** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

^^yes i think they dont have any backup system..... But when the line is dropped when there is power failure, after 4-5 seconds it blinks and gets restored again......

REY619 said:
^^yes i think they dont have any backup system..... But when the line is dropped when there is power failure, after 4-5 seconds it blinks and gets restored again......

What is the modem you are using? Because if you have an AC adapter for the modem, then a voltage fluctuaion can sometimes reboot the ADSL link in your modem.

As far as broken downloads are concerned, I would advise you to use any of the millions of download managers available which will not cut off the download even if the connection is lost and even if it stops downloading, it can resume from where it left. I would advise you to try searching for such download managers.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz

Help~Is~Here said:
What is the modem you are using? Because if you have an AC adapter for the modem, then a voltage fluctuaion can sometimes reboot the ADSL link in your modem.

As far as broken downloads are concerned, I would advise you to use any of the millions of download managers available which will not cut off the download even if the connection is lost and even if it stops downloading, it can resume from where it left. I would advise you to try searching for such download managers.
I am using UT-300 R2U.... Yes i am using AC adpater, its connected to UPS so that it remains online when power goes... But ADSL link is dropped and modem remains online, in case of power failure.... :(
Also yes i use FDM to download files, the problem arrives with hrapidshare as it doesnt support download managers..... :-|

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

REY619 said:
I am using UT-200 R2U.... Yes i am using AC adpater, its connected to UPS so that it remains online when power goes... But ADSL link is dropped and modem remains online, in case of power failure.... :(
Also yes i use FDM to download files, the problem arrives with hrapidshare as it doesnt support download managers..... :-|

In my case, disconnection happens sometimes when AC fails and more often when the AC starts, presumably due to the switching time of the UPS relay.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

NIGHTMARE said:
*img183.imageshack.us/img183/2851/bitcomet1zi0.png

guys i am using bitcomet it block my ip when drag to that balloon its show your listen port is unreachable to public domain peers,please check your firewall and NAT router configuration but if i use my reliance broadband connection it show green balloon.plz help me out

any bsnl user facing this problem

NIGHTMARE said:

guys i am using bitcomet it block my ip when drag to that balloon its show your listen port is unreachable to public domain peers,please check your firewall and NAT router configuration but if i use my reliance broadband connection it show green balloon.plz help me out

From a guess, I would say you are using 2 different modems. One for your reliance and the other for the BSNL connection. If that is the case, then the modem you are using for the BSNL connection has not been configured properly.

Indranil92001

Journeyman

NIGHTMARE said:

This is happen because maybe you login from your ADSL not from your PPPOE desktop.If you log in from your ADSL then you need to configure your bitcomet port with your ADSL and you have to set the port as open in your ADSL modem.If you log in from your DESKTOP PPPOE then this problem not happen,IF happen then look at your FIREWALL,Maybe need to configure your bitcomet with your FIREWALL.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

thanks guys problem is solve i configure the UPnP setting its work fine

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure

Hi guys, can u suggest me 1thing, I have a dataone connection in prepaid mode - I pay full in 1 single bill by the end of the year.
Now my pc is not working for 2 months & I am travelling most of the time so notime to repair - in that case it is a completewaste of money.

Pls suggest me how can I cancle my prepaid option (switch to post paid mode) before the next year bill raise to me with full 1 year charge included, and if I cancle it can I be able to re-transfer to prepaid mode?? cause it saves 2 months rental.

Pls I need ur help...

^^ That info varies from place to place, so it's better you contact your local BSNL exchange or customer service center and explain it to them to get the appropiate solution.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

Is there any command to shutdown or reboot Bsnl modem( ut 300R2u)....any utility??.
I want to schedule a connection at 2am so modem needs to be restated otherwise i will get billed(this happened to me yesterday)

^^ Nope, that's a misconception. You will not be billed for any usage after 2am regardless of whether you restart your modem or not. You might be a bit confused with the results from the software that you are using to pull out the usage stats. But I can assure you that you don't need to restart your modem.

src2206

In the zone

Help~Is~Here said:
^^ Nope, that's a misconception. You will not be billed for any usage after 2am regardless of whether you restart your modem or not. You might be a bit confused with the results from the software that you are using to pull out the usage stats. But I can assure you that you don't need to restart your modem.

I agree, but I remeber the first time my connection was set up, I was told by BSNL that it is preferable to restart the modem......but I forget a number of times and I haven't seen overbilling yet. :)

dreams

Gracias Senor

Hi guys.. I live in chennai and ue BSNL UL900.. I had no problems for the last week or month..I use a UT300R2U modem frm BSNL..Wat happens is my ADSL light restarts when i d/l any stuffs frm rapidshare..this is really annoying..this happens umtimes when I browse the net also..I have connected the modem directly to the AC Power outlet..Also I have recently changed my ethernet cable too thinking may be the cable is the culprit..but the speed inc by 10 but the connectivity is stil same..

Note - I have a splitter connected with a telephone. Does this cause any change. BTW it was connected frm day 1 and I have this prob frm last month only.

Help me out guys..

TIA

Last edited:

topramen115

Broken In

hi Guys,

I recently took BSNL HOME 500 connection. I have UT300RTU ADSL modem , iam using the single connection by connecting the router to hub then to two PC's . I am able to access the net by setting the router in Router mode by saving ID and password in the router. But, sometimes when i switch off the router suddenly i.e in case of power failure.. the default BSNL settings are coming up and i have to reconfigure.. whts the solution to this ..

The router which i got has in built BSNL settings.

Device Info

Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M
Software Version: 3.08.BSNL_02.01.02_tr64.
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-8.7
Firmware Version: UT300R2U.0011.01
Hardware Version: UT300R2U 2.2
Model Name: UT300R2U

Wht is happening is , when power goes off , the modem is being reset and the default settings are loaded .Since , BSNL has put its own firmware with preconfigured settings they are being reloaded. I think the solution is to update the firmware with my own settings. How can I do this .. I have the settings file. But, How do i patch the settings file along with the firmware.

dreams said:
Hi guys.. I live in chennai and ue BSNL UL900.. I had no problems for the last week or month..I use a UT300R2U modem frm BSNL..Wat happens is my ADSL light restarts when i d/l any stuffs frm rapidshare..this is really annoying..this happens umtimes when I browse the net also..I have connected the modem directly to the AC Power outlet..Also I have recently changed my ethernet cable too thinking may be the cable is the culprit..but the speed inc by 10 but the connectivity is stil same..

Note - I have a splitter connected with a telephone. Does this cause any change. BTW it was connected frm day 1 and I have this prob frm last month only.

Help me out guys..

TIA

If the ADSL light drops, then that has nothing to do with your ethernet cable or your powersupply(very rarely, yes). Mainly it has to do with the phone line or your exchange. The first step is to make sure that your line is clear as much as possible. If it's too noisy or lot of other weird noises on the line, then it will interrupt your ADSL. This is very possible in the rainy season. So, get your actual telephone line checked for disturbance. If it's fine, then make sure your ADSL filter is working/try with another one. If that's fine, then lodge a complaint at your local telephone exchange..

topramen115 said:
hi Guys,

I recently took BSNL HOME 500 connection. I have UT300RTU ADSL modem , iam using the single connection by connecting the router to hub then to two PC's . I am able to access the net by setting the router in Router mode by saving ID and password in the router. But, sometimes when i switch off the router suddenly i.e in case of power failure.. the default BSNL settings are coming up and i have to reconfigure.. whts the solution to this ..

The router which i got has in built BSNL settings.

Device Info

Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M
Software Version: 3.08.BSNL_02.01.02_tr64.
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-8.7
Firmware Version: UT300R2U.0011.01
Hardware Version: UT300R2U 2.2
Model Name: UT300R2U

Wht is happening is , when power goes off , the modem is being reset and the default settings are loaded .Since , BSNL has put its own firmware with preconfigured settings they are being reloaded. I think the solution is to update the firmware with my own settings. How can I do this .. I have the settings file. But, How do i patch the settings file along with the firmware.

Haven't you tried the 'SAVE AND REBOOT' option once you have actually put in the required settings? Because if you haven't done so, then it will never save the settings and will be lost when the modem restarts. So, once you have made the necessary configuration change that you like. Do a save a reboot and it will store all the information you entered to the RAM.

Last edited:

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !

Suppose X has a Dataone connection in phone No 123456 and Y has connection in phone No 654321. If X uses his ID/pw to Y's connection and visa versa, in whose a/c the upload/download limit will be calculated.
I think loading/uploading will be calculated on that account whose ID/PW is used. Here telephone connection is not matter. That is If I used my BB id/pw to some ones BB connection my BB connection will be billed. I shall be glad to know, am I correct or not ?
Thanks

Yes, its charged to the userid and not to the phone no. And BSNL has already implemented SSB in majority of the cities... so, use of username/passwords on different nos will not be possible anymore..

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

Help~Is~Here said:

yeah i thought like that till yesterday....but i was billed for free hours becoz my modem was 'ON' frm 9pm..see the screen shot(105mb gone!!), i hav marked it in red..and also see the yellow mark(00:47 = 12:47) the time i rebooted the modem(compu is off frm 12:45 to 2.10am)....this is not the first time this has happened.
I am sure that my compu started only at 2.10am, sheduled in BIOS, and also i can see frm my event log that computer connected to net on 2.15am but some how free hour download frm 2.15am to 2.57am was charged along with 1.13am ~ 2.57am slot....
And also do anyone know why the usage is shown in alternate intervals? like, 1.13to2.15 , 2.15to3.34, 3.34to4.00 even though there is no disconnection in that time interval..is there any problem with my nic?

*img212.imageshack.us/img212/8654/untitledzp1.jpg

Top Bottom