Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Now ubuntu become popular, still only ubuntu is known by the people not other distro. I personally used 5 different distro in virtual box and 1 in laptop. Distro is better than windows. I only use window 7 for gaming. In my opinion if u don't do pc gaming then linux is the best of the best OS. Distro is free free free...

That's what I wrote. Most of the people know just "linux", and those who know about ditros, Ubuntu is the unanimous voice.

Totally wrong. 99% of the people, who know about 2 OS', their second OS is always Linux/Ubuntu (mostly former), no mac at all.

Hey i had same problem my rediffmail email got infected and was spamming weight loss emails to all my contacts.
Any1 knows how it got hacked??

It just happens sometimes. My gmail id was once (twice) hacked by someone, regardless of my online carefulness. No spamming was done though.

And for all those english bashers/teachers, please take a break to learn some ethics and then come back.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
That boss is an undercover QuickHeal promoter. Maybe he himself infected the pcs to sell more quick heal. But wait, how is that possible we have quick heal installed on that system? it can not be infected find out what was the problem. it's not infected as you are saying.
it's cant be infected it has antivirus installed and updated till date. you are making an excuse coz you don't know what happened don't you?

i thik this line will be famous for trolls..........

I highly agree with your intention.. :)

what is a distro ???

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
And for all those english bashers/teachers, please take a break to learn some ethics and then come back.

It was hard to read and understand what he was trying to say. There are lots of times when I see bad English. I don't comment on it when it's clear enough, but the way a certain user over here posted, it was hard to understand what he was trying to say and what the intent was.

If I really go after the English of people on this forum (myself included), a lot of the posts I see in one day will have at least 1 grammatical or spelling error.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Going off topic. Regarding english skills, my TL has such poor grammar/ sentence construction skills that daily we get hilarious emails/ pings. We save the most humorous lines in a text file and keep updating often. Whenever we are bored, we go through it and laugh our asses off and the whole floor keeps wondering what are we so hysterical about. One sample : How did you people leave in between and left in the middle of an important call :D

Flash

Lost in speed
Going off topic. Regarding english skills, my TL has such poor grammar/ sentence construction skills that daily we get hilarious emails/ pings. We save the most humorous lines in a text file and keep updating often. Whenever we are bored, we go through it and laugh our asses off and the whole floor keeps wondering what are we so hysterical about. One sample : How did you people leave in between and left in the middle of an important call :D
When i was in college, we too had a .txt like this!!
I'll share one, told by my professor
"Face your wash, and then come to class!"

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
It was hard to read and understand what he was trying to say. There are lots of times when I see bad English. I don't comment on it when it's clear enough, but the way a certain user over here posted, it was hard to understand what he was trying to say and what the intent was.

If I really go after the English of people on this forum (myself included), a lot of the posts I see in one day will have at least 1 grammatical or spelling error.

Correcting someone's english is good, but criticizing is not.
What matters is the manner in which you do, so that the intended person is not hurt. :)

PS: And be it this forum or any other, nobody is even. Uplifting them is one thing, a good and noble deed, but again, don't weigh everybody on same scale.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
another spam email arrived in Junk folder with RAR attachment contains unknown file format and she opened RAR file in WinRAR and clicked on Up Folder button then called me and asking me how this spammer can send me my own desktop folder in RAR file sized 20kb? my desktop folder size is more than 300MB. :lol:

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
another spam email arrived in Junk folder with RAR attachment contains unknown file format and she clicked on Up Folder button then called me and asking me
how this spammer can send me my own desktop folder in RAR file sized 20kb? my desktop folder size is more than 300MB. :lol:

:lol:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
the guy has a pretty honest and straight forward idea about linux distros.. Atleast he is promoting something that is free which is a good thing against the ocean of users using pirated windows

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Correcting someone's english is good, but criticizing is not.
What matters is the manner in which you do, so that the intended person is not hurt. :)

PS: And be it this forum or any other, nobody is even. Uplifting them is one thing, a good and noble deed, but again, don't weigh everybody on same scale.

Hey, I have no problem correcting someone's English and helping. But in this case, it was too hard to understand :)

ankush28

Bazinga
Once my friend was at my home... for doing some project work.
he was surfing web on my lappi and trying to find something..suddenly he started laughing
friend : blah you still have dual core lol dude I used to have dual core at my home 5-6 years ago.
me : :( (huh!!! he was having i5-3320M at that time :lol: )

He thinks dual core means pentium 4.

Top Bottom