Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

moniker

Broken In
Lol. Is it such a cardinal sin to call a laptop a lappi or lappy? Digitians are becoming technology nomenclature Nazis nowadays!

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Lol. Is it such a cardinal sin to call a laptop a lappi or lappy? Digitians are becoming technology nomenclature Nazis nowadays!

Sounds girly to me.
And whenever I hear word lappy, I start thinking about lipsticks. *www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/idontknow.gif

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
One dumb tech myth "The QWERTY Keyboard Was Designed To Slow Typists Down

A lot of keyboard elitists -- yes, they exist, mostly in Portland -- will try to claim to you that the QWERTY layout was so designed in order to slow down typists and that only simpletons still use QWERTY, the sophisticated herd having switched over to the DVORAK layout.

But hold your head high, QWERTY user: It isn't true, at all.

The (incorrect) story goes that back in the early days of the typewriter, in the 1870s, a newspaper editor was tired of how often his reporters' typewriters kept jamming, so he conspired to configure the keys to be so idiotically placed with respect to one another that even the nimblest typists would be slowed down and jams would be reduced.

A pretty story but -- alas! -- not true. The QWERTY layout was decided upon in order to reduce jams, but not by making the act of typing slower. Instead, as this helpful article explains, the keys were laid out according to a combination of letter frequency and so that hitting common letter combinations -- "t" and "h," for example -- would not cause internal jammage. Thus was born the modern keyboard, which just so happened to have the letters Q-W-E-R-T-Y in order across the top row.

In the 1930s, a new keyboard was invented: the DVORAK, which put the five most frequently used vowels and the five most frequently used consonants in the middle row. By then, however, the QWERTY had such a strong foothold that it would continue to be the default keyboard for decades to come (except in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, where I hear DVORAK's huge)"

--huffingtonpost

$hadow

Geek in making
^^Well actually this is annoying me. Two of my friends removed the wallpaper and the window actually crashed. Don't know what is wrong with the OS. Looking to format the laptop and flash a win 7 ultimate.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
The initial report "Removing wallpaper causes crash"

yeah changing the wallpaper does not do anything but in the boot up there is another photo which cannot be removed....

he tried the the laptop might get bricked

These GUYS are genius...

^^Well actually this is annoying me. Two of my friends removed the wallpaper and the window actually crashed. Don't know what is wrong with the OS. Looking to format the laptop and flash a win 7 ultimate.

dude tell your friends to go to hp website and download bios image

just hope that its bios doesn't have the geniuses over there too

Top Bottom