** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

ramya

Right off the assembly line
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Hello All,

MY name is ramya, I live in usa AND my parents live in visakhapatnam, recently my parents took internet connection from BSNL DATAONE ( Un limited plan ) and now there is a problem to them.

everything is configured but they say every time they TURN on the computer net is not automatically connected they should double click on the dataone icon and then click on connect to get system checks for user/password and then system is connected to internet..

My question is, is there anyway when ever they start the computer internet will connect automatically rather than clicking on connect.

note : please let me know if there is a option we should enable to get connected automatically when ever system is on.

Please help
Thanks
ramya

ramya said:
Hello All,

MY name is ramya, I live in usa AND my parents live in visakhapatnam, recently my parents took internet connection from BSNL DATAONE ( Un limited plan ) and now there is a problem to them.

everything is configured but they say every time they TURN on the computer net is not automatically connected they should double click on the dataone icon and then click on connect to get system checks for user/password and then system is connected to internet..

My question is, is there anyway when ever they start the computer internet will connect automatically rather than clicking on connect.

note : please let me know if there is a option we should enable to get connected automatically when ever system is on.

Please help
Thanks
ramya

Yes they can, but it's quite a workaround and some time and dedication will need to be put to it. However, I would advise them sticking onto the option they are using now because of the simple fact that, if there is a problem, they can come to know immediately unlike the workaround that you could use which only a technically capable person will be able to find out if there is a problem with the connection or not.

However, if you still like the work around, here it is.

1.> Assuming that the computer is running on WinXP, first open network connections, then depening on whether a USB or a LAN cable is connected, you will need to right click on the network connectin which they use and then go to the properties of it.

2.> Once in properties, highlight TCP/IP and then click on properties. Then in the following box, select the option that says 'use the following address' and type the address in this format:

Ip address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Then click on 'OK' and then 'close' on the properties window.

3.> Now open internet explorer and type the address 192.168.1.1.

Now before I can give you more help on this, there is one important piece of information that I would like which is the name and model no. of the modem because the following steps will vary in accordance to models.

ramya

Help~Is~Here said:
Yes they can, but it's quite a workaround and some time and dedication will need to be put to it. However, I would advise them sticking onto the option they are using now because of the simple fact that, if there is a problem, they can come to know immediately unlike the workaround that you could use which only a technically capable person will be able to find out if there is a problem with the connection or not.

However, if you still like the work around, here it is.

1.> Assuming that the computer is running on WinXP, first open network connections, then depening on whether a USB or a LAN cable is connected, you will need to right click on the network connectin which they use and then go to the properties of it.

2.> Once in properties, highlight TCP/IP and then click on properties. Then in the following box, select the option that says 'use the following address' and type the address in this format:

Ip address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Then click on 'OK' and then 'close' on the properties window.

3.> Now open internet explorer and type the address 192.168.1.1.

Now before I can give you more help on this, there is one important piece of information that I would like which is the name and model no. of the modem because the following steps will vary in accordance to models.

Thank you very much for the help , I will check for model number and let you know soon.

but looks like to dothis more tech help is required, do u think it makes sense to call some network person there locally and check with them ? rather than asking my parents to do it..

ramya..

ramya said:
Thank you very much for the help , I will check for model number and let you know soon.

but looks like to dothis more tech help is required, do u think it makes sense to call some network person there locally and check with them ? rather than asking my parents to do it..

ramya..

Yes, that would be better, and make sure they get some one who might be able to visit in the future if a problem arises, otherwise, one guy will fix it, another guy will come screw it up and another guy will take it for repair, and your parents will be at the recieving end of things.

What you could do is, first get the model no.(found on the bottom part of the modem) so that we can provide you all the information, then you can ask one of your family friends to take a print out of it, or just tell him/her what to do (some one around the age of 18~22 should jump in to help with no questions asked) and he/she should be able to set it up for your parents.:D

praka123

left this forum longback

router ppp(inbuilt dialer) mode works-always ON.that may be what helphere is saying.while in bridge mode too it is possible.

I'll say stick with bridgemode connection.
in linux,i know how to allow always ON.but..in windows too it may be possible.

//sry for going offtopic yesterday to ya all! :cry:

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

praka123 said:
router ppp(inbuilt dialer) mode works-always ON.that may be what helphere is saying.while in bridge mode too it is possible.

@prakash
i am having trouble in setting dataone in bridge mode
for testing purpose i connected directly to my d-link 502T via ethernet bypassing wifi AP. now i ran
Code:
"sudo pppoeconf"
Followed all steps & tried connecting by "pon dsl-provider". i got
Code:
gaurish@Hero:~$ pon dsl-provider
Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.

but still i am not connected, however PPPoE works like a charm

[offtopic]
kya hua honeybee gone!, repenting??

praka123

left this forum longback

^it shud work.make sure in ur router u shifted from ppp mode to bridge mode.192.168.1.1 ?
else the routing table may be different.post ur "ifconfig" o/p after pon dsl-provider.also look at the o/p of sudo plog command will give clue.and lastly u may need to add default route as dataone.for that,after connecting(pon dsl-provider) u shud look out the o/p of ifconfig and identify the "ppp0" or ppp1 whatever.and run "sudo route add default ppp0".
^^^please read and careful-do judiciously.
//offtopic:
i am pulled into the bar by a close friend yesterday and temptation made me drink. :cry: yes,repending now.also am not a regular boozer.

praka123 said:

I guess it's already in bridge mode, that's why they have a dialer. If it's in bridge mode, then you will need a dialer if I'm not wrong.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Guys I getting a SNR of 10.2 dB for upload and 32.0 dB for download. getting disconnected a lot today. Can any one post the ideal SNR please.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

]^it shud work.
make sure in ur router u shifted from ppp mode to bridge mode.192.168.1.1 ?

i did it

else the routing table may be different.post ur "ifconfig" o/p after pon dsl-provider.
IN PPPoE mode
Code:
gaurish@Hero:~$ ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:11:09:06:18:C6  
          inet addr:192.168.1.5  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::211:9ff:fe06:18c6/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:1935 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:1971 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:1904855 (1.8 MiB)  TX bytes:418586 (408.7 KiB)
          Interrupt:19 Base address:0xed00 

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:68 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:68 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
          RX bytes:6438 (6.2 KiB)  TX bytes:6438 (6.2 KiB)

in bridge mode
Code:
gaurish@Hero:~$ pon dsl-provider
Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
gaurish@Hero:~$ ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:11:09:06:18:C6  
          inet addr:192.168.1.5  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::211:9ff:fe06:18c6/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:2869 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:2933 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:2418215 (2.3 MiB)  TX bytes:544059 (531.3 KiB)
          Interrupt:19 Base address:0xed00 

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:74 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:74 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
          RX bytes:7266 (7.0 KiB)  TX bytes:7266 (7.0 KiB)

gaurish@Hero:~$

also look at the o/p of sudo plog command will give clue.
Code:
@Hero:~$ sudo plog
Password:
gaurish@Hero:~$

and lastly u may need to add default route as dataone.for that,after connecting(pon dsl-provider) u shud look out the o/p of ifconfig and identify the "ppp0" or ppp1 whatever.and run "sudo route add default ppp0".
^^^please read and careful-do judiciously.
]

Code:
gaurish@Hero:~$ sudo route add default ppp0
SIOCADDRT: No such device

PS:ma goin out of town for few days, so will reply after 3-4 days:)

ramya

Help~Is~Here said:
Yes, that would be better, and make sure they get some one who might be able to visit in the future if a problem arises, otherwise, one guy will fix it, another guy will come screw it up and another guy will take it for repair, and your parents will be at the recieving end of things.

What you could do is, first get the model no.(found on the bottom part of the modem) so that we can provide you all the information, then you can ask one of your family friends to take a print out of it, or just tell him/her what to do (some one around the age of 18~22 should jump in to help with no questions asked) and he/she should be able to set it up for your parents.:D

Hello Help_is_here,

I think leaving as it is now it easy rathering than changing the config, as you people suggested i will not change any connfig or update any IP address.

Curious to know...

it seems that bsnl people kept the dataone shortcut on the desktop and parents need double click on that and then connect to start using internet is there any batch file we can write so that when ever system restarts that batch file will execute and dataone connects directly and the system will be automatically connected to internet.

i think u guys might be thinking why i want to do that rather than just double clicking it and saying connect.. it's because wheni am coming here i auto saved yahooo / Google talk to them so when they are in bangalore the internet is automatically connected when system restarts so the yahoo and google used to connect automatically now the secanario is different ..so ...i am asking u guys for this help

By any means can i write a small batch file for that dataone shortcut and place is someone in the computer so that when ever systems restarts computer automatically connects to internet.

-ramya

ramya said:
Hello Help_is_here,

I think leaving as it is now it easy rathering than changing the config, as you people suggested i will not change any connfig or update any IP address.

Curious to know...

it seems that bsnl people kept the dataone shortcut on the desktop and parents need double click on that and then connect to start using internet is there any batch file we can write so that when ever system restarts that batch file will execute and dataone connects directly and the system will be automatically connected to internet.

i think u guys might be thinking why i want to do that rather than just double clicking it and saying connect.. it's because wheni am coming here i auto saved yahooo / Google talk to them so when they are in bangalore the internet is automatically connected when system restarts so the yahoo and google used to connect automatically now the secanario is different ..so ...i am asking u guys for this help

By any means can i write a small batch file for that dataone shortcut and place is someone in the computer so that when ever systems restarts computer automatically connects to internet.

-ramya

I think this should work.... i will place that short cut in this location it will automatically work...

C:\Documents and Settings\ramya\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
thanks and wanted to share with u people

-ramya`

Last edited:

ramya said:
Hello Help_is_here,

Curious to know...

-ramya

I think this should work.... i will place that short cut in this location it will automatically work...

C:\Documents and Settings\ramya\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
thanks and wanted to share with u people

-ramya`

Well, that's what I wanted to tell you but I'm not sure if that will work because it might just bring up the dialer and not actually dial if you know what I'm speaking about. And in most cases you will need to edit the registry keys for it to work properly which I think your parents are really not going to do.:D

Anyways, did a bit of googling and I think this program should solve your problem. This is a 3rd party dialer but this gives you the option to automatically connect at startup.

Are you not satisfied with your current dialer? Yes? No? It does not matter. If you did not try 1st Dialer from www.neurobridge.com, you don't know what a great dialer is. 1st Dialer is a small, less then 350 KB, but very powerful DUN (Dial Up Networking) utility jam packed with great features. Designed to work with Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, this tool features one click connection, option to automatically connect to the Internet upon system startup, and it can even automatically choose which dial up number to call. Of course, other convenient features are there as well, like "Keep alive" function that prevents your ISP from disconnecting when you are idle, automatic re-dialing, hotkeys to quickly connect/disconnect, and activity log. Most importantly, 1st Dialer has been created with the help of thousands of regular users from all over the world, and that is why 1st Dialer is one of the most easily configurable, simple and straightforward dialers available on the Internet. Oh, one more thing - 1st Dialer is absolutely free. That's right, you don't have to pay anything to get all these cool features. So, get your copy right now.

*www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/create-dialer.html

It's just a matter of installing it and inputting your username and password. You can try it yourself and email the program to your parents as it's very small.. And yes, remeber that the dialup number they should use is 0,35. Enjoy! :D :D

BTW, you don't need to write your name at the end of each post coz you already have it in your username:p

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

anyone know bsnl's server address to chk their servertime (by telneting).

telnet 10.240.89.199 13 <--- is this correct address?? or any other?, their time is constantly changing so i need to chk that with a script.

praka123

left this forum longback

Access-Concentrator: EKM-RAS-CSR-01
--------------------------------------------------
AC-Ethernet-Address: 00:e0:fc:3e:80:89
^ekm core server mac address :?
if u got ubuntu,try pppoe-discovery command to get ur output.
i think u can get the ip from mac address.right?

topramen115

Broken In

ramya said:
Hello All,

Please help
Thanks
ramya

hi,

The best way is to save the user name & password in the Router itself. When ever u switch ON it will automatically connect.

topramen115 said:
hi,

The best way is to save the user name & password in the Router itself. When ever u switch ON it will automatically connect.

That has already been suggested and that is not the best way for her parents to get it done. Please do check with the sofware suggested ramya

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

do anyone knows bsnl's time server address(NTP server) ?????????

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

i don't understand why someone yet have not adviced to simply put the connectinon icon inside the START UP in the programme menu. I have used that and it worked for me last time...

Top Bottom