** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

If BSNL launch the service IP TV then maybe the Upstreem 861 and downstreem 10704
But I am not sure, do anyone have any idea.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

yes i also checked my speed at bsnl broadband speed tester it showing 21.79 Mbps and i save that screen shot

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Can anyone help me set up static ip on my BSNL broadband home 500plan if its possible??
Please Help

Indranil92001 said:
If BSNL launch the service IP TV then maybe the Upstreem 861 and downstreem 10704
But I am not sure, do anyone have any idea.

Well, the upload is already 876Kbps but as far as I know, cities enabled with IPTV service was supposed to get something like upto 8Mbps.. bu 10704Kbps is like 10Mbps. Can someone else check with their connection as well, someone in bangalore or other metro cities where IPTV is already enabled?

NIGHTMARE said:
yes i also checked my speed at bsnl broadband speed tester it showing 21.79 Mbps and i save that screen shot

Naa... that's a problem sometimes with the speedtester, that value isn't true, if you don't believe what I say, just do a test and hit the back button once the test is done, you will see absurd speeds... like 30~80Mbps..

Harvik780 said:
Can anyone help me set up static ip on my BSNL broadband home 500plan if its possible??
Please Help

What kind of help are you looking for? Is it that you need help to set the static IP on your modem assuming you already got the IP info. Or do you want to get a static IP?

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Help~Is~Here said:
What kind of help are you looking for? Is it that you need help to set the static IP on your modem assuming you already got the IP info. Or do you want to get a static IP?
I think the format for ip is 59.94.XX.XXX
I want to set the ip according to my region to a static one.I don't know how to set up static ip.I am doing this to prevent getting banned from sites which require static ip.Windows is set to automatically assign ip when i connect.What do i need to configure??

topramen115

Broken In

hsmukunda said:
Hi I have BSNL dataone broadband connection.
I cannot see myaccount usage.
I did try www.dataone.in and then clicked on check your account usage but the page is showing only blank nothing is there to login, just blank page.
I did check some other ip address which I searched in net to know my account usage even it was not working.
Any body could help me why I could not open the account usage and see my account.
thanks

Just try out this

*thegoan.com/datafox/

*duf.sourceforge.net/

Harvik780 said:
Please Help

Yes, u can get a static IP . Just connect to the internet by setting the router in router mode / always on configuration .never switch off ur router. U will get static IP ..once u switch off and switch ON u will get a new IP.

Harvik780 said:
I want to set the ip according to my region to a static one.I don't know how to set up static ip.I am doing this to prevent getting banned from sites which require static ip.Windows is set to automatically assign ip when i connect.What do i need to configure??

Hi Harvik , try to use a proxy server ...

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

topramen115 said:
Yes, u can get a static IP . Just connect to the internet by setting the router in router mode / always on configuration .never switch off ur router. U will get static IP ..once u switch off and switch ON u will get a new IP.
I Dont think so....even if u dont switch off modem, ip will change in every 48 hrs

Harvik780 said:

The only 2 ways in which you can get a static IP address is by either asking your ISP for a package that provides you a static IP address or by registering yourself on sites that provide a so called static IP.

With regards to the first one, you cannot just make a static IP address out of thin air by making any changes on your modem or computer settings. Your ISP will need to assign you this static IP because it costs money. Once they assign you the static IP, you will need to enter that in your modem settings, that's all.

As far as the second option is concerned, there are few site that help you get one single IP permenently, you will need to register on these sites and sometimes pay for the service. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the sites, I'll try finding them. Do a bit of googling and you'll find lot more sites.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

I am having a problem from yesterday.The link stays during the day for but after 12am the link becomes unstatic and disappears every 15 minutes.There is no earthing in the phone line and the tone of bphone is crystal clear.I have the BSNL 500 plan and i use night unlimited to download.Please someone explain.Do BSNL employees weaken the strength of the link after mid-night.

uttoransen

Broken In
A frustrated BSNL user

last month from 20 july to 3 august my bsnl land line and Rs 900 Ul broadband was dead! again, in august 22nd my telephone went dead and finally on 29th august it was repaired!

so i planned to blog about it *ranchinews.blogspot.com/2007/08/frustrated-bsnl-user.html , so that people understand how it feels to stay offline for days!
Digg it, *tinyurl.com/3dctwl to promote it! thanks!

Note: this is not an advertisement, there is no ads or anything on the blog, please help me to promote it, the bsnl people are not even interested to know what problems i was facing without the internet!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: A frustrated BSNL user

uttoransen said:
last month from 20 july to 3 august my bsnl land line and Rs 900 Ul broadband was dead! again, in august 22nd my telephone went dead and finally on 29th august it was repaired!

so i planned to blog about it *ranchinews.blogspot.com/2007/08/frustrated-bsnl-user.html , so that people understand how it feels to stay offline for days!

Note: this is not an advertisement, there is no ads or anything on the blog, please help me to promote it, the bsnl people are not even interested to know what problems i was facing without the internet!
Its no use fighting with them

src2206

In the zone

uttoransen said:

Interesting!!! Their service is not that bad. I'm not sure from where you are, but did you try to meet with the DE in your regional Exchange?

uttoransen

Broken In

src2206 said:
Interesting!!! Their service is not that bad. I'm not sure from where you are, but did you try to meet with the DE in your regional Exchange?

I tried! i don't know what exactly is a DE? but i tried to visit there officer! but he was not in his cabin! i tried again, and he was again not there!!

am planning to take a picture of his empty cabin and post on the blog! i know it is not of much use, but that's the only thing i can do!

src2206

In the zone

DE means District Engineer. If you are not getting him, shot a letter to him taking a received copy for yourself. Then write a letter to the GM(General Manager) of your area HQ with a copy of the letter describing the harrasment that you are going through. Beleive me, there will be action. In Govt organisation, you need to explore the proper channel to voice your opinion..and I am suggesting this from my experience.

Last edited:

arnab2kool

On the net

src2206 said:
DE means District Engineer. If you are not getting him, shot a letter to him taking a received copy for yourself. Then write a letter to the GM(General Manager) of your area HQ with a copy of the letter describing the harrasment that you are going through. Beleive me, there will be action. In Govt organisation, you need to explore the proper chanel to voice your opinion..and I am suggesting this from my experience.

He is right. I faced problem also, but I went thru a proper channel and met general Manager and mine problem was solved within 60 minutes.
So dont loose hope and keep going.

Thank you.

uttoransen

Broken In

this time the problem is solved, but 30 days without internet, LOL am still alive!

anyways, thanks for your information, next time if they disconnect my net, anytime soon, then i will follow your method!

though, in jharkhand nothing really works, but i will still try,
thanks!

src2206 said:
DE means District Engineer. If you are not getting him, shot a letter to him taking a received copy for yourself. Then write a letter to the GM(General Manager) of your area HQ with a copy of the letter describing the harrasment that you are going through. Beleive me, there will be action. In Govt organisation, you need to explore the proper channel to voice your opinion..and I am suggesting this from my experience.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Atleast got my Dataone connection after 4.5months of wait time Phew! :p

now in the user info link it shows startup plan however the thing to be noted is i choose Home 500 when filling the application form, now what to do?
*img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/24207411231.jpg

src2206

In the zone

gary4gar said:
Atleast got my Dataone connection after 4.5months of wait time Phew! :p

now in the user info link it shows startup plan however the thing to be noted is i choose Home 500 when filling the application form, now what to do?
*img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/24207411231.jpg

Option 1: Go to your local exchange and talk with the commercial manager and confirm.

Option 2: Wait for the first few days and see if the service records page is showing "Sum traffic excluding night unlimited". If this column appears then its fine....you are in 500 plan.

Pesonally I would have taken Option 1 ;)

Top Bottom