** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

cyberboy_kerala said:
yeah i thought like that till yesterday....but i was billed for free hours becoz my modem was 'ON' frm 9pm..see the screen shot(105mb gone!!), i hav marked it in red..and also see the yellow mark(00:47 = 12:47) the time i rebooted the modem(compu is off frm 12:45 to 2.10am)....this is not the first time this has happened.
I am sure that my compu started only at 2.10am, sheduled in BIOS, and also i can see frm my event log that computer connected to net on 2.15am but some how free hour download frm 2.15am to 2.57am was charged along with 1.13am ~ 2.57am slot....
And also do anyone know why the usage is shown in alternate intervals? like, 1.13to2.15 , 2.15to3.34, 3.34to4.00 even though there is no disconnection in that time interval..is there any problem with my nic?

*img212.imageshack.us/img212/8654/untitledzp1.jpg

Dude, that 107MB is from 1:13am not from 2:00am. There is every possibility that you might have downloaded 107MB in 45mins! That's not a big thing. As far as the times are concerned, BSNL doesn't look time according to your watch. I guess, you have the clocls set forward at your end, so when you think it's 2:00, it might actually just be 1:45! Hope you understand. The data usage perfectly justifies why they have charged you. They have charged you only 107Mb out of the total 325MB you downloaded/uploaded during 1:13am to 2:57am which means, they haven't charged you anything after 2:00am according to them! So, change your clocks! That's the only solution!!

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

Help~Is~Here said:
I guess, you have the clocls set forward at your end, so when you think it's 2:00, it might actually just be 1:45! Hope you understand.

Noway, actually i hav set my clock 7 mins behind the indian standard time.More than that my compu only starts at 2:10am(BIOS setting) and utorrent only starts at 2.20 and compu is in shutdown stage from 12:45 to 2:10am.
And also "event viewer" in xp shows that compu started at 2:10am and connected only at 2:12 am. only my ADSL modem is ON frm 12:48.

The only other thing I can think of is if someone is using your username/password. Because I haven't ever noticed a problem at my end.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

Something wired happened dont know wt caused it.....will try to reboot modem at 2:15am now onwards using autohotkey.

praka123

left this forum longback

I (had) always disconnect/reconnect dataone connection approx 1.58AM and connect at 2.10AM usually via cron for torrent downloads (uses linux).but sure,there is nothing wrong if u dont follow this.as in MY connxn from core server:Access-Concentrator:EKM-RAS-CSR-01(Ernakulam) they charge correctly.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

praka123 said:
I (had) always disconnect/reconnect dataone connection approx 1.58AM and connect at 2.10AM usually via cron for torrent downloads .
How that program is able to shutdown modem or is ur modem in bridge configuration.

praka123

left this forum longback

^in bridge mode.no,not shutting down the modem,i only tries to disconnect/reconnect from OS dialer(rp-pppoe)

Indranil92001

Journeyman

Help~Is~Here said:
Yes, its charged to the userid and not to the phone no. And BSNL has already implemented SSB in majority of the cities... so, use of username/passwords on different nos will not be possible anymore..
What is mean by SSB, I mean the full name of SSB and what is it doing.Can anyone help me.

topramen115

Broken In
DNS Problem

hi,

Iam using BSNL's UT 300RTu router, it is configured to use Primary DNS Server: 218.248.240.23 Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.240.135 , I have connected the router to hub and I have connected 2 pc's to the hub. Can i use the same DNS which the router is using.. ?

Can anyone giving me the latest DNS address which BSNL is using ?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Re: DNS Problem

topramen115 said:
hi,

Iam using BSNL's UT 300RTu router, it is configured to use Primary DNS Server: 218.248.240.23 Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.240.135 , I have connected the router to hub and I have connected 2 pc's to the hub. Can i use the same DNS which the router is using.. ?

Can anyone giving me the latest DNS address which BSNL is using ?
yes..you can use.

I think DNS address change region wise.you can even use some open DNS(google it).

dreams

Gracias Senor

If the ADSL light drops, then that has nothing to do with your ethernet cable or your powersupply(very rarely, yes). Mainly it has to do with the phone line or your exchange. The first step is to make sure that your line is clear as much as possible. If it's too noisy or lot of other weird noises on the line, then it will interrupt your ADSL. This is very possible in the rainy season. So, get your actual telephone line checked for disturbance. If it's fine, then make sure your ADSL filter is working/try with another one. If that's fine, then lodge a complaint at your local telephone exchange..

I have a parallel connection running in my house..One telephone comin to my hall and another line coming to my bedroom connecting another telephone and modem.

So 2 cable's connecting one telephone and another one conn another telephone and modem.

The 2nd line conn telephone and modem, I chkd the telephoen and it is noisy.. Both telephone use the same number..The other telephone is working fine without any noise..

Does this mean anythin fishy???

Shall I remove the telephone from the splitter and conn the telephone cable dir to modem and check??

And wat do you mean by ADSL Filter????

dreams said:
I have a parallel connection running in my house..One telephone comin to my hall and another line coming to my bedroom connecting another telephone and modem.

So 2 cable's connecting one telephone and another one conn another telephone and modem.

The 2nd line conn telephone and modem, I chkd the telephoen and it is noisy.. Both telephone use the same number..The other telephone is working fine without any noise..

Shall I remove the telephone from the splitter and conn the telephone cable dir to modem and check??

Well, you need to diagnose to find out what exactly is causing the problem. It could either be the splitter or the telephone or the cable running to the second telephone.

What I suggest you to do is, first connect the line coming from outside your house, directly to your modem. ie without anything else connected to the phone line. Only your modem, now, if the ADSL light stays solid, then it indicates that the line till your house is fine, it's something inside your house.

Now connect back your first telephone and connect the second line to the second telephone without connecting a filter to the second telephone. See if the line is noisy, if it is, then you will need to replace the cable running to your second line. If there is no noise when you check that, then you will need to replace your ADSL filter.

Indranil92001 said:
What is mean by SSB, I mean the full name of SSB and what is it doing.Can anyone help me.

SSB is called Select Service Barring. It is a name used by few ISPs who block several phone nos. from accessing one single account which means that you cannot use a different username/password on another telephone no. I heard BSNL is implementing this due to misuse but I'm sure it won't be called SSB, they will call it by someother name.

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor

Help~Is~Here said:
Well, you need to diagnose to find out what exactly is causing the problem. It could either be the splitter or the telephone or the cable running to the second telephone.

What I suggest you to do is, first connect the line coming from outside your house, directly to your modem. ie without anything else connected to the phone line. Only your modem, now, if the ADSL light stays solid, then it indicates that the line till your house is fine, it's something inside your house.

Now connect back your first telephone and connect the second line to the second telephone without connecting a filter to the second telephone. See if the line is noisy, if it is, then you will need to replace the cable running to your second line. If there is no noise when you check that, then you will need to replace your ADSL filter.

Thnz 4 the fastest reply..BTW wat do you mean by ADSL Filter???

dreams said:
Thnz 4 the fastest reply..BTW wat do you mean by ADSL Filter???

Ok, there is a difference between ADSL filter and a normal splitter.

All a normal splitter does is, it splits your line into 2 so that you can connect 2 phones to the same line.

However, And ADSL filter is used to seperate out the ADSL signals from the phone line. An ADSL filter will look very similar to a normal splitter with one input and 2 output. The only difference is you can connect the phone only to 1 of the output because the other output is used for the modem. You have to connect the modem to this port. The ADSL filter will have the ports named as something like 'computer' and 'telephone'. You need an ADSL filter to filter out any telephonic disturbance that is there on the line. And the ADSL filter is the one that lets you really use the phone and the modem at the same time. If you dont' have an ADSL filter, you will hear all the noise the modem makes on your telephone and similarly, any converstaions made closer to the frequencies of the ADSL signal while talking on your phone will disturb your ADSL connection as well.. hope this clears your doubt and didn't put you into more confusion...:D :D

Anyways, your welcome to ask if you're still not clear...:p

topramen115

Broken In

dreams said:

hi,

BSNL has strictly instructed to connect all parallel phones after the ADSL filter. i.e if u want to have two phones to the same line , then first the main line directly from the BSNL has to be connected to the ADSL filter (it costs around 40rs ) then it will have two output lines, one to telephone and one to to ADSL router , now connect this to the router , then the single telephone output can be split using normal line splitter and connect to as many as phones and caller id's u want.

topramen115

Broken In

HI,

Can u guys tell me,how much upstream and downstream rate is showing in ur router...For me it is...

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 861
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 10704

dreams

Gracias Senor

topramen115 said:
hi,

BSNL has strictly instructed to connect all parallel phones after the ADSL filter. i.e if u want to have two phones to the same line , then first the main line directly from the BSNL has to be connected to the ADSL filter (it costs around 40rs ) then it will have two output lines, one to telephone and one to to ADSL router , now connect this to the router , then the single telephone output can be split using normal line splitter and connect to as many as phones and caller id's u want.

Think this makes sense..will try it..anyways thnx 4 al the replies..wil try 1 by 1 and keep it posted..

Thnx all.

topramen115 said:
HI,

Can u guys tell me,how much upstream and downstream rate is showing in ur router...For me it is...

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 861
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 10704

What :shock::confused: :shock: ... you got a 10Mbps line????? Are you sure you got the values right? Is it 1704 or 10704?? Plz confirm

gindimane

Right off the assembly line

hi i got bb connection(Rs 250 plan) on 13 th of this month.will i get 1GB upto 31st of this month or 13th of next month?anybody plz clarify urgently.i have only 3 days left if it's 31st!

hi!i got bb on 13th of this month(Rs 250 plan).will i get 1 GB upto 31st of this month or 13th of next month?anybody plzz clarify urgently as i have only 3 days if it's 31st of this month.thank you

Last edited:

hsmukunda

Right off the assembly line

Hi I have BSNL dataone broadband connection.
I cannot see myaccount usage.
I did try www.dataone.in and then clicked on check your account usage but the page is showing only blank nothing is there to login, just blank page.
I did check some other ip address which I searched in net to know my account usage even it was not working.
Any body could help me why I could not open the account usage and see my account.
thanks

Top Bottom