.

LOL, same here. I's a waste of time to explain things to such people.

This was said by an IT manager of a Tier 1 LCD and appliances manufacturers who happens to make more stuff than that. When I asked why don't they introduce panels with IPS panel, he said in front of all the journalists that "Because the object on the screen usually creates shadow, therefore distorts the image. So we don't want such screens here."

What's sad is that such people don't make an effort to learn further even if you point out the mistakes.

What's up with that custom user title??

Shiva

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
my friend got a new gpu

me-what gpu did you get?
friend-nVidia
me-i mean which model?
Friend-2gb one.it can play all the games like san andreas,assassins cree and even crysis(1)!!
me- but what model?
Friend-maine bola na 2gb wala
me-cool. :| *flees*

2 days later i went to his house and checked...it was a 210 :|

another (slightly related)

so after this i went to like 5 shops and asked for a gpu that'll play latest games on med-high

the convo at everyshop-
sk=shopkeeper

me-bhaiya ek graphics card dikhaeyega jisme sab naya naya game chal jae med-high men

sk-takes out a 210

me-iske alawa koi?

sk- takes out a 2gb variant

me-aur koi?

sk- bhai abi market men sabse aacha yahi graphics card hai..sab chal jaega. :facepalm:

me-thik hai bhaiya aap hi rakhiye *flees*

one shop i just asked do they keep ssds?they were like what is a ssd? :facepalm:

Damn these good for nothin *******s..

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
my friend got a new gpu

me-what gpu did you get?
friend-nVidia
me-i mean which model?
Friend-2gb one.it can play all the games like san andreas,assassins cree and even crysis(1)!!
me- but what model?

so after this i went to like 5 shops and asked for a gpu that'll play latest games on med-high

the convo at everyshop-
sk=shopkeeper

me-bhaiya ek graphics card dikhaeyega jisme sab naya naya game chal jae med-high men

sk-takes out a 210

me-iske alawa koi?

me-aur koi?

sk- bhai abi market men sabse aacha yahi graphics card hai..sab chal jaega. :facepalm:

one shop i just asked do they keep ssds?they were like what is a ssd? :facepalm:

It's not their fault. I am gonna quote a shopkeeper which was trying to sell me a local Thermal paste saying that it Cooler master.
Me: I want Arctic Silver V.
Shopkeeper:Agar itna pata hota toh yeh naukri tohri karte.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
my friend got a new gpu

me-what gpu did you get?
friend-nVidia
me-i mean which model?
me- but what model?

the convo at everyshop-
sk=shopkeeper

sk-takes out a 210

me-iske alawa koi?

me-aur koi?

but there are pro shops where the shopkeepers know what he is selling like golcha it here at Bangalore when i was purchasing my frnds rig i was thinking of titan he said dnt buy it it just costly and no game will utilize 6gb vram.............. also i got quote from all the shops in sp road his was the less that's why that guy sell his stuff with a huge attitude saying lena hai to lo warna jao......

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
but there are pro shops where the shopkeepers know what he is selling like golcha it here at Bangalore when i was purchasing my frnds rig i was thinking of titan he said dnt buy it it just costly and no game will utilize 6gb vram.............. also i got quote from all the shops in sp road his was the less that's why that guy sell his stuff with a huge attitude saying lena hai to lo warna jao......

First kind of guys are rare and good. Besides Bangalore is Silicon Valley of India, it'd be a shame if there such guys didn't exist. Here in Dehradun, a shopkeeper tells me Sony Xperia SP is better than LG Nexus 4 just because Sony processors are better than LG ones. :facepalm:

$hadow

Geek in making
IMG_19376531879482.jpeg

m just mad at em fir misleading peole to buy a 210...and my dad is also one of their victim. :'(

This is very common. My dad too was a victim 2yrs back. Had asked to a GPU. He asked a friend of his and he promptly got a GT 210.

Trying to change that. Asked dad for a new one in Jan. He made me wait for 2months!!! :evil:

Then he asked this same man, who calls up an "expert" :lol: and

Friend: Aye, tell me a good graphic card to play games.
(he starts telling smthing, me waiting expectantly. wondering if he will say GT210 )
He asks me to open browser...
F: Yes, Asus, which model??
I open Asus Website.....
F:Ahh,, GT210!
Me:( :lol: :D ) :yeahright:

Manage to change his mind and he agrees to get HD7770+VP450P after 2days of pleading. Tells me to wait till 15th.

I think all shopkeepers have a deal with Asus to push this card, as everywhere i go, GT210 is the " Best Grapgic Card to play games on" :censored::conspiracy:

Shiva

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
This is very common. My dad too was a victim 2yrs back. Had asked to a GPU. He asked a friend of his and he promptly got a GT 210.

Trying to change that. Asked dad for a new one in Jan. He made me wait for 2months!!! :evil:

(he starts telling smthing, me waiting expectantly. wondering if he will say GT210 )
I open Asus Website.....

Manage to change his mind and he agrees to get HD7770+VP450P after 2days of pleading. Tells me to wait till 15th.

I think all shopkeepers have a deal with Asus to push this card, as everywhere i go, GT210 is the " Best Grapgic Card to play games on" :censored::conspiracy:

Shiva

Tell them.........I want a demo.
Then your arsenal, in your HDD put pre-installed Company of Heroes 2, Crysis 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 all set to max.
Tell the shopkeeper:- gimme 1 min and I'll do "Kirtan" to your GT 210.

^^^ :)):high5:

I can just imagine smoke coming out of the cabby as crysis makes mincement out of it :lol: I doubt whether it will even play the cutscences!!!

Crysis, AC4, COH2 vs. GT210 ->> :bandanafighter: GT210 :machinegun2::wwe::hitman::owned: :stamp:

PC:100 GT210: -100

On a Smiley Addiction :D

Shiva

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

I open Asus Website.....

Shiva

:lol:

Seriously.. Even the first time i went for a GPU, i got a GT 520.

Mind you i was a noob back then... I meekly submitted. Thank god i had a CRT back then with 1024x768 res.. So i didnt feel much difficulty.

Now when i think about it.. :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Then your arsenal, in your HDD put pre-installed Company of Heroes 2, Crysis 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 all set to max.

Kirtan :lol:

aaruni

The Linux Guy

Kirtan! xDD!!!

Also, you forgot Metro 2033, all maxed out!

Top Bottom