** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Masooque

Right off the assembly line
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Hello Sirs,
I am purana reader of Digit since its launching. Till today i used Relience web world for internet surfing and downloading. frm begining of the month i have started to using BSNL's unlimited home 900+ plan. in their application form they stated that the speed is from 256 kbps to 2 Mbps. on first day i got 1000 kbps (125 KBps) but from next day, i am getting only average 30 kBps (256 kbps) speed. Officials at BSNL says that there is misprint in the form. actually speed is only 256 kbps for unlimited home plan.
my questions are (plzzzzzz solve my question i am very thankful to u all)
1. Are Officilas at BSNL are true ?
2. In All over india, BSNL scheme are same ?
3. i want to change my plan to 1000/month (5 GB download 384 kbps minimul speed) during 2 AM to 8 AM what is average download speed ?
4. One official said me that un officialy that when anyone download from torrnet site. servers are set so that the speed become slow and speed cut down. Is this true ?
5. What is best unlimited plan for downloading ?

Dear sirs, i am very thankful to u, plz solve my problem.
With Regards
Jasmin

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yes, they are true. H900 & H900+ have just 256kbps or 32KBps speed. There was a misprint in the form.

Yes, they are same. CHeck out this: *www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

3. i want to change my plan to 1000/month (5 GB download 384 kbps minimul speed) during 2 AM to 8 AM what is average download speed ?
I always get speeds above 150KBps.....:D And IMHO H500 and H1000 are the best because they have 2mbps(256KBps) speed and 6hours of free usage. I'm on H1000.

4. One official said me that un officialy that when anyone download from torrnet site. servers are set so that the speed become slow and speed cut down. Is this true ?
No, its not true. I always get 150KBps and above with torrents as combined. You'll only get a good speed with torrents if it has good number of seeders....Also, never believe the BSNL officials whatever they say officially and unofficially. They all are noobs.

H500 and H1000. Tha data which you can download in 6 hours of 2mbps(256KBps) Night-UL is even more than what you can download in the whole day of 256kbps(32KBps)........

Hello Sirs,
I am purana reader of Digit since its launching. Till today i used Relience web world for internet surfing and downloading. frm begining of the month i have started to using BSNL's unlimited home 900+ plan. in their application form they stated that the speed is from 256 kbps to 2 Mbps. on first day i got 1000 kbps (125 KBps) but from next day, i am getting only average 30 kbps speed. Officials at BSNL says that there is misprint in the form. actually speed is only 256 kbps for unlimited home plan.
my questions are (plzzzzzz solve my question i am very thankful to u all)

Dear sirs, i am very thankful to u, plz solve my problem.
With Regards
Jasmin

1. yes. the Officials are Correct..UL users get 256Kbps.
2. Yes, Its the same all over India.
3. for Limited connections, the speed is Upto 2Mbps..take a note...Upto..
so under perfect conditions, u can get a download speed of 256KBPS .
4. Yes, it is possible if not certain, some ISPs do block torrent traffic, if u want to fool them, then use encryption option available in all torrent client..
5. There is only one UL plan in BSNL which u r having...No alternatives..so no question of selecting the best.

nick715us

Re: DNS Unable to resolve even popular sites

Thanks to all those who replied!

As suggested, I have set the DNS server to 208.67.222.222 in the TCP/IP properties...and it works!!

Still beats me why DNS is pointing to 192.168.1.1 by default?

use OpenDNS
Code:

ajaybc

Youngling

Iam a Home 500 plan user
Iam not able to play online COD4 in some err.. servers bcoz iam having a high ping\
So i tested in speedtest.net and found the following result

*www.speedtest.net/result/246990441.png

is this possible>?
Is this result normal?
Is there any way to reduce my ping?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Thanks to all those who replied!

As suggested, I have set the DNS server to 208.67.222.222 in the TCP/IP properties...and it works!!

Still beats me why DNS is pointing to 192.168.1.1 by default?
how you know which DNS you are using?

vikasg03

Journeyman

How to check problem in my system or from BSNL!
From last evening suddenly internet is not working. in dsl router login under diagonstic tab last three options shows FAIL status. ping is working only to default gateway. I just change my passwords of portal id.
Vikas
Jayanagar
Bangalore

nebujvs

Hi
can any one can replay to my problem

I apllied for change of my home 250 plan to home 500 in mid Dec 2007, , but he bsnl only changed it on Feb 06th 2008. but i used the free timing on the month Jan 2008 as bsnl pople said it will effect with 2 days.

But my bill was charged under 250 plan for jan 2008, when i contacted Bsnl GM, he said they have order to change plan only with in 3 months of the requist, so we can't blaim them for the dealy of 2 months to plan chenge . So what i do

nebu

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

ipconfig/all shows DNS server as 208.67.222.222
you are using OpenDns, they are a bit slow but are reliable. the don't fail random like BSNL servers.

to learn more about opendns visit this site
www.opendns.com

Hi
can any one can replay to my problem

I apllied for change of my home 250 plan to home 500 in mid Dec 2007, , but he bsnl only changed it on Feb 06th 2008. but i used the free timing on the month Jan 2008 as bsnl pople said it will effect with 2 days.

But my bill was charged under 250 plan for jan 2008, when i contacted Bsnl GM, he said they have order to change plan only with in 3 months of the requist, so we can't blaim them for the dealy of 2 months to plan chenge . So what i do

nebu
nothing you could do, its your mistake you should have checked it before using.

disconnect your connection or pay your bill.

I hope i am not rude, but this is the truth

Last edited:

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz

Cheers All.

I finally got my BSNL Dataone UL 256 Connection. Have no clue of anything, as this is completely new to me. I would however request the below queries, pardon me if this has been asked already.

1) How to change my BSNL login password.
2) The default username/password to my Modem is admin/admin, how to change it? what are the other security settings that need to be taken care of as I dont want to end up being pwned.
3) My browsing speed is amazing, youtube videos dl like charm, torrent is lightening speed, but when I download a file using web browser or download accelators, I can't seem to get dl speed of more than 1/2 kb, trust me.
4) I've googled for Q3, but that webpage to login to Admin portl says I'm not authorized.
5) WinXp, Sp2, Firewalled by default XP, Dialup.

Indranil92001

Journeyman

3) My browsing speed is amazing, youtube videos dl like charm, torrent is lightening speed

@Virus can you please put your speed test here. I really like to see it :) :)
you can test your net speed www.speedtest.net

*www.speedtest.net/result/247542190.png

Last edited:

vikasg03

Journeyman

SNR MARGIN IN BSNL ADSL 2 MODEM

What is a min req. for snr margin so that internet can work. My net is not working and my

SNR Margin Downstream 7.1 Upstream 19.8 Db shows in statistics->adsl

What to do for increased this.

Vikas

praka123

left this forum longback

BSNL dataone going to increase Speeds? :?
Today I had gone to BSNL Customer Center for changing my friend's Dataone Plan to Home UL 900. On the new connection forms they have given the tariff card in which under the Home UL 900 Plan it is mentioned "256 kbps up to 2mbps". The person at the BSNL office also said that in Home 900 also, the speed has been increased upto 2 Mbps, and the minimum upload and download speed will be 256 kbps. they gonna increase on 1st of April (i think not a April fool )

Anybody please confirm this, because I am finding it hard to trust the people at BSNL Office. Also please tell me the normal upload speed in Home UL 900?
*broadbandforum.in/bsnl-dataone-broadband/24676-bsnl-speed-increase-official/

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

WOW!
others might be pushed to 8mbps

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle

100% rumour...this cant happen even in an Indian dream..why expect & get disappointed.
We had a wait for over 3 years to get a 20KBps boost over unlimted UL speed..now calculate the wait for 2MBps Unlimited DL...cant even imagine..

Top Bottom