Post processing images - The final step to getting that awesome click

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] thats definitely true that as RAW dont have any in-camera sharpness or NR done...you can have a better control on it...
JPEG have everything done in-camera then you will do again soo it may just get spoiled..even if you dont set anything in the camera it will do something to make the picture beautiful :D

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Here is a raw image of a shot I took from a plane, I've seen some amazing plane pics from people on flickr and 500px. But the only way I could get anything was to boost ISO to 6400 which makes this very grainy. People, would you be willing to give this a shot ?

*www.dropbox.com/s/450y3zj4mx9i5lv/DSC03060.ARW

Update: just spent quite some time trying to get anything usable from this image and i guess it might be better to abandon it

Last edited:
OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
wow, gen that's a pretty good edit. Yesterday when I was trying I tried to get the wing to show, however that was giving me a strange purplish tint all over the pic. And any attempts at noise reduction were making it very soft and blotchy as you put it. Will give it another go today

nac

Aspiring Novelist
May be I don't mind as much as you guys with regards to noise. I guess I seen more noise with my camera :p

That's a nice click, Amlan. :thumbs: Not every one could get this shot.

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/DSC03060-2_zps862c8475.jpg

In fact, the grains adds some touch when it's black and white. :)

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/DSC03060-3_zps65c4a484.jpg

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I liked Gen's editing better then nac ....looks more natural

Thanks. Here's a gift for you ....
Sorry I had to do this without your permission, I'll take this off soon I promise.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14173&d=1397399679
Pics.jpg

Attachments

• Promo.jpg
    Promo.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Promo.jpg
    Promo.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
:-D :D :D that poster looks more like a gundagardi pic rather then a request to vote ;)

- - - Updated - - -

And no need to take it off ...with kamal in my heart and rahul gandhi besides me ...who can dare me :D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I see Sujoy likes when its life like. Not saturated ones. I have saturated little more (just my taste), to see how they will look when it is saturated. Please comment whether it's too much or not. If it's too much I try and keep it little down.

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/sujoy13apr2-Edit_zps68b0d11b.jpg

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/sujoy13apr1-Edit_zps4dd686d9.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac its summer time and its not soo green in the jungle...thats why I edited like what I saw there....your 1st one although looks great but not the original :) ...I can upload the original if you want...you can edit that...and decide how much to edit :D

wait till afternoon...I will upload both the file RAW ...u can edit it

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I see Sujoy likes when its life like. Not saturated ones. I have saturated little more (just my taste), to see how they will look when it is saturated. Please comment whether it's too much or not. If it's too much I try and keep it little down.

Those look good too. I don't think its too much.

Hrishi

Tried a bit of processing with PS CS6...
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7125/13842679984_a093dda7e5.jpgRed_Blossom by sharma.hrishikesh, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
here is the link to two original files nac edited :) you can try what ever u like :D

*1drv.ms/1gurQxE

*1drv.ms/1gus8o3

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ :)

I tried the RAW one. It's different than my usual editing. Please comment and critique :D I know it's not my photograph. :D

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/DSC_3433sujoy-Edit-2_zps278ad51e.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sujoy, That's a good work you did on that RAW. Not a lot of contrast (may be no contrast at all (no offense), kinda hazy/misty look, slightly over exposed feel and dull.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I told you 150-500 have some contrast issue ....even after my PP it just looked as good as I saw actually ...

this time your editing looks like hot summer afternoon...and all dry ....I wish there could be a tiger in the scene :D will look like africa ;)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I liked nac's first attempt #211. The 2nd reddish one, I don't like it much.

here is the link to two original files nac edited :) you can try what ever u like :D

This is my attempt at the RAW file.
*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/DSC_3433_2_zps538103cd.jpg

I wish there could be a tiger in the scene :D

Be careful what you wish for.

*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/Lake-Tiger_zps5eafd1f8.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom