Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

d3p

PowerHouse
This may not be the Dumbest thing, but even worst than that !!

Source : Woman buys Apple phones online, conned into paying $1200 for 2 apples

Melbourne: A 21-year-old Australian woman who was trying to buy Apple smartphones online was conned into paying USD 1,200 for two edible apples!

The woman, who has not been named, had posted an ad on website Gumtree asking to buy two Apple smartphones. She was soon contacted by another woman who said she had 'two Apples' for sale.

They met at a McDonald's restaurant where the woman handed over the money for what she thought were two new smartphone boxes. The buyer did not check inside the boxes and on arriving home found they contained real apples.

*static.ibnlive.in.com/ibnlive/pix/sitepix/08_2013/apple-iphone-box-040813.jpg

Senior Constable Jess Hopkin of the Crime Prevention Unit in Upper Mt Gravatt, near Brisbane, warned people to be careful when buying things online, according to 'Herald Sun'. "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. It's really just common sense," said Hopkin.

Gumtree spokeswoman Niki Hennessy said the company took the safety and security of its users seriously. "We are continually improving processes and user education to make Gumtree the safest possible platform for buying and selling," she said.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Height of Noobness
Dept. Of Education bought 3000 licenses of Quick Heal AV worth Rs 14 lakhs at a price of 1.29 Crores. (comes to rs 4300 per license selling price)

I am very impressed with the quick heal sales lead, he managed to sell and get a huge deal, he is certainly going to get a huge bonus.
I work in the software industry, and I have seen the high flying, highly paid sales director fly across the world selling our software licenses in bulk to random people, they just buy it... LOL... damn.. good.

what you should understand is, the govt don't want to buy it, the sales people contact, convince and win.
also the procurement team at govt side is involved, some bribe is also involved... its a win win for them... loss for the country.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I think that the dumbest thing on Internet is the Noobs uploading videos on YouTube of their capture of Indian Railways' trains. That must be in Gigabytes if not in Terabytes.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
In my college, 70% of the faculty is pursuing mtech from the same college itself. They have a subject 'parallel computing' in which they are also taught about gpu computing. Now the best part is, even after clearing the semester, everything thinks gpus are available only in the form of clusters costing lakhs of rupees. When I told them that I had an nvidia gpu earlier, they were shocked as hell. They still dont know know that a graphic card contains a gpu.

If they're faculty, WHAT THE HELL are you doing in that college?!

ashs1

Padawan
^ LOL.i just searched for WDp4 in youtube & i founds loads of train videos.. :O @__@

why the hell do they post these videos ?? whats the motive behind these videos ?? is it fun watching trains pass by ?? :S

& oh god,..those names..WDP4 shocking & roaring & devastating..lol.. :D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
So my friend was buying a new phone(10k),I said go for Lumia or Xolo,he said no lumia it doesn't support temple run 2 first facepalm, getting a phone judging on TEMPLE RUN ??? Then my another friend said get S duos,he has it and it;s awesome
Then I said,Don't get that it has a weak old cpu blah blag,then the friend who has it said,I know(I think he doesn't) but the phone is awesome,it worth every penny :facepalm:-And yeah he had a twinkle in his eye like sheldon cooper
I Said just get xolo it's much better.
Then they said why am I behind Xolo,
I said Any android under 15k wont be smooth. and xolo is much better than that S duos.
I thought let these guys buy what they want and kept quiet

.jRay.

Youngling
So my friend was buying a new phone(10k),I said go for Lumia or Xolo,he said no lumia it doesn't support temple run 2 first facepalm, getting a phone judging on TEMPLE RUN ??? Then my another friend said get S duos,he has it and it;s awesome
Then I said,Don't get that it has a weak old cpu blah blag,then the friend who has it said,I know(I think he doesn't) but the phone is awesome,it worth every penny :facepalm:-And yeah he had a twinkle in his eye like sheldon cooper
I Said just get xolo it's much better.
Then they said why am I behind Xolo,
I said Any android under 15k wont be smooth. and xolo is much better than that S duos.
I thought let these guys buy what they want and kept quiet

Lol. Guys like these are the reason Samsung has huge profits. :-D:-D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Seriously,TWO of my friends
1 is said dont but s duos get S advance comes with S Duos
Another one started with HTC desire to grand I told him get X.L he comes with g.grand

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
why the hell do they post these videos ?? whats the motive behind these videos ?? is it fun watching trains pass by ?? :S
& oh god,..those names..WDP4 shocking & roaring & devastating..lol.. :D
I think they live in their own Noob planet. A meagre speed of 80-120 kmph will get them out of their seats..

Hrishi

There was this Faculty at N*IT , teaching Java Programming Course to one of my friend , who is in High School.
The faculty was inserting the USB Drive in HDMI jack of the Graphic Card in the rear of the Cabinet.When someone helped her out , she started complaining to the lab incharge that why the hell they keep upgrading and making things more complicated.!!!! :p

I Still wonder , what she teaches those kids about Java. Dayum!!!! The level of education in India.

Flash

Lost in speed
The faculty was inserting the USB Drive in HDMI jack of the Graphic Card in the rear of the Cabinet.When someone helped her out , she started complaining to the lab incharge that why the hell they keep upgrading and making things more complicated.!!!! :p

I Still wonder , what she teaches those kids about Java. Dayum!!!! The level of education in India.
:lol: Next time, show her the DVI port and say this is USB 4.0 Type C .. :lol:

d3p

PowerHouse
There was this Faculty at N*IT , teaching Java Programming Course to one of my friend , who is in High School.

Well there's nothing wrong with the education system in India, its more of people.

I doubt, they have ever seen DVI or HDMI during their academics, so there's nothing wrong in admitting it.

Forget about your Faculty, there are even people who owns High End RIG's in this forum, who still wonders what a DP & DVI cable looks like ??

Period....

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ I have been realizing it of late, a rich guy will just hire a techie to setup his home theater and forget about it while he enjoys life. does not care what dvi hdmi is.. works then great, else call that support guy home to fix..
is he a n00b uneducated dumb a.s.s ? probably not, he is more highly educated, has great job and also has traveled around the world, has great experiences to share! not n00b.

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ I have been realizing it of late, a rich guy will just hire a techie to setup his home theater and forget about it while he enjoys life. does not care what dvi hdmi is.. works then great, else call that support guy home to fix..
is he a n00b uneducated dumb a.s.s ? probably not, he is more highly educated, has great job and also has traveled around the world, has great experiences to share! not n00b.

Not Knowing things is necessarily called as N00b, but Goofing things will.

Hrishi

When you have a laptop and and a usb drive and you still plug it in HDMI port, of another PC .What should I call that person ?
Isn't that dumb enough that being an IT faculty one should be aware of basic peripherals and common stuff. ?

:lol: Next time, show her the DVI port and say this is USB 4.0 Type C .. :lol:

She ain't my faculty or else I would have given her a joke of lifetime. Unfortunately those kids . :(

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
no listen, my Director is kick ass programmer, he is now old, he does not know about many of the latest gadgets and stuff.....knows hdmi though.... duh.... is he a n00b ?
he has written bad ass software at Adobe.. that will make us look like n00bs..

Top Bottom