** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

for ur NAT problems, disable NAT and inbuilt firewall(or config correctly) in ur router config tool. thatz as easy as it gets.

thinkingdigit

Broken In

guys i just wanted to know how can i appy various modes for my Huawei quidway WA1003a modem....so that i can expierience a speed of more than 256kbps....since for past few days i have been expierincing very low speeds.....please do help....:s

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

well i think the best mode is automatically selected when u switchon the modem.

may be the s/n ratio is too high in ur case due to the long wires. and may be because of this it has clocked down.

why dont u try to get someother frnds modem and try it on.

Ricky said:
Hmm, if you really worked for BT and that too in aDSL department then you could help me a bit, are you thre btw ?
Mine problem is simple, that I have struggle hard to get download link of "256kbps' or above , on first it seems that line is faulty.
Ok I went to exchange and they said that we have just alloted you BB connection on your own risk as your house is more than 3 kms away ie. they can only provide support in 3 km range.
Here are the stats for adsl from the modem
*www.imagetor.com/out.php/t5807_adslstats.jpg
But thats only when if I select "adsl mode" as "multimode" , default ADSL2+ gives only 96 kbps download link.
On the other hand, a guy, a km away, having BB and same modem on selecting adsl2+ gets download link of 2046 ie. around 2mbps (it means that he can use upto 2mbps plan without problem).

One more thing to note here that when I select aDSL mode as "ADSL@+" then link get stable on its own but when I select multimode then I have to use few tricks to make it stable.
So I want that I can get proper download link with ADSL2+ as then I won't have to worry for link stability.

What should I suggest to link man and exchange guy to do in this concern ?
They are getting paid for nothing so they never worry to diagnose anything.. they only repair things those are normal and usual..ie they know it already else they wont bother.

As you are aware, Broadband is very distant dependant. Even in the UK, no brodband line is given to distance above 5.5Km. That means, a person who is staying 5.5Km away from the exchange can get atleast 256Kbps but then comes the big daddy of broadband 'LINE CONDITIONS'. No matter even if your house is at the door of the exchange, if your line is not good, you get nothing! First thing you need to do is make sure the problem is not withing your house.

• Disconnect every other device from the phone line except your modem.
  • Get a new ADSL micro filter and connect the filter to the first point of entry of the phone line into the house. (eg: if the phone line coming from outside comes first into your living room from where it splits up, then you need to connect the filter directly to that socket with a standard 3ft telephone cable.)
  • Now, connect your modem directly to the filter on the computer/modem port with again a standard 3ft cable.
  • Now check if the DSL link speeds on your modem are any different with the different modulation types.
  • If still no improvement, disconnect the modem and filter from the first socket and then connect a standard anologue phone directly to that socket without the filter and check if there is any static or crackling on the line you can hear.
  • If there is nothing, then you will need to try with another modem.
  • If still no improvement, well you have done enough tests to prove the problem is certainly not within your house.
  • The next step is pure gamble. Firstly, it could be that the distance is too much for BSNL's DSLAM to give you proper connectivity and link speeds in which case nothing can be done. Secondly, it could be that the line from the exchange to your house is too degraded that it can't handle both the data and voice in which case the only way out is to rewire the entire cabling which BSNL is not going to do even in your most wonderful dream!:D
Now, about the different modulation types that you mentioned earlier:
There are a lot of modulation types, now, the only one that will work properly is that one that BSNL is using. Some modulation types are intercompatible, that's why some of them work and some of them don't even connect and some of them give limited connectivity. Now, what modulation is BSNL using? that's a very good question! Seems like BSNL really don't want to disclose such information to public although it is a very essential part of connectivity. If you search the internet, you can find lot of answers to it by different people, but to my knowledge, BSNL hasn't sent out any official reports on the same.:mad:

Hope you find this answer helpful
guys i just wanted to know how can i appy various modes for my Huawei quidway WA1003a modem....so that i can expierience a speed of more than 256kbps....since for past few days i have been expierincing very low speeds.....please do help....:s

Unfortunately, Regardless of what your link speeds are, your maximum speed will not go above 250Kb/s which is a maximum of 35KB/s. If you do a speed test on www.kbps.co.uk you can find you exact download speeds, it will ideally range between 20-30KB/s. I find that site very usefull as it gives a detaild summary of the tests you do.

Secondly, the maximum link speed that you will get will not exceed 2048Kbps but your line will be capped at 256Kbps if you have opted for that package.:D

To see on how you could check if it's any problems in the house lowering your speed, just go though the insructions in my last post:)

Last edited:

mAYHEM

Journeyman

Help~Is~Here said:
Now, what modulation is BSNL using? that's a very good question! Seems like BSNL really don't want to disclose such information to public although it is a very essential part of connectivity. If you search the internet, you can find lot of answers to it by different people, but to my knowledge, BSNL hasn't sent out any official reports on the same.
BSNL is using G.dmt modulation.

swaroopksuresh

Right off the assembly line

Chirag said:
Any idea abt the cost of modem?? If its high than I think I shld go for cable internet 1100/month for 256 kbps ul and 1800/month for 512 kbps ul. I m thinking of going with 256 kbps ul and than hacking their modem and making my connection 2 mb or more if i find the correct file.:twisted:

Please tell me how to HACK cable modem.
64 Kbps unlimited intenet is available for 400/- .Is it pssible to change the speed to 2mb?
swaroopksuresh@yahoo.com

Last edited:

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent

i recently asked for a change in the plan from HOME900 to HOME250

but looks like these guys hav changed it on 31st itself...and the portal is showing tht as charged usage(some 1gb) for 31st

so could this just be error in the portal...or do i need to get tht changed somewhere?

and if at all i am billed will i be billed for Oct or Nov?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

i applied for Plan change from Home 250 to Home 900UL on 30th (monday), October.
& my plan did not change :( . is this normal for BSNL to delay such things.

Will the plan be changed in any other day of this month.

tinku dhar

In the zone

s18000rpm said:
i applied for Plan change from Home 250 to Home 900UL on 30th (monday), October.

INFORM to BSNL thts it :)

jack// ani

In the zone

s18000rpm said:

ya..they sometime take time, usually not more than 1 or 2 days.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

so is there any possibility that the PLAn will be changed in this month itself.
i just want to know guys, i've got 4-5 GB of downloads to make :D

I'll be calling BSNL tomorow

I just called the BSNL CC (B'lore # 1500), & the BSNL guy told me that, the Procssing will take a week, & after that they will Inform us of the Plan Change.

Last edited:

tinku dhar

In the zone

s18000rpm said:
so is there any possibility that the PLAn will be changed in this month itself.
i just want to know guys, i've got 4-5 GB of downloads to make :D

I'll be calling BSNL tomorow

I just called the BSNL CC (B'lore # 1500), & the BSNL guy told me that, the Procssing will take a week, & after that they will Inform us of the Plan Change.

ya it Just gonna take some days i mean a WEEK may be ...... but u do need to INFORM them frequently :)

and 900 UL Plan is the BEST for to Download UNLIMITED :) better than 250 and 500 PLAN :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

guys, i just recieved a call from BSNL Exchange, they callled to Confirm the Plan Change. :)
I asked them about when the Change in Plan will take effect, they said MAYBE this month itself :D , or 1st day of next month, i.e., 1st December. :( .

they also told to call the BSNL call Centre now & then, to see whether Plan change has taken effect (i.e., in this month)

tinku dhar

In the zone

s18000rpm said:
guys, i just recieved a call from BSNL Exchange, they callled to Confirm the Plan Change. :)
I asked them about when the Change in Plan will take effect, they said MAYBE this month itself :D , or 1st day of next month, i.e., 1st December. :( .

they also told to call the BSNL call Centre now & then, to see whether Plan change has taken effect (i.e., in this month)

aha

mayn don't worry and be happy it gonna be ok sooon :)

as how many days after applyin u got the connection :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

well i dont remember exactly, but i think it took 1 week to get the connection. (using the Home250 since 2005/11/21)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

hey, which soon are talking about, :D the REAL soon :D or the usual BSNL Soon :D. (sloooow soon) :D

I just hope i get it by next monday-wednesday. :)

squid

Broken In

BSNL has announced the tariff for Gaming services and is providing a free 15 day trial. does anyone know how to activate this package

*bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=337

Akhil Jain

Journeyman

yes , squid i check it.
but how will they know what data is meant for gaming and what amount for other purpose.
i think they will consider data downloaded from I.G. site to be free and all other data wud be count
also they not clear the difference between stadard and premium package

if i opt for 900ul plus plan and standard gaming
then 900+100=1000 & taxes wud i got
plz clarify if anyone have information

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

squid said:
BSNL has announced the tariff for Gaming services and is providing a free 15 day trial. does anyone know how to activate this package

*bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=337

Hmmm...but how to activate the free trial?

Top Bottom